Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RDS Craft Beer Festival 2015

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

L1011 wrote: »
    If the terrible queues at some times didn't induce panic buying by some people, there'd be nobody to blame.
    Myself and the missus worked in a team, one would go up buy tokens, use tokens, the next person goes up to get tokens whilst the other goes gets a drink with the last of the previous batch.

It's not terribly hard, and if you think the queues are bad (they sometimes are) can you imagine the queue at the end of the night for people trying to get €2.50/€5 back in unused tokens.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭matrim

Myself and the missus worked in a team, one would go up buy tokens, use tokens, the next person goes up to get tokens whilst the other goes gets a drink with the last of the previous batch.

It's not terribly hard, and if you think the queues are bad (they sometimes are) can you imagine the queue at the end of the night for people trying to get €2.50/€5 back in unused tokens.

My GF and I made a deal that while she queued for the bathroom I queued for the tokens. I was normally finished queueing first

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

is it worth a beer of the festival thread or keep this one going ?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

is it worth a beer of the festival thread or keep this one going ?

Probably best to keep it in this thread because this is the thread that people can search through next year or years after. Makes more sense to keep it all together. But if everyone else thinks it's better to have a separate thread, that's cool too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

for my top 3 i'd lean towards Radicale curious ( ale dry hopped with Gin botanicals) . Or the Coffee randal stout from White hag ? . and Rye River 10.1% american IPA. honorable mention to Boyne dortmunder and Kinsale sour brown

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

We went on the Saturday around 2pm so nicely missed the massive influx after the match.

Is it my imagination or did the price of entry include a couple of tokens last year? Was woefully disappointed with paying €15 to get in, getting no tokens then having to pay fairly regular prices for the produce. I would expect at least one free drink for that price.

I'm not a beer drinker,but himself had a good time. Some really good stuff for him anyway. Unfortunately, as a cider drinker I was somewhat disappointed (though not surprised) that there were only two new ciders this year. Not a fan of Dan Kellys, Fallen Apple, Tobys etc. Did find Doyles range decent, though they each had a weird taste off them. Not quite sure what it was. Wouldn't be mad to go purchase any though.

We left just after the queue for the tokens spiralled, he had tried all the new ones at that point. Except for the Hairy Nuts one from Mountain Goat, which wasn't tapped in all the time we were there.

I couldn't get my wristband off without cutting it, but we thought it'd be nice to give his away to someone in the queue. Would be nice if it was a boardsie :)

Advertisement