Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 1 Matchday Thread - Mod note post 1

Options
1545556575860»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Seems a lot of people are panic using the wildcards. I imagine prices will be all over the place sooner rather than later. Bargains to be had in the end of the transfer window for sure.

I'm not sure this was 100% confirmed given that the system is more opaque than before, but as far as I know wildcard transfers don't contribute to value fluctuations.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I finally got to see it. Since Yaya shot looked very much on target I guess the question was did Silva intentionally deflect it into the net or did it just bounce against him?

I'm convinced and Merlin said it to the ref proposition 1 is the real one but unfortunately OPTA thought otherwise and FPL followed them. I can understand their thinking but... 8 fecking pts FFS :pac: !!

The Premier League's goal accreditation panel has now awarded it to Silva according to the BBC. No idea if it'll mean any changes now after it has been confirmed this long.

Edit: I see they sent a follow up tweet saying it does not affect points already awarded in FPL.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

We've been had, opta had a yaya owner working that game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Gooners

How do you know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Shabaz50

Anyone know if bellerin will start?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

That decision could be vital for some come the end of the season. For those in pay leagues with silva and a rival with yaya it's close to a totally unfair 15 pt swing.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Shabaz50 wrote: »
    Anyone know if bellerin will start?

He's fit to play so I reckon he will get the nod ahead of Debuchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

Haven't looked through it but here's Opta's league. From previous years memory I don't think anyone's done too well there. There's no way anyone would influence decisions to favour their own FPL team, the real life stakes are too high.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/200574/standings/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

tom_k wrote: »
    Haven't looked through it but here's Opta's league. From previous years memory I don't think anyone's done too well there. There's no way anyone would influence decisions to favour their own FPL team, the real life stakes are too high.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/my-leagues/200574/standings/

Fair play for digging out their league but I have a sneaking suspicion they weren't serious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭tom_k

jimmii wrote: »
    Fair play for digging out their league but I have a sneaking suspicion they weren't serious.

I agree. There was very little digging, a lad in one of my private leagues works for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I benefited from the Cork 5 point assist last season that was later changed to an OG with no assist so it's swings and roundabouts. I don't really know why FPL can't change it if it's determined before the next GW starts. To be fair to Opta, most websites were saying Yaya goal as well. Let's just hope I don't lose any leagues by 8 points or less

Advertisement