Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price Changes 2015/2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

FHFC wrote: »
    It was tested and proven to be max .3 rise with Martial in the week he had massive transfers in. He was way over the accepted threshold on the Friday but didn't go up till next gw.

Aguero wouldn't drop 0.3 anyway this week. Flag increasing the threshold no way he'd hit it three times from here.

what he was asking though was slightly different
    are there only allowed to be 3 price CHANGES
    i.e. went up once so is he only allowed drop twice ( 3 price changes ) or can he drop 3 times ( 4 price changes )
    it's an interesting one

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

km79 wrote: »
    i.e. went up once so is he only allowed drop twice ( 3 price changes ) or can he drop 3 times ( 4 price changes )
    it's an interesting one

Yeah. Got that on second reading. Which is why i added Aguero being very unlikely to drop 3 times now anyway. Flagged he needs something over 30% of his ownership to sell for 1 drop.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I checked Agueros transfers out(round) yesterday morning and he was about -5K, I had another look just now and he is -38K.

33K have shifted him in last 26ish hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

km79 wrote: »
    it's an interesting one
    It is but unfortunately (for that very matter) as FHFC said we won't know about it. The international break GW is not helping here as many are not back into the game until Thursday/Friday next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Didn't Jovetic go up .3 last season after having dropped .1 during the gameweek.

• Advertisement

Didn't Jovetic go up .3 last season after having dropped .1 during the gameweek.

I'll check that out. Have the records somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

His question was whether it's max three price changes (i.e. Aguero went up, so is he now only allowed to go down twice instead of three times). I think he can still drop 0.3 from original price fwiw

Yeh thats what I meant he can drop .3 from the price he can start the week at and not that he can only have 3 price changes.

It was tested and proven to be max .3 rise with Martial in the week he had massive transfers in. He was way over the accepted threshold on the Friday but didn't go up till next gw.

Aguero wouldn't drop 0.3 anyway this week. Flag increasing the threshold no way he'd hit it three times from here.

Technically that only proved that if a .4 rise is possible it takes an amount of transfers that no player has reached so far we'd only know for sure if FPL published the formula which seems unlikely. It does seem unlikely that is the case but it certainly isn't proven its just assumed. The questions wasn't whether .3 change was the max it was whether a player can have more than 3 price changes which surely hasn't cropped up too much in the past with a player going up and down multiple times etc.

EDIT: just seen your follow up post we're all on the same page now!

If you're right that is some impressive memory you have there!
    I'll check that out. Have the records somewhere.

Do you have the net sales date for all transfers? Thats pretty impressive if you can dig out the numbers for that! It seems pretty crazy that of all the players this situation cropped up with Jovetic if that is the case!

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

jimmii wrote: »
    If you're right that is some impressive memory you have there!

Do you have the net sales date for all transfers? Thats pretty impressive if you can dig out the numbers for that! It seems pretty crazy that of all the players this situation cropped up with Jovetic if that is the case!

Yeah I seem to remember he dropped on the first night of the gameweek but he had a great game against Liverpool on the Monday night scoring 2 goals and the masses brought him in driving his price up.

• Advertisement

Yeah I seem to remember he dropped on the first night of the gameweek but he had a great game against Liverpool on the Monday night scoring 2 goals and the masses brought him in driving his price up.

The amount of transfers in from Sunday morning to the end of the week must have been insane! Hopefully FHFC does have the data would be interesting to see how big the swing was.

The amount of transfers in from Sunday morning to the end of the week must have been insane! Hopefully FHFC does have the data would be interesting to see how big the swing was.

I have all the price rises and falls for the first 6 weeks of last sesson. Definitely includes the Jovetic treble rise week. On mobile now. May not get looking at it till Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,578 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Feckin hell lads is Aguero near a drop!?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

F1ngers wrote: »
    I checked Agueros transfers out(round) yesterday morning and he was about -5K, I had another look just now and he is -38K.

33K have shifted him in last 26ish hours.

