Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 1 Matchday Thread - Mod note post 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Clyne put in two shifts for you?? Flukey :pac:

Well if you like them you give them an extra shift.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,328 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Invincible wrote: »
    Czech & Hazard ©

Is this a brand of beer or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

22 points, and pulled the trigger on a -8 for next week.

The only positive is that I've gotten all my difficult decisions out of the way early and I've built my team around Aguero - others will struggle to get him in over the next few weeks.

Unfortunately it's going to be another slow start for me this season, but I'm now confident in my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Ended up with 42. 2nd in my cash league, behind someone with 49.

Have a lot of changes I want to make, but will keep them in mind over next few weeks. Have to remind myself how its more a marathon than a sprint.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

35. Robbed of a Silva goal, meaning -10 for my Captain! #justiceforsilva

Not all bad though, feel Rooney should've had a goal had he not forgot which leg was which. Unsure on Cesc and Benteke after watching them, but will hold on to Cesc at least for some time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,081 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Silva owners have been royally screwed. Very unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭Invincible

8-10 wrote: »
    Is this a brand of beer or something?

Must have been the auto correct :-)

28 points. Load of meh.

No panic yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Anyone get an email back from the powers that be re the Silva goal
    I only asked about Yaya first goal and Silva potential (*) deflection. Here's their answer. You/we may agree or not but I think it's great they come back to you/us that way. Quick enough and "transparently" clear.

(*) I still haven't seen it.
    Hi,

Please find below an answer to your query relating the awarding of points in this current GW, GW1.

1. OPTA, who provide us with all our stats, have decided that Rooney did assist the Kyle Walker own goal from Saturday's game, and he has now been given the assist points.

2. Courtois was correctly deducted a point for conceding two goals in Chelsea's match against Swansea. As per the rules, if a player receives a red card, they will continue to be penalised for goals conceded by their team.

3. OPTA have also decided that Yaya Toure, not David Silva, scored Manchester City's first goal against West Brom, and so he's been awarded points for scoring twice in the game in question.

Please note that, for the avoidance of doubt, points awarded in-game are subject to change up until one hour after the final whistle of the last match of any given day. Once the points have all been updated on that day, no further adjustments to points will be made.

Yours,
    Fantasy Premier League Support

---
    Yeah, they said that Opta have determined that Yaya scored it so it won't be changed. I haven't seen the goal yet but it sounds like the Dubious Goals panel may eventually give it to Silva. Oh well, those 8 points would have been nice but I'm still happy with 42
    Same than you with 53 :cool:. It's annoying to be at the wrong end of things but I guess and hope we'll be at the good one some other time in the season. The incoming -1 from Coates subbing in for Bellerin almost annoys me more :P...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Yup, I got the same -1. Probably helps that it's GW1, if I had been denied 8 points from GW30 on I'd be going mental over the injustice :pac:.
    Still haven't watched it, it sounds like one of those where Silva claims he touched it yet it didn't really deflect noticeably

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Ended with 28 points. Pretty poor return but I don't believe my squad is as bad as those points reflect.
    Doubts over Sterlings worth so I may move him on.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,858 ✭✭✭✭CSF

As much as I thought Silva did touch the shot, I've yet to see conclusive proof

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Yup, I got the same -1. Probably helps that it's GW1, if I had been denied 8 points from GW30 on I'd be going mental over the injustice :pac:.
    Still haven't watched it, it sounds like one of those where Silva claims he touched it yet it didn't really deflect noticeably

I watched the match last night and the few replays of that goal. From the angles I could see I thought the defenders touch definitely had a large influence on it. Did anyone else think that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Yeah those actually 9 pts (if you include the -1) would be tougher to swallow in the run-in or if I had a bad GW and/or they'd have lost me my H2H game :p...
    I can only assume Yaya's shot was on target and thus, despite any deflection (huge or not) he's been rightly (*) awarded the goal. In the end it's his fault, couldn't he just shoot wide :rolleyes: :pac:...

(*) These are the game rules and we all know it, unfortunately for us this GW...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

28 points. Simply for recording in the annals of time that's a rank of 2 million.

