Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flye Fit Georges St

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

tommyhans wrote: »
    Quick one,

Where are the changing rooms? I know that sounds stupid but I'm there this week and I'll be in a hurry and don't want to be annoying anyone!

Thanks

up the narrow stairs you see as soon as you walk through the main entrance

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Is there a secure place inside to lock a bike up in George street?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Is there a secure place inside to lock a bike up in George street?

They used to have racks up on the wall in the Lane between Georges St and the entrance to the gym

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

papu wrote: »
    They used to have racks up on the wall in the Lane between Georges St and the entrance to the gym

I'm not sure why you're saying "used to"...they were there as of six minutes ago.

They're technically accessible from the street but should safe enough. There's only a few of them, though, so you might have trouble getting a spot. That said, I think your bike will be ok on George's St for an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

Zillah wrote: »
    I'm not sure why you're saying "used to"...they were there as of six minutes ago.

They're technically accessible from the street but should safe enough. There's only a few of them, though, so you might have trouble getting a spot. That said, I think your bike will be ok on George's St for an hour.

Ah I should have added I haven't been there in about a year:o

• Advertisement

Didn't it only open like nine months ago?

I think he's a spy, lads. Story doesn't check out at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,565 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Didn't it only open like nine months ago?

They were opening next month in April 2015...

Seems legit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Looking into joining this gym as I don't think I can justify the cost of one escape in Smithfield anymore :(

I presume they'll let me have a look around before joining? Does anyone here have any opinions on it?:D

Looking into joining this gym as I don't think I can justify the cost of one escape in Smithfield anymore :(

I presume they'll let me have a look around before joining? Does anyone here have any opinions on it?:D

Go to their website, buy a day pass for €9 and go when you'd normally be going.

AFAIK, there isn't a front desk for someone to let you in to look around.

You can buzz at the gate and someone will let you in to have a look around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭dave 27

George's st is extremely busy, if overlooking to go during the hours of 5 and 7pm then best of luck with that, I've often turned up only leaving after 10 minutes because of not only everything was taken but there's also people waiting by the wall for something to free up, absolutely ridiculous

dave 27 wrote: »
    I've often turned up only leaving after 10 minutes because of not only everything was taken but there's also people waiting by the wall for something to free up, absolutely ridiculous

I have literally not seen that once.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

I have literally not seen that once.

Yeah I always go there at peak time and it's fine. Yes it's really busy but not to the point described. I always ask to work in on cables/machines and I never have to wait >5 minutes for a rack or bench. There's more than enough racks, a few more benches wouldn't hurt though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 FCCur

Definitely one of the worse gyms for etiquette / efficient use of equipment during busy times though. Don't even bother trying to get near a cable machine for your accessory biz at the end of a workout because fresh lil' heads ARE there doing their entire workout on it.

Most idiotic 'lost & found' system I've ever seen, as well. Toss everything into a room that absolutely anyone and everyone can walk into unsupervised and pillage? Yeah, I'm sure my nice nikes are still there.

Also lads on the bags in the middle of the racks. Get into a proper MMA gym if you want to look so serious at it. Might be a bit better than going into a commerical gym, throwing on terrible communal gloves (no wraps) and doing nothing but full-power bagwork with sloppy technique.

But, she be cheap.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

The new racks really are great though.. they give me an engineering hard on

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

I'm looking to join George's Street, but I see that they close the changing rooms at certain times. Is there anywhere to lock up your stuff outside the changing room opening times?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Redlion wrote: »
    I'm looking to join George's Street, but I see that they close the changing rooms at certain times. Is there anywhere to lock up your stuff outside the changing room opening times?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Yes

That's perfect, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 johnthebaba

there is some serious shapers in Flyefit Georges street, more so than any other flyefit I have been in, what's the story with that, it's a disgrace. There was a kid in there last night with a Man United wifebeater on and he kept going to get water to fix his hair and flexing in the mirror, he was a scrawny guy but obviously has serious notions about himself, how can we get this to stop?

there is some serious shapers in Flyefit Georges street, more so than any other flyefit I have been in, what's the story with that, it's a disgrace. There was a kid in there last night with a Man United wifebeater on and he kept going to get water to fix his hair and flexing in the mirror, he was a scrawny guy but obviously has serious notions about himself, how can we get this to stop?

By not looking at him?

• Advertisement

that makes no sense, he would be doing that whether I was there or not..... you can actually head away there whenever you are ready man

that makes no sense, he would be doing that whether I was there or not

How do you know?

Have you never heard of Schrodingers Double-Bicep?

again makes no sense..... get back in under that rock Alf, you are embarrassing yourself

again makes no sense..... get back in under that rock Alf, you are embarrassing yourself

That makes two of us so.

thanks for your input Alf.... bubye

If a dudebro is flexing in the mirror but no one looks at him is he even flexing at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

If a dudebro is flexing in the mirror but no one looks at him is he even flexing at all?

Sometimes if a dudebro is flexing in the mirror and I'm looking at him, I still can't tell if he's flexing at all as he's just so scrawny. Does that mean he's still flexing?

I don't know what a tracker mortgage is

are ye all gonna head away or whats the story here?!

Advertisement