Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 1 Matchday Thread - Mod note post 1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

24 points.
    Bad start but a low scoring week so not much ground lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

Gomez on bench and only 27pts:'

28 now!!!kol bonua

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

spock. wrote: »
    24 points.
    Bad start but a low scoring week so not much ground lost.

Absolutely, very little lost, a little disappointed because a lot of players I had in various draft teams scored well but I was very happy with the team I picked.

The person who will win this year probably made less than 40 this week:)
    My 32 is just fine, thank God for Rooney and Defoe

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

30 points. In years gone by I would be picking my WC. Which mightn't be a bad idea... :)

Just Theo for the chop, team value looks like it'll be important this year so can't stand by and watch him drop. Even though I think he'll play at the weekend. Think I've a day to mull it over.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

bps up
    yaya 3
    kompany 2
    kolorav 1
    no goal added for silva. yaya with 16 pts highest scoring mid. Didnt someone have mahrez at 250/1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

When are points from your subs added to your score?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

36pts. by no means a disaster. roll on gw2

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

bps up
    yaya 3
    kompany 2
    kolorav 1
    no goal added for silva. yaya with 16 pts highest scoring mid. Didnt someone have mahrez at 250/1

Yeah. They were up for half odds if he tied with Albrighton. Betting is a bigger mugs game thsn this fpl lark. :)

ScummyMan wrote: »
    When are points from your subs added to your score?

When the scores update tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

45 points thanks to Yaya. Hopefully he keeps the goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,140 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'd be píssed if I had Silva.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Happy with 47 considering I only decided to enter on Friday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

45. Disappointed with yesterday and tonight, 6 points from 4 players after a great Saturday. Overall, ecstatic.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

SlickRic wrote: »
    I'd be píssed if I had Silva.

It will be interest to see how they treat any other deflections going forward,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Paully D wrote:
    Disappointing but in no way disastrous. This gameweek was so hit and miss really. Look at someone like Ville Ronka, despite never winning it he's easily the best player of the game in the last 6 or 7 years, he scored 29 points this week with only 1 of his players scoring 6 or more points (Azpilicueta). He has finished 277th, 90th, 4,668th, 1,631st, 362nd, 569th and 4,266th in his 7 years playing. This is his team, which if posted on here before 12:45pm on Saturday wouldn't have been given much criticism:

Where did he post that?

A guy in the Moolah league some of us are in played bench boost with 2 non playing subs.

One was Mickey Turner, but still. 61 points and will probably top the table for the first and last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

FHFC wrote: »
    A guy in the Moolah league some of us are in played bench boost with 2 non playing subs.

One was Mickey Turner, but still. 61 points and will probably top the table for the first and last time.

Mr P. is in the moolah league! :eek:

On a more serious note, i don't understand why fools like that even enter ultra competitive cash leagues. It's money pissed down the drain for them. Jammy git had Yaya and hart on the bench too!

zarquon wrote: »
    Mr P. is in the moolah league! :eek:

On a more serious note, i don't understand why fools like that even enter ultra competitive cash leagues. It's money pissed down the drain for them. Jammy git had Yaya and hart on the bench too!

Yeah. Although in fairness you'd hope that in playing that chip he at least had the cop on note to spend ages on tean selection! :) As for your first question, i take it you're not complaining! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

34 points. Not bothered at at all, the race is long. I'm still happy enough with my team despite the misfires this GW. The one player I'm most concerned about is Sterling, I think his inclusion may have been a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

would of won or at least drawn my H2H if Sterling the ****ebag could of scored that one in one in the first half :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

42 points. Happy with my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

34 points - not quite enough to avoid the millionaires club, but like others around that score have said it's certainly not a disaster for the week that's in it. Paully's post really puts things into perspective; the guy top of one of my money leagues scored a whopping 71, but if he posted his draft here on Friday it would have (rightly) been torn apart.

I don't know if I can say I'm happy with my team - early days, but there were worrying signs concerning one or two of my players - but certainly nothing that a couple of transfers over the next couple of GWs won't solve (hopefully!).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Anyone get an email back from the powers that be re the Silva goal

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Griever931

27 points, not the best of starts but I am not that bothered and wont be making any panic transfers yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Anyone get an email back from the powers that be re the Silva goal

Yeah, they said that Opta have determined that Yaya scored it so it won't be changed. I haven't seen the goal yet but it sounds like the Dubious Goals panel may eventually give it to Silva. Oh well, those 8 points would have been nice but I'm still happy with 42

• Registered Users Posts: 14,411 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Paully D wrote: »
    27 all in.

For those unhappy with their gameweek - have belief in your research and hold fire on making any rash decisions for the next 2 GW's at least IMO.

This time last year Villa were keeping a clean sheet at Stoke, Austin was missing a penalty against Hull who themselves kept a clean sheet on the road, Dier had scored the winner at West Ham, while Lee Cattermole had smacked one in against West Brom.

The top 5 scorers in every position this week are: GK's - Adrian, Romero, Guzan, Hart, Mignolet. DEF's - Kompany, Gomez, Smalling, Delaney, Amavi. MID's - Mahrez, Albrighton, Yaya, Cabaye, Ayew. FOR - Kone, Cisse, Zarate, Igahlo, Gomis. There's just no way any serious player will have too many of those players in their teams.

It's a long, long 37 GW's ahead.

Nice post. I'd say many needed this too. wp

• Registered Users Posts: 36,140 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

30 points.

McCarthy in so I've 11 for GW2. with the help of some advice in here (especially Paully), I'm going to be patient for another week.

I'm going to hold fire on Walcott, while also trusting Rooney will out score Aguero over the next 2 GWs.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

51 points - think i have a solid team.
    rooney cabaye silva clyne redmond and clyne putting in shifts this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

bicboy6666 wrote: »
    51 points - think i have a solid team.
    rooney cabaye silva clyne redmond and clyne putting in shifts this week.

Clyne put in two shifts for you?? Flukey :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭Invincible

Finished on 39 for the week, Azpi,Shaw & Silva with 6pts each, poor returns from Czech & Hazard ©. Rooney lucky with his assist!

Advertisement