Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 1 Matchday Thread - Mod note post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭basillarkin

The bps system a joke. Silva the best player on the pitch by a mile

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Thank you Myhill for denying Aguero & Kolarov in the last min of this game.

Now, OPTA, be sensible and award Silva his goal. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

KevIRL wrote: »
    FT

9 points, possibly 10, from Sterling and Kolorov. For the week that is in it, that'll do.

The bps system a joke. Silva the best player on the pitch by a mile

I understand the feeling but don't agree. The current BP system is stats driven. Yaya with currently 2 goals plus the defenders with their CS (and goal for Kompany) deserve their BP. If Silva is awarded his goal he could actually get the 3 BPs. It'll just be bad luck if he doesn't...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Just in, so I should be complaining about this Silva goal? I love me a good #JusticeFor so will fire off a quick email. Happy with the 6 pointer in any case and blank for Sterling and Aguero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭basillarkin

iroced wrote: »
    I understand the feeling but don't agree. The current BP system is stats driven. Yaya with currently 2 goals plus the defenders with their CS deserve their BP. If Silva is awarded his goal he could actually get the 3 BPs. It'll just be bad luck if he doesn't...

He deserves the goal or at worst the assist the ball doesn't hit off him he moves his foot to help yay a shot on its way. It clearly deviates how can the lads at opt a not see this

• Registered Users Posts: 39,541 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

43 over and out, ordinarily that would be a v poor first week not even hitting 50 but will settle for it given the way this weekend has gone. Roll on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

47pts goodnight & god bless!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

37 FPL 50 UFPL. Maybe next week we'll have the fireworks!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,180 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Just in, so I should be complaining about this Silva goal? I love me a good #JusticeFor so will fire off a quick email. Happy with the 6 pointer in any case and blank for Sterling and Aguero

You should be complaining. It should be a Silva goal. Not convinced it'll change though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Sorry Lads, over excitement with my Captain coming off the bench!

Fair enough. Do not do it again as I will be handing out bans for similar incidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

34 from 6 on Saturday with Walcott, Bellerin, Mane, Benteke & Sterling to play had me fairly happy.

Finishing on 42 for the week is a kick in the teeth, especially when finally capitulating and getting Hazard over Fabregas saw me remove Toure, Kompany& Gomez from my final selection :(

Ahh, maybe I might have got rid of them anyway. Week 1 of fantasy fcukball finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,118 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

47pts goodnight & god bless!

Dontgoooooooooooooooo

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Well played kolorav my highest points scorer of the week. 26 for the week.
    Fair play to those with silva one of the few players in the game that didn't make it in to any of my 200 drafts over pre season. Now to devise a way of getting both silva and aguero for gw 4.

He deserves the goal or at worst the assist the ball doesn't hit off him he moves his foot to help yay a shot on its way. It clearly deviates how can the lads at opt a not see this
    I haven't seen it but if you're right he surely deserves it and be sure if he got it awarded he'll get at least 2 BPs!

Should finish on 46, which I'm happy with,but a rival had yaya captain and scored a cool sixty before bonus.

SlickRic wrote: »
    You should be complaining. It should be a Silva goal. Not convinced it'll change though.

I just did. Got an error message the first time. Every single Silva owner doing the same :P?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Would take a 0-0 between City and Chelsea now just to keep prices down. Want to have at least one of Silva or Aguero for the Everton game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

A magnificent 27 points for the week. An assist for Rooney (c) and Hendos CS point were the only non-appearance points I got.

Worst ever start needless to say, so frustrating after all the thought put into it.

The only 2 captain choices I have for next week are Rooney and Aguero, neither of which I fancy for the armband.

Need to log off as Rooney to Benteke (+ upgraded defence in GW3) is flirting with me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Just checking my son's (8 y/o) team here and he has 4 Liverpool players selected, all having scored points this weekend - Skrtel, Clyne, Coutinho and Benteke. He picked Benteke when he was still a Villa player. He's gone and selected his team for GW2 and all 4 players are starting yet there is no alert telling him he has 4 players from the one team selected.

Can anyone explain this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,118 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

madds wrote: »
    Just checking my son's (8 y/o) team here and he has 4 Liverpool players selected, all having scored points this weekend - Skrtel, Clyne, Coutinho and Benteke. He picked Benteke when he was still a Villa player. He's gone and selected his team for GW2 and all 4 players are starting yet there is no alert telling him he has 4 players from the one team selected.

Can anyone explain this?

Not 100% but I think will remain like that until another transfer is attempted at which stage you're forced to get one of them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Can anyone explain this?

Yes. You only get that alert when you transfer out players not when you pick your team. he wont be able to make a transfer till he transfers out one of those liverpool players.

PARlance wrote: »
    Not 100% but I think will remain like that until another transfer is attempted at which stage you're forced to get one of them out.
    This is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

27 all in.

Disappointing but in no way disastrous. This gameweek was so hit and miss really. Look at someone like Ville Ronka, despite never winning it he's easily the best player of the game in the last 6 or 7 years, he scored 29 points this week with only 1 of his players scoring 6 or more points (Azpilicueta). He has finished 277th, 90th, 4,668th, 1,631st, 362nd, 569th and 4,266th in his 7 years playing. This is his team, which if posted on here before 12:45pm on Saturday wouldn't have been given much criticism:

854b8198a386c0dc1f641b552b42a9bc.png

For those unhappy with their gameweek - have belief in your research and hold fire on making any rash decisions for the next 2 GW's at least IMO.

This time last year Villa were keeping a clean sheet at Stoke, Austin was missing a penalty against Hull who themselves kept a clean sheet on the road, Dier had scored the winner at West Ham, while Lee Cattermole had smacked one in against West Brom.

The top 5 scorers in every position this week are: GK's - Adrian, Romero, Guzan, Hart, Mignolet. DEF's - Kompany, Gomez, Smalling, Delaney, Amavi. MID's - Mahrez, Albrighton, Yaya, Cabaye, Ayew. FOR - Kone, Cisse, Zarate, Igahlo, Gomis. There's just no way any serious player will have too many of those players in their teams.

It's a long, long 37 GW's ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Can anyone explain this?

he got a nice score this week and not a bad 4 players to have for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Spurion

The team of the guy who won last year:

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/entry/2117/event-history/1/

Makes me feel slightly better about my 35 pts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭madds

Thanks lads. The little ****e had Mahrez on the bench too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Thanks lads. The little ****e had Mahrez on the bench too!

If you know his password you could make a few tactical subs for him. You know. To help.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

37. Very decent. Careless sub order costing 12 more has to hurt a bit. Other than that 3 of my 11 not starting wasn't really an issue.

Best thing about the week is i have more players i want than ones i don't. Already own a couple of the main bandwagons and only Walcott in danger of drops. Mirallas has to go but not urgent. Silva has to come in soon.

Solid score. Happy with team. I'll take that considering the weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth from many.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,184 ✭✭✭✭km79

no players tonight
    sterling was the main danger so happy

Advertisement