Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price Changes 2015/2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

ElTel wrote: »
    Fair point my man and apologies for my pedantic post.
    I have played this game mostly from a position of catch up for all the years and planning 2 or 3 GWs before a DGW is my usual style.
    But these new chips have us all re-evaluating and changing styles.

Yeh its hard to know what is best! Its only going to be at the end of the season we know which was the best option one of the annoying things about this game!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I think it may be worth using your bench boost outside of a double GW because of a few things. Sometimes we have one or two players that don't start anymore or are injured/suspended. These guys tend to fill up half your bench. You could potentially be waiting for that DGW only to have one or two extra players on the bench. Then there's the case where all fifteen players have good fixtures for the upcoming GW which usually occurs after wildcarding. There's also what Lucid said above. I don't really fancy gambling on waiting for that one week where nothing is certain. I'll still most likely save my chip for a DGW, but I can see an argument against it.

As for Triple Captain, definitely a DGW imo! Way too risky relying on 90 minutes of play for so many points.

If you can plan for a monster DGW boost and use your WC to re-balance afterwards it could be seriously tasty.

LucidLife wrote: »
    Yeah but I would argue if you let a situation like a good player going to be sitting on your bench surprise you like that, well then that's just ones bad planning.

The only players that end up on your team are ones you chose. You put them there. They didn't just end up there.

We can only wait and see but like I say I will be shocked if ye find that strategy advantageous, admittedly at first that two was my plan but a GW with 15 solid players has be yield better on average when all is said and done.

Its not always within your control though there are just times you end up in that position. I think in the long term its likely to be quite marginal it just depends on what happens with the fixtures and whether we get any freak weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Yeah but I would argue if you let a situation like a good player going to be sitting on your bench surprise you like that, well then that's just ones bad planning.

The only players that end up on your team are ones you chose. You put them there. They didn't just end up there.

We can only wait and see but like I say I will be shocked if ye find that strategy advantageous, admittedly at first that two was my plan but a GW with 15 solid players has be yield better on average when all is said and done.

If you use it in a normal week, the players in your squad effectively play 16 games. If some big hitters have a Dgw, and we end up with a monster Dgw like gw34 last year, and you plan with a wildcard, using the bench boost could mean your squad has 32 games in a single gw. A ceiling that high could be very useful if your chasing leagues towards the end of the season, and I'd be fairly sure that would outscore using it during a normal week.

ElTel wrote: »
    If you can plan for a monster DGW boost and use your WC to re-balance afterwards it could be seriously tasty.

That would be the ideal scenario. If you could create a situation where you have 2FTs going into the DGW and can engineer a large DGW squad then using your WC to fix the mess you just created that could work. It would depend on the fixtures of the DGW though which is obviously an important variable some seasons those juicy DGWs where it would work just don't crop up I am planning on holding too so hopefully this isn't one of those years!

• Advertisement

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    If you use it in a normal week, the players in your squad effectively play 16 games. If some big hitters have a Dgw, and we end up with a monster Dgw like gw34 last year, and you plan with a wildcard, using the bench boost could mean your squad has 32 games in a single gw. A ceiling that high could be very useful if your chasing leagues towards the end of the season, and I'd be fairly sure that would outscore using it during a normal week.

It all just comes down to the fixtures at the end of the day. We're not going to know what was best until its too late! Can you imagine a 32 game squad wow that would be a fun week (until you score 50 points and wonder wtf just happened!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

jimmii wrote: »
    It all just comes down to the fixtures at the end of the day. We're not going to know what was best until its too late! Can you imagine a 32 game squad wow that would be a fun week (until you score 50 points and wonder wtf just happened!!)

Absolutely down to fixtures, theoretically there could be no dgw's at all this season, but I think it's definitely best to wait and see

Absolutely down to fixtures, theoretically there could be no dgw's at all this season, but I think it's definitely best to wait and see

Yuck that would be so dirty! Imagine its all Championship teams in the LC Final and FA Cup Quarters the bookies would clear up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

Down:
    Redmond, Nathan
    Tettey, Alexander

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭LucidLife

jimmii wrote: »

Yup, I had a full DGW team last season. It won me my league last season. But that was different, we knew early and never had chips. Ultimately previous seasons are not really like this season so we are all on a blank slate regarding chips this season.

Maybe someone can open a thread about chips and we can talk there rather than wreck this thread. I think it merits discussion, and discussion amongst some folk here often is accurate as history has proven.

The WC option is something to consider though and if you managed that then it really could pay off but too long away to attach such potentially precious moves. I mean I feel you would have to suffer during the period between, and I think personally you would suffer quite a bit and at least may have been able avoid it if you weren't holding your WC.

The WC is something boardsies normally get right. Even if everyone WC's different GW's more often we share good results. I know there might be massive potential, but there may be very little too ultimately, and while the massive potential is sometimes worth an affordable risk, this idea assumes you either know in advance and bring in these DGW guys or last minute buy 10 new players. It's going to cost you 40 points to bring in this squad for a full DGW no matter when you get them.

If you had 3 players from one squad in a normal GW, as in any previous to the DGW then you would be nervous right? Anyone ever played a few GW's with 3 players from two squads? That's more than half of your playing eleven any given GW. You best believe you generally start all 3 if you buy them. What I am getting at is it either causes suffering and point hits slowly or a big -40ish and your WC.

