Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

VG31 wrote: »
    There's no available update showing for me.

Version is 6.16.
    Uninstall/reinstall?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,169 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Twitter is full of customers saying that the latest update removed all their cards and once added again it took some attempts to get it working.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭VG31

F1ngers wrote: »
    Version is 6.16.
    Uninstall/reinstall?

That's the version I have. I tried reinstalling it.

It seems to be an issue with Revolut, there's a few people on Twitter with the same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

All cards are back for me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I know conversation has moved on but for those people looking to pay the lottery using their Revolut card, you can play on lottoland.ie.

Same odds and prizes as lotto but they don't give as much to charity.

This is a gambling website. You're betting on the lottery numbers, it's not an official lottery but they still pay out the jackpots etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭Sarn

In relation to the privacy settings, it looks like they reworded the targeted marketing question. It’s now phrased the same as the first two, so is less confusing. Just deselect to opt out (my previous choice on the old version where you had to select carried through).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Sarn wrote: »
    In relation to the privacy settings, it looks like they reworded the targeted marketing question. It’s now phrased the same as the first two, so is less confusing. Just deselect to opt out (my previous choice on the old version where you had to select carried through).

Good spot that. Keeping the same toggle on after wording it the opposite way is bad form Revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

-=al=- wrote: »
    Good spot that. Keeping the same toggle on after wording it the opposite way is bad form Revolut

Ah you can’t really say that. They heard the feedback and acted on it.

Yes it’s bad they had a super cryptic toggle and wording but what’s worse? they leave the cryptic toggle/wording or notice their mistake and change it?

Seems like they're damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Does anyone here top up their Revolut account with Irish credit cards? Are there any merchant fees? I know Revolut don't charge anything but I'm worried that our dinosaur banking system might treat it as a foreign transaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭coolclogher

Does anyone here top up their Revolut account with Irish credit cards? Are there any merchant fees? I know Revolut don't charge anything but I'm worried that our dinosaur banking system might treat it as a foreign transaction.

All the time with AIB Credit Card, no fees

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭jamesieliz

All the time with AIB Credit Card, no fees

Same with BOI CC

• Registered Users Posts: 5,169 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Avantcard might trigger a fraud alert but so far has not charged any fees.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

No fees either with Ulster Bank or KBC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Ben Done wrote: »
    Yes, opted out of credit checks and social media through chat, and the rest through Privacy settings on app.

Note - the last item in Privacy section 'Targeted Marketing' is sneakily worded - that has to be selected to opt out, while the others need to be deselected to opt out - confirmed via chat..

Cheers I hadn't noticed that. Very, very sneaky

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Thanks all for the detailed responses, have a BOI CC and an Avant so good to go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Ever since I started using revolut a few months it's been getting the location of purchases wrong. For example purchases made in Dunnes Crumlin shopping centre are showing as the Swan Centre in Rathmines and yesterday I bought a cymbal stand in Waltons in Blanchardstown which came up as the Irish Houses of Parliament!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Gooser14

digitaldr wrote:
    Ever since I started using revolut a few months it's been getting the location of purchases wrong. For example purchases made in Dunnes Crumlin shopping centre are showing as the Swan Centre in Rathmines and yesterday I bought a cymbal stand in Waltons in Blanchardstown which came up as the Irish Houses of Parliament!

I have noticed it happens with some of my purchases but eventually corrects itself once the transaction completes. This can be days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I've had this happen a good few times and have contacted in-app support - got nowhere with it.

Giving me the wrong pub names etc. that I bought food in.

Made a donation I think it was and it showed as vhi women's mini marathon.

God only know's how it's supposed to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Gooser14 wrote: »
    I have noticed it happens with some of my purchases but eventually corrects itself once the transaction completes. This can be days later.

No corrections for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭markc1184

digitaldr wrote: »

I've noticed this too. Happens for me usually if i use my card to pay for a car park. At first I thought they might have been run by the same company but they aren't. No corrections for these transactions either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Can someone clarify for me if I have the right setting on NOT to have my details shared. Blue?

494972.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Ben Done

Can someone clarify for me if I have the right setting on NOT to have my details shared. Blue?

494972.jpg

Correct, as per customer service on chat (I had read conflicting interpretations online, including someone using the app through German, who thought something must have been lost in translation).

It turns out it's either a) poorly worded or b) deliberately obtuse.

My money is on the latter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Ben Done wrote: »
    Correct, as per customer service on chat (I had read conflicting interpretations online, including someone using the app through German, who thought something must have been lost in translation).

It turns out it's either a) poorly worded or b) deliberately obtuse.

My money is on the latter.

Seems to have been changed. On my phone it says the following for Targeted Marketing.
    I want Revolut to be able to use my data for targeted marketing campaigns with third party advertising platforms.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

This is what I see,

FB96-FEBE-ECFA-46-C2-B62-A-12-EB57-FE57-B1.png

Aquos76 wrote: »
    This is what I see,

<unquoted image for cleanliness sake>

yep there's been about 3-4 app updates to iOS since this news broke, they've change the wording.

Since I'm not an Android user I don't know what their releases are like but
    a) the user seeing the old message could be on Android
    b) Revolut haven't updated their Android App.
    c) User hasn't updated their Revolut version on their Android phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

yep there's been about 3-4 app updates to iOS since this news broke, they've change the wording.

Since I'm not an Android user I don't know what their releases are like but
    a) the user seeing the old message could be on Android
    b) Revolut haven't updated their Android App.
    c) User hasn't updated their Revolut version on their Android phone.

I'm on android, there was an update a few days ago that sorted out the wording

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

My revolut app updated this morning.

I had the old double meaning selection of third party information sharing , so in line with a previous poster here I had it "On" (highlighted blue) as to say , Don't share information.

Now from my update this morning they changed the wording to "I want revolut to share my info etc" and it was highlighted blue / On so I turned it off

Just a heads up !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Anybody get there salary paid into their Revolut account and use it for all banking?

It's tempting as I use very little cash and it seems to have all the functionality.

Ush1 wrote: »
    Anybody get there salary paid into their Revolut account and use it for all banking?

It's tempting as I use very little cash and it seems to have all the functionality.
    No way. Revolut is my "play" money. If the card gets compromised and or Revolut goes bust I'll lose a grand total of (looks up Revolut wallets)... €0.41 / £0.27 / TRY 140.56 so in total roughly €23.

I also have an enforced rule that no "traditional" debit card of mine will be used online (why gamble with your money and not a credit card provider). And I top-up Revolut "Just-in-Time" when I'm travelling e.g. I get a bill in the restaurant, I top-up Revolut via Apple Pay (money available in Revolut instantly) then tap my Revolut card and then disable card features.

Yes I realise this is probably a bit too safe, but I like having multiple physical silos for my money. Good example of this was a few years ago when the Visa payment network was down for about 12 hours (on a Friday as well). This didn't affect me cause my Revolut is Visa, and my main bank is Mastercard, I just switched cards, all my friends that only had visa were screwed for money over those 12 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Is anyone here using Revolut mastercard on FitBit Pay?

I take it you have to have a premium account for the mastercard?

Are there any ways to cicrumvent the irish price or is the equivilant in every country?

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement