Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RDS Craft Beer Festival 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭tomhalloween

oblivious wrote: »
    But don't forget your valid membership card :)
    I have it with me. Having a quick steeple hemp in arthur maynes on my way there as we speak☺

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Downloading now. 30 mb, wtf.

Edit: doesn't work. LG G3.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

slayerking wrote: »
    Downloading now. 30 mb, wtf.

Edit: doesn't work. LG G3.

It's fairly flashy alright

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Sure may as well go for a look tonight. It will kill a few hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

What time are last drinks begin poured tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

11.30, as the law allows.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

11.30, as the law allows.

If it's closed earlier then you owe me drink to the value of my last order :)

No fancy glass blah!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

No fancy glass blah!

Wait What?

Wait What?

I just got the regular old one but I have spied one or two with them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

I just got the regular old one but I have spied one or two with them

€2 extra when you come in. You have to ask to upgrade. They may let you do it retroactively.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,781 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Whats the difference between regular and fancy?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

L1011 wrote: »
    Whats the difference between regular and fancy?

€2 :)

As Ronan|Raven said he got the old one, I'm guessing it's the same type as last year, a straight half-pint glass like these.

icbcfglass.jpg

This is the new fancy one

CNVaWHFVEAALoKC.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭realtec

Apart from ciders and whiskey, are there any celiac friendly beers on offer that do not use barley/wheat?

thanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,781 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I'd prefer the straight sided one for reuse actually. The other one looks like it won't fit in the top of my dishwasher!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Rye river with crazy great beers tonight. My most hated to favorite brewries in 1 evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

just home, great times, some great beers there. The layout is better than last year, new toilets and a large outdoor area out the back. The Mountain Man guy gave me a badge with "That Beard is Mighty Club" on it, which is quite frankly, the most amazing thing that has happened in my life, with the possible exception of the kids getting born.

BMJD wrote: »
    just home, great times, some great beers there. The layout is better than last year, new toilets and a large outdoor area out the back. The Mountain Man guy gave me a badge with "That Beard is Mighty Club" on it, which is quite frankly, the most amazing thing that has happened in my life, with the possible exception of the kids getting born.

That's nice and all but their beers are fairly bad this year. Tried the Blueberry one and the coriander and anise one. Two of the worst beers I've had in a while. Medicine.
    Very disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

luckily, there's about two million other beers to try :)

BMJD wrote: »
    luckily, there's about two million other beers to try :)

That is true. My favs so far are kinnegar guzeberry, White Hag chocolate Stout through the coffee Randall, brown paper bad auld bruin, White Hag sour (dunno what it's called). I've yet to have a good IPA. A little sumpin sumpin is as close as I've got to delicious hops so far.
    Rye river Marzen was decent aswell. Great spread of beers overall.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

The stemmed glass is lined to the 2/3 pint mark; the regular is a straight-sided half pint.

BeerNut wrote: »
    The stemmed glass is lined to the 2/3 pint mark; the regular is a straight-sided half pint.

Does the stemmed glass cost extra?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭tomhalloween

realtec wrote: »
    Apart from ciders and whiskey, are there any celiac friendly beers on offer that do not use barley/wheat?

thanks
    White deer brewery had a gluten free beer if I remember rightly. I think it was called saor.I had a great evening yesterday some really nice beers. Unfortunately I forgot to bring my glass with me when I was leaving😠

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

According to a couple of posts above, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Threads merged.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Havent been to this before and just wondering how willing the stands are to give free testers or do you have to get a half pint to try stuff, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Havent been to this before and just wondering how willing the stands are to give free testers or do you have to get a half pint to try stuff, thanks

Tasters are given

Beersmith wrote: »
    Rye river with crazy great beers tonight. My most hated to favorite brewries in 1 evening.

Here amount of people I turned last night withh their west cost ipa was fun :)

White deer brewery had a gluten free beer if I remember rightly. I think it was called saor.I had a great evening yesterday some really nice beers. Unfortunately I forgot to bring my glass with me when I was leaving😠

Dungarvan also have bottles of their Gluten free Comeragh Challenger

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Haven't missed a year yet. :)

In the event that my name miraculously isn't pulled from the hat/glass does the Beoir membership still get you a discount?

Ola not sure if you got a reply, 50% with a valid membership at the door

Advertisement