Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW 4 Transfer Thread (adios Rooney gu'lad)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,690 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

wonski wrote:
    As a regular, or a semi regular, you should know better tbh.

Agreed.
    wonski wrote:
    No harm done to me, but there are people out there whou could make a transfer or two.

I know. I know. It was careless. Apologies again.
    wonski wrote:
    You should know better and act accordingly as a long time poster.

Fair comment
    wonski wrote:
    You got distracted at work? By work maybe???

Yes. Point made.

I'm half thinking of bringing in a Watford defender just in case they park the bus and leave with a 0-0. That way if Aguero blanks it's not all bad. Crazy talk right. But how many time have we seen a result like that come left of field when an inform team seems like a absolute shoe in for a big win and the total opposite happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I'm half thinking of bringing in a Watford defender just in case they park the bus and leave with a 0-0. That way if Aguero blanks it's not all bad. Crazy talk right. But how many time have we seen a result like that come left of field when an inform team seems like a absolute shoe in for a big win and the total opposite happens.

Definitely nothing could go wrong with that plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Don't do it. Watford have the longest odds of any team to keep a clean sheet this week.

jimmii wrote:
    Definitely nothing could go wrong with that plan.

Thanks Jimmii. I knew you'd steer me right.

I should definitely take a -8 and triple up on them right?

• Advertisement

Thanks Jimmii. I knew you'd steer me right.

I should definitely take a -8 and triple up on them right?

Probably throw the triple captain on them as well for the craic :pac::pac:

If you did and it came off it would be unreal! It would be the sort of thing you could happily retire on as you know FPL could never get any better!!

jimmii wrote:
    If you did and it came off it would be unreal! It would be the sort of thing you could happily retire on as you know FPL could never get any better!!

Oh man. That would be sweet. That feeling of smugness alone would be worth it.

jimmii wrote:
    Probably throw the triple captain on them as well for the craic

Ha. I'm wildcarding over the international break so I'm likely to do anything to my team for this gw but that's a step too far.

Took out Giroud for Benteke...

Not 100% confident on that move!

Oh man. That would be sweet. That feeling of smugness alone would be worth it.

Ha. I'm wildcarding over the international break so I'm likely to do anything to my team for this gw but that's a step too far.

If my season is still on the ropes come January I'll be tempted to try some maverick moves like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Thinking about bringing in a Chelsea player for a 1 week punt before using the WC tomorrow.
    Is Costa the best option? Or bring in Pedro?

No Chelsea attackers at the moment. Have 6.5m in the bank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

lougal88 wrote: »
    Thinking about bringing in a Chelsea player for a 1 week punt before using the WC tomorrow.

I think that Hazard is still the best option if money doesn't come into it. The reason why many are gravitating towards Pedro now is due to his cheaper price. Costa next and then Pedro for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

A lot would depend on who makes way. Who would you be dropping in midfield or upfront to make way?

lougal88 wrote:
    Thinking about bringing in a Chelsea player for a 1 week punt before using the WC tomorrow. Is Costa the best option? Or bring in Pedro?

I think that Hazard is still the best option if money doesn't come into it. The reason why many are gravitating towards Pedro now is due to his cheaper price. Costa next and then Pedro for me.

In a similar position myself. If I don't blow the freebie on a Watford defender in a 1 week punt then I think I'll go for Pedro.

PARlance wrote: »
    A lot would depend on who makes way. Who would you be dropping in midfield or upfront to make way?

Looking like Pelle, although Home to Norwich he's been hit and miss.

Front 8 for clarity is:
    Payet Mahrez Silva Cabaye (Fletcher)
    Diouf Aguero Pelle

Cabaye/Payet/Pelle are on the chopping block

Front 8 for clarity is:
    Diouf Aguero Pelle

You could do Fletcher to Pedro and use the all out attack chip.

If not keen on that then Payet & Cabaye have tough away games. I would chop one of them before Pelle. And I would probably say Payet as Liverpool (0) have been better at the back than Chelsea (-7). Hazard over Pedro for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Front 8 for clarity is:
    Diouf Aguero Pelle

I'd have Payet or Cabaye out before Pelle home to Norwich.

