Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut - Ultracheap FX (prepaid Mastercard)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,404 ✭✭✭irishgeo

keano25 wrote: »
    We are renting a car and travelling across states so will have to pay for hotels etc as we go so I plan on lodging about 2000 on the card for this..

I wouldn't use revolut for hotels. If they take a deposit you could be waiting a few days for it to be returned. Limiting your balance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

irishgeo wrote: »
    I wouldn't use revolut for hotels. If they take a deposit you could be waiting a few days for it to be returned. Limiting your balance.

What would you recommend?
    Don't like the idea of carrying a ball of cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

keano25 wrote: »
    What would you recommend?
    Don't like the idea of carrying a ball of cash.

A credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭J_A_F_A

I shopped in Lidl today but the app is showing the transaction was in Supervalu. (amount correct) I wonder is this a Revolut or Visa glitch?
    It's a Revolut problem. From in app support: "..introducing new implementations concerning names, this mismatch is only temporary....."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Used it in Iceland for a week with no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

A credit card.
    Yes, this is what I do for hotels that look for a deposit, amount gets blocked on the credit card. If there are any incidentals you can always pay with the Revolut card when you check out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,440 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Coeus wrote: »
    Yes, this is what I do for hotels that look for a deposit, amount gets blocked on the credit card. If there are any incidentals you can always pay with the Revolut card when you check out.
    And make the actual payment with Revolut if the hotel have the ability to separate the deposit from the final bill (or upfront payment if they work that way). You get the best value that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Delta2113

J_A_F_A wrote: »
    I shopped in Lidl today but the app is showing the transaction was in Supervalu. (amount correct) I wonder is this a Revolut or Visa glitch?
    It's a Revolut problem. From in app support: "..introducing new implementations concerning names, this mismatch is only temporary....."

My local chipper shows up as Ikea.

My Londis used to include area off Dublin but just says Londis now. It does now include correct Londis logo. Revolut are probably slowly building a database would be my guess and maybe using atificial intelligence - who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

They’re also beta’ing showing logos for the retailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Dardania wrote: »
    They’re also beta’ing showing logos for the retailers.

As long as I’ve had the card they’ve been showing logos for (some) retailers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Delta2113

They use the Supervalu Canada logo for Supervalu Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Does anyone know if the euro IBAN works, I want to transfer money from a third party to my revolut euro account, have read some conflicting stories about the GB iban, will the transfer work? Do I need to add xxx to end of BIC i.e. REVOGB21XXX.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

Does anyone know if the euro IBAN works, I want to transfer money from a third party to my revolut euro account, have read some conflicting stories about the GB iban, will the transfer work? Do I need to add xxx to end of BIC i.e. REVOGB21XXX.

august12 wrote: »

REVOGB21 works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Gooser14

august12 wrote:

Worked for me transferring Euro from BoI. Transfer is slow - best part of 23 hours.

Just set up my Revolut Mastercard with Google Pay.(to make payments.)
    It works! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,440 ✭✭✭TheChizler

J_A_F_A wrote: »
    Just set up my Revolut Mastercard with Google Pay. Not tested it yet. Their Visa won't work.
    Are you saying you set it up for making payments or just topping up?

Edit: Unreal!
    1ywehz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

TheChizler wrote: »
    Are you saying you set it up for making payments or just topping up?

Edit: Unreal!
    1ywehz.jpg
    Got it working too. You need to add the card as a payment method for your Google Account before trying to activate it with Google Pay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

I wonder is visa variant only a matter of time?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

revolut is unreal

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Deadly, been waiting for this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Got a prompt to add my revolut card the other day but when I just tried to set it up now it says the feature isn't supported by my bank. Has anyone else come across this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

iamtony wrote: »
    Got a prompt to add my revolut card the other day but when I just tried to set it up now it says the feature isn't supported by my bank. Has anyone else come across this issue?

Works with my Revolut mastercard is yours a visa one?

Did you try adding it to your google wallet first

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Just used it in my local Centra. Love Revolut even more now :cool:

Works with my Revolut mastercard is yours a visa one?

Yeah mines a visa does that make a difference?

Did you try adding it to your google wallet first

I added it to something the other day. The Google pay app then had the card number saved when I went in the app to add new card. I don't have an app called Google wallet that I know off. When I set the card up I got a notification off the revolut app saying Google autherise or whatever it says but then it give me the message above.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭noel100

No issues deleted ulsterbank and replaced it with Google pay with revolut MasterCard. About time I'm delighted to have this feature now on revolut.

I added it to something the other day. The Google pay app then had the card number saved when I went in the app to add new card. I don't have an app called Google wallet that I know off. When I set the card up I got a notification off the revolut app saying Google autherise or whatever it says but then it give me the message above.

I mean adding it as a payment method for your google account

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Go into the play store and add the card there before you add it to Google play

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement