Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 4 Transfer Thread (adios Rooney gu'lad)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭skippy15

lougal88 wrote: »
    Looking like Pelle, although Home to Norwich he's been hit and miss.

Front 8 for clarity is:
    Payet Mahrez Silva Cabaye (Fletcher)
    Diouf Aguero Pelle

Cabaye/Payet/Pelle are on the chopping block

What about Pelle to Costa? (or to wilson .2 swing tonight- was my transfer)
    Costa on his day is a machine, and with so many on Haz/ Pedro could be a good move. Still gives you 2m to upgrade cabaye next week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

Any thoughts on whether I should transfer in Kolarov for Cedric Soares for a -4.

My other defs are Bellerin, Azpi, Francis and Saylor...

If I do it I'm at maximum Man City, already owning Silva and Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

tom_k wrote: »
    Any thoughts on whether I should transfer in Kolarov for Cedric Soares for a -4.

My other defs are Bellerin, Azpi, Francis and Saylor...

If I do it I'm at maximum Man City, already owning Silva and Aguero.

I personally have taken a -4 for kolarov, and I think he could get double digits, and Southampton have been poor at the back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    I personally have taken a -4 for kolarov, and I think he could get double digits, and Southampton have been poor at the back

One way or another, I'm getting rid of Cedric Soares and getting Kolarov in after hearing the Clichy injury update. Think I'll do it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »

Me too. For Mangala!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

ElTel wrote: »
    Me too. For Mangala!

Would keep an eye on City's CB situation with Otamendi now there,

not many clubs spend almost £30 million on a CB and leave him on the bench, wouldn't put it by City though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Still fighting to decide who to ditch between Bellerin & Azpi :o... for Kolarov.

- edit -

Eventually ditched Azpi. Not happy with it for this week game but they haven't kept a CS yet, their H2H recent history is not as good as Arsenal one at St James Park CS-wise and more importantly the £0.5m diff gives me a lot more flexibility towards my next transfers. It means I don't HAVE TO WC next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭DwightSchrute1

Fabianski,
    Sagna, Bellerin, Darmian, (Targett, Ward),
    Mahrez, Sanchez, Pedro, Kouyate, Yaya, Gomis, Aguero(C) (Ighalo)

Bit the bullet and played the wildcard as I'm currently 1.5 million in the world. Any suggestions on whether or not I could improve the team? I have 0.4 in the bank.

Fabianski,
    Sagna, Bellerin, Darmian, (Targett, Ward),
    Mahrez, Sanchez, Pedro, Kouyate, Yaya, Gomis, Aguero(C) (Ighalo)

Bit the bullet and played the wildcard as I'm currently 1.5 million in the world. Any suggestions on whether or not I could improve the team? I have 0.4 in the bank.

Kolarov will probably rise tonight.

shineon23 wrote: »
    Would keep an eye on City's CB situation with Otamendi now there,

not many clubs spend almost £30 million on a CB and leave him on the bench, wouldn't put it by City though.

Had to be done when I heard about Clichy injury.

• Advertisement

iroced wrote: »
    Still fighting to decide who to ditch between Bellerin & Azpi :o... for Kolarov.

- edit -

Eventually ditched Azpi. Not happy with it for this week game but they haven't kept a CS yet, their H2H recent history is not as good as Arsenal one at St James Park CS-wise and more importantly the £0.5m diff gives me a lot more flexibility towards my next transfers. It means I don't HAVE TO WC next week.

So have you a minus start to the GW?
    I'm -8 but happy.,,,ish.
    Total WC count could be over 1M now. (1 in 3)
    WC intact.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

So have you a minus start to the GW?
    I'm -8 but happy.,,,ish.
    Total WC count could be over 1M now. (1 in 3)
    WC intact.
    Yeah. -4. Third in a row :o... 1st worked a treat. 2nd I broke even but was good value-wise. Hopefully the trend doesn't continue and both Kolarov & Pedro replicate their last week achievements.

iroced wrote: »
    Yeah. -4. Third in a row :o... 1st worked a treat. 2nd I broke even but was good value-wise. Hopefully the trend doesn't continue and both Kolarov & Pedro replicate their last week achievements.

This is my first hit for transfers.
    Good GW or not my D needs work.
    The 3 this week were to save price drops and get Kolarov in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

Had to be done when I heard about Clichy injury.

Did you do Kolarov in for Mangala?

I read it as you transferred Mangala in for Cedric,

shineon23 wrote: »
    Did you do Kolarov in for Mangala?

