Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RDS Craft Beer Festival 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭poitinstill

are they going to release a menu on pdf before the event .. helps to have a plan

• Registered Users Posts: 12,494 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

are they going to release a menu on pdf before the event .. helps to have a plan

NERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

There is a live menu. this can be updated of festival specials on Beoir.org

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

A spirited attempt is being made at an app, but it depends on the brewers supplying accurate information, and in eight years of attending beer festivals in Ireland I have never known that to work. Besides, not everything will be available all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

BeerNut wrote: »
    A spirited attempt is being made at an app, but it depends on the brewers supplying accurate information, and in eight years of attending beer festivals in Ireland I have never known that to work. Besides, not everything will be available all the time.
    I'm willing to lend a hand here if needed. the current day job is making apps, probably too late to be offering though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

I'm willing to lend a hand here if needed. the current day job is making apps, probably too late to be offering though :)

There is someone on it. But the information can be slow to be supplied or sometime changes with out notice

I'm willing to lend a hand here if needed.
    The vans are probably being loaded today and tomorrow so it's just a question of going to each brewery and making a note of what's written on the barrels going in. I doubt there's any other way of getting the information.

oblivious wrote: »
    There is someone on it. But the information can be slow to be supplied or sometime changes with out notice
    :), story of the life of an app developer. Always waiting on info, then when it comes it's already changed :D.

Great to have the list on beoir anyways, I've already got my highlighter out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭matrim

Hopefully the app this year is better than the buggy one they had last year

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

You could just have webcams pointing at each of the stalls/menu boards and that's the menu.

But also part of the excitement for me is when stuff comes available while I'm browsing the floor as a surprise, so exact offering at a given time isn't necessary for me. Maybe a list of all beers the breweries will be offering at some point of the festival to know what to keep an eye for / what to ask about.

• Advertisement

snowblind wrote: »
    You could just have webcams pointing at each of the stalls/menu boards and that's the menu.

But also part of the excitement for me is when stuff comes available while I'm browsing the floor as a surprise, so exact offering at a given time isn't necessary for me. Maybe a list of all beers the breweries will be offering at some point of the festival to know what to keep an eye for / what to ask about.

Even just have the brewers live tweet when the change a cask.

Webcams, jaysus fierce fancy altogether. I think a pdf of what's available (not necessary when it'll be available) is grand enough. part of the joy is heading to each stand, seeing what they have on, having a bit of a chat and mosying on down to the next stand and repeat.

webcams are expensive, potential to fail, will fail and it'll just cause more headaches than a can of warm bulmers.

on the subject of apps/webcams/taplists etc. brewbot do this pretty well with a webapp on a couple of screens behind their bar e.g. http://www.brewbotbelfast.com/

on the subject of apps/webcams/taplists etc. brewbot do this pretty well with a webapp on a couple of screens behind their bar e.g. http://www.brewbotbelfast.com/
    I love the Wildeman app. But obviously, a listing for one bar managed by one person is very different from 50 bars managed by 50 people, for only three days a year.

yup totally agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,494 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

webcams are expensive, potential to fail, will fail

Only the sh1t ones. But they're pricey yeah.

Anyway whats wrong with walking around and talking to people? Do we need twitter and stuff to do this?! :rolleyes:

The Nal wrote: »
    Only the sh1t ones. But they're pricey yeah.

Anyway whats wrong with walking around and talking to people? Do we need twitter and stuff to do this?! :rolleyes:
    all cameras fail, or will at the very best of times get knocked out of line, out of focus and it then becomes someones job to fix and monitor that. too much hassle.

I agree with the walking and talking but for many here (including myself here) I may only get one night at the festival and it's better when I know what and when something is on so that I can cover as much as possible without feeling like I've missed a whole heap.

now if someone wants to grant me a three day pass with the missus (puppies aren't a bribe i've tried that) then I'll happily spend all weekend there :D

it's better when I know what and when something is on so that I can cover as much as possible without feeling like I've missed a whole heap.
    Beer is a lot more enjoyable when you lose your FOMO. Trust me.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

The cameras aren't that expensive really, I just mentioned it as a way of getting a live state of all the beers up, which could be difficult with other methods .But as I said I think that is kinda redundant. You can find out by asking if you are interested in a particular beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I've always gone with the view that I'll miss out on some and be lucky enough to get others. No big deal if I miss out. :)

• Advertisement

that will be a nice addition to the collection, but i'm almost out of the old style one due to butter fingers :pac:.

Me likey!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,063 ✭✭✭GristlyEnd

That is lovely.

The glass looks good, via Jack Cody's:
    https://twitter.com/jackcodys/status/636514280108617729

What size it is 250ml?

Looks lovely and would be great for use afterwards if it was 330ml

could be anything from 250ml to a pint. if you look very closely (near the top of the etched bottle of the logo) you can see the letters NT but backwards so i'm thinking either half pint or pint.

Half pint to the brim, which is an awkward size for domestic use.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,780 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Half pint to the brim, which is an awkward size for domestic use.

I have really come to despise any glass that has its measure to the brim.
    Give me a line, please. I'd like a full measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Am I just remembering incorrectly or is it much more expensive this year? I think when I went on Sat last year it was €10 on the door and that included a glass and 2 drink tokens? This year it is €12 (Advance payment) and no drink tokens?

• Advertisement

According to their website;

"tickets include a free souvenir pint glass. drinks tokens are €2.50 each."

But the glass shown above looks like a half pint glass.

Advertisement