Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flye Fit Georges St

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

LostArt wrote: »
    No, as in, have they put the wooden flooring into the racks like Macken St?

Not as of last week anyhoo... I'm hoping a platform or two will arrive but who knows.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Zillah wrote: »
    Recent report suggested that this is no safer than the street.
    I doubt that to be honest. The place has CCTV and security, and is closed at night. I've left my (reasonably valuable) racer there maybe 100 times. Obviously there are no guarantees but I'd leave my bike there over locking it on the street every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Another opening up. This would be very nice for me. Anyone have a clue when it will be opening?

http://www.flyefit.ie/locations/view/South_Circular_Road

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭LostArt

Saw on Facebook that it'll probably be June

Feck yiz with yer June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭imonboard

Why are all the gyms on the south side, there really is a market around Clontarf. The gyms around there are ridiculously expensive and packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭caviardreams

imonboard wrote: »
    Why are all the gyms on the south side, there really is a market around Clontarf. The gyms around there are ridiculously expensive and packed.

They have one in Swords and a new one coming to coolock I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

imonboard wrote: »

There's one in swords, and one touted to be on the way to around Clahrehall as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Yep, close to where woodies and mcd's are as far as I know

Turn's out George's St Flyefit isn't really on George's St. The entrance is, and you go down what's essentially a renovated alleyway, into a warren of buildings behind George's St.

It's bleedin massive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

are they still renovating the gym or is everything fixed now?

5star02707 wrote: »
    are they still renovating the gym or is everything fixed now?

It's as fixed up as ye'd like it to be in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭diyeys

Hey all,

Does anybody know how crowded is the gym at 7 - 8 a.m. ?

Thanks in advance

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

diyeys wrote: »
    Hey all,

Does anybody know how crowded is the gym at 7 - 8 a.m. ?

Thanks in advance

You can buy a day pass fo €9 and check for youself. I'd imagine its like most other gyms - nuts.

BUT its only open so maybe its still quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Georges st has an ass load of bars and racks, if you go in the morning you won't be waiting around.

Depends on your program obv but if you do a lot of compounds you won't be waiting. If you do a lot of machine or cable movements you might have to wait but just ask people can you work in and you'll be laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭diyeys

jive wrote: »
    Georges st has an ass load of bars and racks, if you go in the morning you won't be waiting around.

Depends on your program obv but if you do a lot of compounds you won't be waiting. If you do a lot of machine or cable movements you might have to wait but just ask people can you work in and you'll be laughing.

Thanks, yeah mostly squats, bench, OHP and deadlifts. I did not have to wait at Iveagh fitness but I would like to switch to George's st.

Cheers

• Subscribers Posts: 342 ✭✭NicsM

I go around 6:30/6:45am and the racks are never too busy. It starts to really pick up after 7:15 though!

anyone already claimed their free gym bag / headphones after referring a friend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Snowflake101

Really silly question I suppose but, is the gym always busy? Or is there quite times?

Really silly question I suppose but, is the gym always busy? Or is there quite times?

gym is always busy between 6-8pm (normally after office hours)
    i usually finish around 8 or 9pm and by then there's not much people in it.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

It has a lot of space. So even at peak times its not like a sardine tin. You'll always find some space to do something.. If you want a flat bench or lat pulldown though you'll be waiting!

Saw this in FF George's St today.... I have absolutely no idea why it looks like I was bouncing on a trampoline when this pic was taken... I wasn't... at all...

28017967845_e8248721e1_z.jpgFFsign by burgomeister08, on Flickr

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    I have absolutely no idea why it looks like I was bouncing on a trampoline when this pic was taken... I wasn't... at all...

Most gyms are actually really dark. You wouldn't really notice normally, because your brain adapts. It being darker, your phone uses a longer exposure to compensate, so it has to be held very still or it smears.

Photography tangent over, return to protein talk.

I miss the openness of Macken St but George's St is pretty damn good and much more convenient. I wouldn't have thought that the racks looked in need of replacing?

Zillah wrote: »

I miss the openness of Macken St but George's St is pretty damn good and much more convenient. I wouldn't have thought that the racks looked in need of replacing?

They are utterly ****e though. Just really badly designed an unergonomic. Think there was some discussion earlier in this thread about benching in them and them being too high or too low.

If you are more than 5'6" you can't overhead press in them, you can't overhead press outside them either as there are no "carriers" on the outside of the rack, only non adjustable ones inside the rack that are not granular enough. Its also impossible to spot somebody because there's a big bar in the way and said bar also makes it harder to mire oneself while squatting

Other than that they are "grand"

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Saw this in FF George's St today.... I have absolutely no idea why it looks like I was bouncing on a trampoline when this pic was taken... I wasn't... at all...

28017967845_e8248721e1_z.jpgFFsign by burgomeister08, on Flickr

Just to let people know - all the 'new' racks are in now and they're a massive improvement on the original ones...

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

I was thinking about joining thins place in the next few weeks.

It's in a handy enough spot and I'd have to pass it going between the luas and the bus. Would it normally be busy in the evening, say around the 6-9 mark?

I could throw a stone from my office and hit Raw in sandyford, but it wouldn't be my cup of tea

I was thinking about joining thins place in the next few weeks.

It's in a handy enough spot and I'd have to pass it going between the luas and the bus. Would it normally be busy in the evening, say around the 6-9 mark?

I could throw a stone from my office and hit Raw in sandyford, but it wouldn't be my cup of tea

I go during that time and that is the peak time. the gym dies down around 7pm. they opened the South circular road flyefit a month or 2 months ago so there was less people who go to george's street now. Keep in mind classes are mostly full so if you're planning to join one you should book early

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

5star02707 wrote: »
    I go during that time and that is the peak time. the gym dies down around 7pm. they opened the South circular road flyefit a month or 2 months ago so there was less people who go to george's street now. Keep in mind classes are mostly full so if you're planning to join one you should book early

Cheers for that. I'll keep an eye on it.

Had a feeling the classes would be fairly packed, but I wouldn't be doing too many of them and my shifts change too often in work to be able to book them reliably...

Trust me to have an exam when they're doing a free weekend...

New racks are the business. Glad all my moaning paid off :D

No water today though so no shower :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 tommyhans

Quick one,

Where are the changing rooms? I know that sounds stupid but I'm there this week and I'll be in a hurry and don't want to be annoying anyone!

Thanks

Advertisement