I read it as you transferred Mangala in for Cedric,

Yeah,
    Will pay for itself sooner......
    Had Mangala from the start.
    Started with a team worth 93M expecting to bring in the big hitters.
    Messed up on my GPs.
    Will go Krul and the not Elliot guy when I WC

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Should I be giving more serious consideration to Gomis to Benteke for -4.

Next 4
    Gomis: MNU, wat, EVE, sot
    Tekkers: WHU, mnu, NOR, AVL

I know Gomis has form and could well score goals in those fixtures, but Bentekes stats are decent and there is more chance of some big hauls over those fixtures surely.

Over those fixtures Benteke-4 > Gomis??

• Registered Users Posts: 32,858 ✭✭✭✭CSF

FHFC wrote: »

Next 4

I know Gomis has form and could well score goals in those fixtures, but Bentekes stats are decent and there is more chance of some big hauls over those fixtures surely.

Is 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 also an option? IMO Benteke can wait til GW6

CSF wrote: »
    Is 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 also an option? IMO Benteke can wait til GW6

That was my view too. But I'm likely to need a hit to get him in for then and looking at the fixtures and risk of him hitting a brace today the chances of recouping 64 points might be better if done now.

That was my view too. But I'm likely to need a hit to get him in for then and looking at the fixtures and risk of him hitting a brace today the chances of recouping 64 points might be better if done now.

I'd figure out if you can do it in GW6 without a hit, if you can, go that way. If not, better to do it today if you're gonna take the hit anyway, but my plan is to do it with a free transfer in GW6 and I've that plan (although these can change very quickly) already in place.

CSF wrote: »
    I'd figure out if you can do it in GW6 without a hit, if you can, go that way. If not, better to do it today if you're gonna take the hit anyway, but my plan is to do it with a free transfer in GW6 and I've that plan (although these can change very quickly) already in place.

If i also want to get chelsea midfield cover by then it'll require a hit as I'm 0.1 short of Depay and Gomis to Pedro and Benteke. I'm thinking Sanchez may have to go to free up funds.

The only long shot would be Gomis scoring vs Utd and rising another 0.1

• Advertisement

If i also want to get chelsea midfield cover by then it'll require a hit as I'm 0.1 short of Depay and Gomis to Pedro and Benteke. I'm thinking Sanchez may have to go to free up funds.

The only long shot would be Gomis scoring vs Utd and rising another 0.1

I'm holding off on Chelsea attacking cover until their fixtures improve (we know what Jose is like against the bigger teams). If I wanted it Id go with it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I moved out Sakho and brought in Wilson last night before the price changes.

Thinking wildcard next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Next 4

Fook it, I'm in the same spot.
    I'm going to do it. If Aguero didn't have such a nice home fixture then Tekkers would be capt material this week.... So in he comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Next 4

I haven't been impressed with Liverpool attacking wise. I did miss the 1st half v arsenal though. I'm looking at benteke from gw 6. Post suarez liverpool have yet to look like they will run up a big score in a game. Gomez as good as he has been defensively is a problem for the attack due to cutting inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

is there anyone out there who doesn't have the max number of Man City players (or intends to have once transfer logic works out)?

I even think Kolarov(or a.n.other city defender) is a mistake as Silva Yaya and Aguero are going to go on a rampage over the next few weeks in my opinion

Islander13 wrote: »
    is there anyone out there who doesn't have the max number of Man City players (or intends to have once transfer logic works out)?

I even think Kolarov(or a.n.other city defender) is a mistake as Silva Yaya and Aguero are going to go on a rampage over the next few weeks in my opinion

Fancy Kolarov to outscore Yaya and Silva myself.

I haven't been impressed with Liverpool attacking wise. I did miss the 1st half v arsenal though. I'm looking at benteke from gw 6. Post suarez liverpool have yet to look like they will run up a big score in a game. Gomez as good as he has been defensively is a problem for the attack due to cutting inside.

They haven't been firing going forward bar a chunk of that first half. I would go as far as saying both Benteke and those behind him.look clueless as to how to play together at times.

But he still poses a big individual threat for me. Despite all that, he is still getting chances.

West Ham, Norwich and Villa, two of the three of the leakiest defences so far and his former club, at home in next three is hard to pass. His underlying stats are good, creating chances as well as having shots on target. It kinda looking to me like if you want him for 6 & 7 may as well invest now.

Islander13 wrote: »

Kolarov could easily been involved in that rampage.

• Advertisement

West Ham, Norwich and Villa, two of the three of the leakiest defences so far and his former club, at home in next three is hard to pass. His underlying stats are good, creating chances as well as having shots on target. It kinda looking to me like if you want him for 6 & 7 may as well invest now.

I agree, but not for 4.

Advertisement