48K nto.

Joe Gomez edging perilously close to a drop for anyone still unable to prioritise getting rid yet.

May even go tonight.

Think I'm gonna have to suck it up myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Joe Gomez edging perilously close to a drop for anyone still unable to prioritise getting rid yet.

May even go tonight.

Think I'm gonna have to suck it up myself.

That was one bandwagon I got off at the correct time.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭LucidLife

I just took two hits to make four this GW.

Aguero and Evans out for Costa and Aspi.

I know a lot will think it's mad, and it's true all these hits add up but since my GW3 WC I have had green every week despite before this current -12 the five weeks after my WC were -4, -8, -8, -4, -8. So I still think I can get green arrows this GW coming.

I have been considering my bench boost for a while now and have 15 playing 90 mins with the heavy majority at home. The ones that are not have a good fixture or form or both.

My goal is to use this chip then and assuming some normality remains to return I am and will be in good shape.

Incidentally all my minus weeks were a huge success since the WC. We can all feel this is Costa turn so to speak. I urge ye all to switch Aguero with him unless you can afford a drop and not lose T.V. I know it's not everything but anybody who just made .1 on Aguero has a rare opportunity to bank it and buy him back cheaper rather than the usual scenario whereby he will rise. I guess it's preference but I'm not dropping Costa anyway barring injury. I will drop Pelle for Aguero hopefully after a good run and more of the rises before Aguero is properly back.

Anyone in similar situation? I know lots of boardsies had Aguero so there must be a few here thinking of something like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

LucidLife wrote: »
    I just took two hits to make four this GW.

Aguero and Evans out for Costa and Aspi.

I know a lot will think it's mad, and it's true all these hits add up but since my GW3 WC I have had green every week despite before this current -12 the five weeks after my WC were -4, -8, -8, -4, -8. So I still think I can get green arrows this GW coming.

I have been considering my bench boost for a while now and have 15 playing 90 mins with the heavy majority at home. The ones that are not have a good fixture or form or both.

My goal is to use this chip then and assuming some normality remains to return I am and will be in good shape.

Incidentally all my minus weeks were a huge success since the WC. We can all feel this is Costa turn so to speak. I urge ye all to switch Aguero with him unless you can afford a drop and not lose T.V. I know it's not everything but anybody who just made .1 on Aguero has a rare opportunity to bank it and buy him back cheaper rather than the usual scenario whereby he will rise. I guess it's preference but I'm not dropping Costa anyway barring injury. I will drop Pelle for Aguero hopefully after a good run and more of the rises before Aguero is properly back.

Anyone in similar situation? I know lots of boardsies had Aguero so there must be a few here thinking of something like this?

Please save your bench boost for a DGW.
    I'm hoping you meant to say AOA chip.

ElTel wrote: »

What are the benefits of using it a DGW in your mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Youll get double the points for 2 games.

• Advertisement

What are the benefits of using it a DGW in your mind?

The 4,5.6.... guys in your 15 man squad (if you plan it in advance) will have 2 fixtures.
    That chip and the triple captain I will hold for such weeks. We should have at least 2 of them in a season.

I mean surely a prospect with a DGW would be fielded not on bench. And you won't have 15 guys playing a DGW, you could but you won't.

Because what if the two DGW teams didn't include Man City and say Arsenal, would you triple up on Sunderland rather than play Sanchez/Bellerin?

Likewise say triple up on Villa for their DGW and be forced to drop Aguero and Kolorov.

And not to mention you would require a DGW for 6 clubs which you would have to field 15/15 from those 6 games vs the rest of us who have those 6 plus interests in 6 or 7 more games perhaps.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Youll get double the points for 2 games.

You misread the post you replied to

The 4,5.6.... guys in your 15 man squad (if you plan it in advance) will have 2 fixtures.
    That chip and the triple captain I will hold for such weeks. We should have at least 2 of them in a season.