Again, start a thread. We should get opinions. I know too that everyone is in their own unique situation but there are generalities we find here and have exploited before. These chips could be the downfall for many if used incorrectly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

You only get 4 extra players by playing it in a dgw. I'm assuming you manage to get your full squad of 15 with dgws.
    If I play it in a sgw I get 15 players and then in a dgw I have my 11 players playing twice so that's 22. All in I have 37 players.
    Let's say you play it in a dgw. The sgw you get 11 players and then in the dgw you get 15 players playing twice so that's 30. All in you have 41 players.
    I agree with lucidlife a thread on the chips would be useful as Im not sure things are as straightforward as we assume.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

guys back on topic please.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Blast, redmond dropped. Missed out on pocketing my gains on him.

Up:
    Petr Cech

Down:
    Joe Gomez

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Yup, I had a full DGW team last season. It won me my league last season. But that was different, we knew early and never had chips. Ultimately previous seasons are not really like this season so we are all on a blank slate regarding chips this season.

Maybe someone can open a thread about chips and we can talk there rather than wreck this thread. I think it merits discussion, and discussion amongst some folk here often is accurate as history has proven.

The WC option is something to consider though and if you managed that then it really could pay off but too long away to attach such potentially precious moves. I mean I feel you would have to suffer during the period between, and I think personally you would suffer quite a bit and at least may have been able avoid it if you weren't holding your WC.

The WC is something boardsies normally get right. Even if everyone WC's different GW's more often we share good results. I know there might be massive potential, but there may be very little too ultimately, and while the massive potential is sometimes worth an affordable risk, this idea assumes you either know in advance and bring in these DGW guys or last minute buy 10 new players. It's going to cost you 40 points to bring in this squad for a full DGW no matter when you get them.

If you had 3 players from one squad in a normal GW, as in any previous to the DGW then you would be nervous right? Anyone ever played a few GW's with 3 players from two squads? That's more than half of your playing eleven any given GW. You best believe you generally start all 3 if you buy them. What I am getting at is it either causes suffering and point hits slowly or a big -40ish and your WC.

Again, start a thread. We should get opinions. I know too that everyone is in their own unique situation but there are generalities we find here and have exploited before. These chips could be the downfall for many if used incorrectly?

Think I'm getting you now and the chip thread is def. one I'll follow admittedly a week late.
    Can we call "the stress assoc. with a DGW before and after" the Lucidity Factor in honour of the discussion's originator?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Didn't Jovetic go up .3 last season after having dropped .1 during the gameweek.

Give that man a biscuit.....

365271.jpg

24th August was the Sunday night, 27th, 28th, 29th were Wed, Thurs and Friday.

If we ever have an FSA Pub Quiz I want Scorpion on my team that is ridiculous recall!

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Well there you go, knew some player had managed it and Jovetic sprung to mind.

Well there you go, knew some player had managed it and Jovetic sprung to mind.

Of all the players its bizarre it was him who did it! I would have thought the most likely scenario for a 4 change week was a heavy hitter going up .3 and then getting injured and dropping .1 surprisingly its someone pretty random like him and that it was a drop then rises.

FHFC wrote: »
    Give that man a biscuit.....

365271.jpg

24th August was the Sunday night, 27th, 28th, 29th were Wed, Thurs and Friday.

It would have been interesting if the rises had happened earlier in the week to see if he would have got a 4th rise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,106 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Remember the 3 rises but didn't think he dropped just before. It always helps remember when you had the player!

Think he was the only fully fit City striker at the time...doubts over Aguero.

He blanked after the 0.3 too :) They lost to Stoke. I seem to recall a certain Mr. P was quite annoyed having put him in for GW1 but transferred him out for the Liverpool brace, back in for the Stoke blank iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

PARlance wrote: »
    Remember the 3 rises but didn't think he dropped just before. It always helps remember when you had the player!

Think he was the only fully fit City striker at the time...doubts over Aguero.

He blanked after the 0.3 too :) They lost to Stoke. I seem to recall a certain Mr. P was quite annoyed having put him in for GW1 but transferred him out for the Liverpool brace, back in for the Stoke blank iirc.

A few of us wildcarded because of jovetic and took out injury doubt Costa who then scored 5 in his next 2 games. We also got balotelli in. That was an early price chasing wildcarded that went terribly wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

A few of us wildcarded because of jovetic and took out injury doubt Costa who then scored 5 in his next 2 games. We also got balotelli in. That was an early price chasing wildcarded that went terribly wrong.

yes indeed
    I also captained jovetic I think before selling him
    and then captained balotelli after selling Costa
    dark dark days

That was actually a good week for me,
    I got jovetic's 2 goals and sold him for Aguero
    (either sold Jov early at 8.0 before he dropped or banked .1 when eventually rose)
    to have
    Costa, Aguero and that flavour of the month Naismith up front for a few rises.

Simpler times, when players actually scored goals for me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Sorry to give out lads but this thread was easier looked at without all the chatter!......don't want to be seen as backseat modding by the way.

'twas nice when all we saw was who had gone up and down or who was likely to go up or down.

Down:
    McNair, Patrick

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Tonight could see Pelle up and Aguero down. Might be best to pull the trigger this evening if you are thinking about this move.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Wombatman wrote: »
    Tonight could see Pelle up and Aguero down. Might be best to pull the trigger this evening if you are thinking about this move.

Aguero won't go down tonight, only at -67%. A lot of people's selling price also won't be affected by one drop

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Wombatman wrote: »

Have been pretty set on Pelle since I heard of the Aguero news. So might just pull the trigger on that one. Team value is relatively low so would be nice make the move before a rise.

• Advertisement

Up:
    Graziano Pelle
    Down:
    Leon Osman
    Charles N'Zogbia

Advertisement