Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 1 Matchday Thread - Mod note post 1

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Hererra on for Memphis.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Glad i didnt have Depay, did fook all.

Will be taking Rooney out asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

dembele off lamela on

schweinsteiger booked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I think Juan Mata may be the best way into the UNited attack again this year. Or possibly Young for cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Made two changes to my defence during the week.

O'Shea to Coates :D

Francis to Mings :(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

bps projections, anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Kyle Walker is a terrible footballer, his ball skills are non existant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I had Mephis as captain!! :(

Is Mings injured? What's the point in paying that much for a full back to not play him, if not?

• Advertisement

Already thinking of flogging Kane, looks like he has 2nd season syndrome

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

I don't think anyone will be walking in memphis if they had captained him today!

Dempsey wrote: »

The whole Spurs team is tired from their idiotic midweek tournament. He looked good early on when Spurs looked fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

SantryRed wrote: »
    Is Mings injured? What's the point in paying that much for a full back to not play him, if not?

I presume he'll come in sooner rather than later.

In hindsight it was clear that Howe was talking about players needing to get used to Bournemouth's system, and I guess he feels he owes the players that got them there the first week anyway. I have Mings over Francis :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Bolaise not starting, Dang it

dier booked

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I see Brady is definitely starting for Norwich. Haven't got him in my team but I'll certainly be on him if he gets off to a good start. He could be a real danger man throughout the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Dempsey wrote: »

That's a bit premature surely? He's gotten no service, Spurs don't look up to it at all, their travel schedule leading up to the game was really poorly thought out I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

United look really good in general possession play, but a bit blunt up front. First (and only so far, I think) shot on target was after 70 minutes. A bit worried about having two attackers now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭Invincible

If Young keeps his starting place, he's not bad value!

• Advertisement

alli on dier off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

The old FPL rule of never relying on a player in the Saturday lunchtime game to do anything seems to be in play again this season. Glad I captained Hazzard.

I presume he'll come in sooner rather than later.

In hindsight it was clear that Howe was talking about players needing to get used to Bournemouth's system, and I guess he feels he owes the players that got them there the first week anyway. I have Mings over Francis :o

I really think Bournemouth are gonna crash and burn this year. Derby-esque proportions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

whats Bournemouth line up?

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I see Brady is definitely starting for Norwich. Haven't got him in my team but I'll certainly be on him if he gets off to a good start. He could be a real danger man throughout the season.

Not from left back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

United look really good in general possession play, but a bit blunt up front. First (and only so far, I think) shot on target was after 70 minutes. A bit worried about having two attackers now.

I think they'll be good for a defender though, they're shape looks much more solid with Carrick and Schneiderlin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Points awarded for Rooney goal, will they change it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Jerome AND Redmond on the bench for Norwich is a big surprise. Grabban(4.5m) starts up top

SantryRed wrote: »
    The whole Spurs team is tired from their idiotic midweek tournament. He looked good early on when Spurs looked fresh.
    That's a bit premature surely? He's gotten no service, Spurs don't look up to it at all, their travel schedule leading up to the game was really poorly thought out I think.

True, very true but if Benteke or anyone hammers in a few goals, I'll be tempted to jump ship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

The old FPL rule of never relying on a player in the Saturday lunchtime game to do anything seems to be in play again this season. Glad I captained Hazzard.

I'm happy enough with Rooney captain. Winning goal bps to be added too

Advertisement