I'd go Hazard for one of those probably.

You could do Fletcher to Pedro and use the all out attack chip.

If not keen on that then Payet & Cabaye have tough away games. I would chop one of them before Pelle. And I would probably say Payet as Liverpool (0) have been better at the back than Chelsea (-7). Hazard over Pedro for me.

This appealed to me for a minute there but realised Pedro is 9.5m. I only had 4.5 itb :(

But yeah I think Payet may be the one to go. Although Cabaye plays a lot deeper, plus could pick up a yellow. While Payet is on set pieces and if Liverpool do concede, which is inevitable at some point I fancy Payet to be involved.

Decisions, decisions...

FHFC wrote: »
    I'd have Payet or Cabaye out before Pelle home to Norwich.

I'd go Hazard for one of those probably.

Hazard over Pedro then? Think Cabaye may be the one to go

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Will people with Payet not just want him back for Newcastle at home? That's one of the main reasons I'm holding boyfriend of the year Sakho

This appealed to me for a minute there but realised Pedro is 9.5m. I only had 4.5 itb :(

But yeah I think Payet may be the one to go. Although Cabaye plays a lot deeper, plus could pick up a yellow. While Payet is on set pieces and if Liverpool do concede, which is inevitable at some point I fancy Payet to be involved.

Decisions, decisions...

Was going to apologize for getting your hopes up....but you did say you had 6.5 itb originally :)

There are a few guys under 9m that might be worth a try for that move. But you probably don't want more decisions.

• Advertisement

I'm holding on to Payet.

Westham will be very inconsistent this season but anything good they do Payet will be involved in.

Was going to apologize for getting your hopes up....but you did say you had 6.5 itb originally :)

There are a few guys under 9m that might be worth a try for that move. But you probably don't want more decisions.

Yeah my bad, 6.5m would have been nice :P

Had also decided on Cabaye -> Hazard but can't afford that either. Kind of want to hold Payet now. He may do something against Liverpool.

Cabaye -> Sanchez/Pedro/Fabregas??

Yeah my bad, 6.5m would have been nice :P

Had also decided on Cabaye -> Hazard but can't afford that either. Kind of want to hold Payet now. He may do something against Liverpool.

Cabaye -> Sanchez/Pedro/Fabregas??

Would have to be Sanchez I suppose.
    Or Pedro maybe.
    Or in the spirit of a real pre WC punt, Depay.

Sanchez. Newcastle away could be tasty.

Sheeeez.

Just scrolling down through possible replacements for Henderson and spotted Delph. With KDB on the horizon there is surely no home he'll get any sort of a run in the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Mangala > Kolarov for another hit! -8 this week.
    Am I mad?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Think I am doing a -8. Hendo & Rooney out, Pedro & Benteke in. Have already done Haz to Silva. Going to WC next week so taking a punt.

Cech

--- Gomez -- Cedric -- Huth

Pedro -- Silva -- Yaya -- Mahrez

--- Aguero (C) -- Benteke -- Sakho

Somebody talk me out of it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I'm holding on to Payet.

Westham will be very inconsistent this season but anything good they do Payet will be involved in.

They got 3 goals last week, Payet got 2 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Think I am doing a -8. Hendo & Rooney out, Pedro & Benteke in. Have already done Haz to Silva. Going to WC next week so taking a punt.

Cech

I think it would be madness to take an 8 point hit when you know you might wild card next week.

Especially when anything can happen re injuries over the international break.

Just put your best team on the pitch for this weekend and take it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

tomaussie wrote: »
    I think it would be madness to take an 8 point hit when you know you might wild card next week.

Especially when anything can happen re injuries over the international break.

Just put your best team on the pitch for this weekend and take it from there.

Good call I think.
    Saving TX also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Cech

Don't do it.

If anything just take a -4 punt on Gradel, Barkley or someone similiar for Hendo.

Advertisement