No need to panic, the only rankle being Gomez as 3rd sub. Although Yaya scoring 2 goals, and getting an element of luck in being awarded the first is a concerning omen for myself :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

33 points. One off the GW average. On the plus side, all 15 players started so I have no immediate need to make transfers. Will bank this week so should mean getting Aguero in next week or the week after without a hit should not be a problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I got 22 points. Disappointed but not panicking.
    I am happy with the core of my team – they will come good.
    Courtois, Cedric, Mertasaker, Lovren, Hazard, Depay, Walcott, Aguero, Vardy (newly transferred in) and Kane.

Walcott and Kane are on slightly shakey ground.
    My rotation players are not too bad….Mc Carthy, Francis, Behrami, Wanyama…at a combined €17.5 I am not expecting too many points from them.

But S Taylor was a bad gamble…however wont be wasting transfers getting rid of him yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

Finished on 29 points, leaving me ranked around 1.9 million. Highest scorer was Mignolet with 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Menas wrote: »
    I got 22 points. Disappointed but not panicking.
    I am happy with the core of my team – they will come good.
    Courtois, Cedric, Mertasaker, Lovren, Hazard, Depay, Walcott, Aguero, Vardy (newly transferred in) and Kane.

Walcott and Kane are on slightly shakey ground.
    My rotation players are not too bad….Mc Carthy, Francis, Behrami, Wanyama…at a combined €17.5 I am not expecting too many points from them.

But S Taylor was a bad gamble…however wont be wasting transfers getting rid of him yet.

I would have been careful of transferring Vardy in. I would have thought he's at risk of a ban:

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/leicester-city-to-investigate-claims-of-jamie-vardy-s-racism-1.2311655

Lemlin wrote: »
    I would have been careful of transferring Vardy in. I would have thought he's at risk of a ban:

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/leicester-city-to-investigate-claims-of-jamie-vardy-s-racism-1.2311655

In all fairness, I expected it was for something he said during a game, bit over the top for something that allegedly happened elsewhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

38 points.

First 2 wins in h2h and I hope next week will be more interesting.

In all fairness, I expected it was for something he said during a game, bit over the top for something that allegedly happened elsewhere!

My opinion would match yours but players have got bans for posting images etc. on Twitter in the past.

This was more serious than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Oh but it does deflect noticeably. Thus is an outright injustice to Silva owners and also lads that play in weekly leagues

My opinion would match yours but players have got bans for posting images etc. on Twitter in the past.

This was more serious than that.

I suppose they have clauses in their contracts about their conduct and bringing the club into disrepute.
    Seems harsh for a slip of the tongue due to someone looking at his cards though.

I suppose they have clauses in their contracts about their conduct and bringing the club into disrepute.
    Seems harsh for a slip of the tongue due to someone looking at his cards though.

I haven't watched the video but allegedly he used the term a lot more than once to the individual.
    According to The Sun on Sunday, Vardy points and says: "Jap. Yo Jap. Walk on. Walk on... oi, walk on. Yeah you.... Jap. Walk on."

• Registered Users Posts: 18 moose522

36 points this week, GW2 lineup as follows:

Cech
    koscielny Stones Ivanovic

Henderson Ozil Cabaye Chadili

Rooney (c) benteke berahino

Subs: Mangala, cresswell, Ritche

Any moves ye think i should do?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

moose522 wrote: »
    36 points this week, GW2 lineup as follows:

Cech
    koscielny Stones Ivanovic

Henderson Ozil Cabaye Chadili

Rooney (c) benteke berahino

Subs: Mangala, cresswell, Ritche

Any moves ye think i should do?

I think I would be starting Cresswell, probably a case made that he should be your first defender in but definitely should make your back 3 imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I haven't watched the video but allegedly he used the term a lot more than once to the individual.

Maybe i'm uneducated in historical issues, but i wouldn't have known that there was anything wrong with saying the word "Jap", i would see it being the same as saying "Aussie" :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Seems a lot of people are panic using the wildcards. I imagine prices will be all over the place sooner rather than later. Bargains to be had in the end of the transfer window for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Finished with 27. Not happy but a pretty shocking week for everyone.

Team for this GW is Ruddy, PvA, Bellerin (Muniesa if he's ruled out) Huth, Depay, Walcott, Sterling, Hazard, Deeney, Rooney, Benteke (c).

Will probably bank my transfer, unless anyone sees areas of improvement?

Advertisement