If you field 15 players with a DGW and beat my score the same week I will be shocked but I have been before ha ha

I mean surely a prospect with a DGW would be fielded not on bench. And you won't have 15 guys playing a DGW, you could but you won't.

Because what if the two DGW teams didn't include Man City and say Arsenal, would you triple up on Sunderland rather than play Sanchez/Bellerin?

Likewise say triple up on Villa for their DGW and be forced to drop Aguero and Kolorov.

And not to mention you would require a DGW for 6 clubs which you would have to field 15/15 from those 6 games vs the rest of us who have those 6 plus interests in 6 or 7 more games perhaps.

All I'm saying is you will have guys who will get counted for 2 matches in a single GW. I don't think you get how it could work for you.
    Just say in a particular DGW Arsenal have an extra game i.e there are at least 11 matches in that GW you could TC sanchez say.
    Say in another DGW there are 3 extra games meaning 6 teams play twice you could use your bench boost and it doesn't matter if you list them as subs or not because your entire 15 count.
    I am probably missing your point but imo it is a mistake to use those two chips in a normal GW unless it means collecting money prises for monthly/quarterly leagues

Using bench boost for a DGW means you don't have to bench decent players that have one good fixture which you often end up doing during a mid sized or large DGW. We have the LC final in GW27 then the FA Cup pops up for GW30 & 35 throw in a bit of bad weather and there is the potential for some decent DGWs next year where the bench boost could be very valuable.

All I'm saying is you will have guys who will get counted for 2 matches in a single GW. I don't think you get how it could work for you.
    Just say in a particular DGW Arsenal have an extra game i.e there are at least 11 matches in that GW you could TC sanchez say.
    Say in another DGW there are 3 extra games meaning 6 teams play twice you could use your bench boost and it doesn't matter if you list them as subs or not because your entire 15 count.
    I am probably missing your point but imo it is a mistake to use those two chips in a normal GW unless it means collecting money prises for monthly/quarterly leagues

I think the point is basically that during a DGW your bench is about as good value as it is during any other week so it doesn't matter if you use it during a DGW or not. Its kind of true as normally we all have benches that we would normally expect to score <10 points (assuming we even have a playing bench!) imo the benefit in keeping it for a DGW is that sometimes you end up being in a position where you bench a decent player with a decent fixture who you would never bench in a normal week but do so as it allows you to play a poorish player who plays twice.

I think the point is basically that during a DGW your bench is about as good value as it is during any other week so it doesn't matter if you use it during a DGW or not. Its kind of true as normally we all have benches that we would normally expect to score <10 points (assuming we even have a playing bench!) imo the benefit in keeping it for a DGW is that sometimes you end up being in a position where you bench a decent player with a decent fixture who you would never bench in a normal week but do so as it allows you to play a poorish player who plays twice.

Fair point my man and apologies for my pedantic post.
    I have played this game mostly from a position of catch up for all the years and planning 2 or 3 GWs before a DGW is my usual style.
    But these new chips have us all re-evaluating and changing styles.

Yeah but I would argue if you let a situation like a good player going to be sitting on your bench surprise you like that, well then that's just ones bad planning.

The only players that end up on your team are ones you chose. You put them there. They didn't just end up there.

We can only wait and see but like I say I will be shocked if ye find that strategy advantageous, admittedly at first that two was my plan but a GW with 15 solid players has be yield better on average when all is said and done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

I think it may be worth using your bench boost outside of a double GW because of a few things. Sometimes we have one or two players that don't start anymore or are injured/suspended. These guys tend to fill up half your bench. You could potentially be waiting for that DGW only to have one or two extra players on the bench. Then there's the case where all fifteen players have good fixtures for the upcoming GW which usually occurs after wildcarding. There's also what Lucid said above. I don't really fancy gambling on waiting for that one week where nothing is certain. I'll still most likely save my chip for a DGW, but I can see an argument against it.

As for Triple Captain, definitely a DGW imo! Way too risky relying on 90 minutes of play for so many points.

Advertisement