Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 2 Captain

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭MikeCork2009

On The Q.T wrote: »
    Keep your triple for the DGW

I did not think of that. Thought that this was a good shout for a good captain score so might as well play it now but I did not think of the DGW. Thank you :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 On The Q.T

I did not think of that. Thought that this was a good shout for a good captain score so might as well play it now but I did not think of the DGW. Thank you :)

I was gonna play it too but the penny dropped that I could use it twice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Liam2012

On The Q.T wrote: »
    I was gonna play it too but the penny dropped that I could use it twice :)

Where did you get this idea from? There's only one triple captain chip.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 On The Q.T

Liam2012 wrote: »
    Where did you get this idea from? There's only one triple captain chip.

I'll rephrase - twice in a gameweek :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

PARlance wrote: »
    Benteke. 100%.
    Loves his MNF.
    Loves playing in Anfield against Bournemouth. Absolutely loves it. Hasn't had a blank against them in the last 20-30 years.

Not since Albert Ponsenby-Smythe made the big switch from Wanderers to Accrington Stanley back in the day has there been a player with more to prove on his home debut, it could be carnage. I just hope the only ball doesn't burst on this occasion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

I don't have Benteke. I don't know what he's going to do. If you are looking for me to conform this week, I can tell you I don't have the money or inclination to waste a transfer or 2. But what I do have are very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a somewhat long career. Skills that make me a dream for people like you. If you let Aguero achieve at least parity, that'll be the end of it. I will not pursue you like Yaya or Ramsey. But if you don't, I will start a vendetta, I will set up a brigade and I will not sign you!

I'm currently thinking of going Aguero (c) and Pelle (vc) as I don't have the aforementioned Benteke or Kane and not really wantong to captain Rooney this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,650 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Pelle.

(Ever see that episode of Badiel & Skinners Fantasy Football show where they sang that song 'Pelle was ****", catchy tune - can't stop singing it every time I see Pelle's name)

https://youtu.be/e4fzeK3SQa4

Pelle form - good
    Southampton form - good
    Everton defence - not so good
    Everton early season form - typically bad.

Computer says Pelle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Tempted by a risk on Sakho, put head saying Pelle

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

So it is between Rooney and Benteke.

Rooney on FFS (FantasyFootballScout)
    Benteke here on FSA

The only reason I don't want to go Benteke is he joined Liverpool recently and we don't really know what is going to happen on Monday night. He wasn't spectacular last time, and he might not be this week.

Rooney was poor last week, but he was involved and close to all the action.
    He might be poor man's choice, but I am going Rooney anyway.

Let's be done with it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭Paddy Dreadful

Would Payet or Mane be cheaky captain pocks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Finally decided. Going with Mane. Would have gone Benteke if I had him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Benimar wrote: »
    Finally decided. Going with Mane. Would have gone Benteke if I had him.

He should be a decent differential pick this week I would have thought definitely one we know can explode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Would Payet or Mane be cheaky captain pocks

I've given Payet the vice captaincy just for the craic.

wonski wrote: »
    So it is between Rooney and Benteke.

Rooney on FFS (FantasyFootballScout)
    Benteke here on FSA

The only reason I don't want to go Benteke is he joined Liverpool recently and we don't really know what is going to happen on Monday night. He wasn't spectacular last time, and he might not be this week.

Rooney was poor last week, but he was involved and close to all the action.
    He might be poor man's choice, but I am going Rooney anyway.

Let's be done with it.

I just switched it back to Benteke.

Don't ask why, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Either Aguero or Rooney I think. I have Skrtel in mind for some reason too, as Liv should not concede & he is always a possible goalscorer. Horrible having to make these final decisions on a Friday just after work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

11870759_10152927028571386_6007298649663198569_n.jpg?oh=398b6ec870f8f211ecc0d567bb964429&oe=567824A5

Benteke not even on the bench in the scout picks this week. So much for our runaway poll leader :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

Scout picks don't usually double up in their attackers. And they have Coutinho. Which i'd say is only due to him scoring last week.

I'm torn between Benteke and Rooney. Really don't like captaining a player in the first game. If they do nothing it ruins the weekend fearing other players. I see Mane mentioned a lot this afternoon. Don't think i could pull the trigger on him though.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

HurriKane

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

benteke
    Monday night football will hopefully be fun !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Went with Benteke in the end.
    Mane was tempting but I guess his ownership is low enough that just having him is enough of a differential.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I "minusfoured" Benteke for captaincy...

Was all going to give it to Kane but Spurs lost twice to Stoke last year. Stoke could be a tough nut to crack... They generally don't concede much. Ah well I need to stop searching for excuses now. What's done is done, let's trust my judgement ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

I went with Benteke. At least if Rooney does nothing tonight (I also have Depay), then it kills my interest in the entire weekend.

At least when the first three days go horribly as expected, there's always hope that Benteke can save the day on Monday......... until he inevitably does nothing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

MNF Tekkers. Bring it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

went with Kane.. easily a game they could lose 1-0.. if there;s one team you cannot rely on its Spurs

went with Kane.. easily a game they could lose 1-0.. if there;s one team you cannot rely on its Spurs

Why would you captain him?

You either believe in a team / player or move on and leave it on Rooney or Benteke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

wonski wrote: »
    Why would you captain him?

You either believe in a team / player or move on and leave it on Rooney or Benteke.

He's capable of doing the business this weekend. Im just making the point that with Spurs you never know what you're going to get. If he doesn't return this weekend then Benteke will come in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I went with Depay in the end, so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Rojiblancos

Rooney was awful! Utd have an easy run of fixtures but he hasn't even looked like scoring or even getting involved in anything at all.

Rooney was awful! Utd have an easy run of fixtures but he hasn't even looked like scoring or even getting involved in anything at all.

Agreed, looks like he is going down this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

Went with Pelle this wkd as captain. Had Rooney last weekend and was debating between him and benteke but pulled the trigger on Pelle at around 6 today.

Will be jettisoning one of Rooney/Depay this week, the only good thing in that Utd team atm is the Def.

I think i will be leaving my UTD bias at the door for the next couple of weeks as i move those two out and possibly bring someone like Darmian or Smalling at some stage.

Advertisement