Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

*********Motors Chat - Round 9 *********

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭CIP4

Interview now this morning they are always very daunting I suppose the main thing is to try and stay reasonably calm. It's not exactly the end of the world if I don't get it but it would be a nice one to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

The last place you should be is on here :)

Get your mind set, good luck!

YbFocus wrote: »
    The last lave you should be is on here :)

Get your mind set, good luck!

I know trying to take my mind of it at this stage. Thanks I'll let you know how I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

That's a lot of money for something that can't legally be sold as chocolate in Switzerland.
    Lidl has good stuff. I'd even go do far as to say its better than most of the brown crap sold as chocolate here. Except Lind of course.

This insult will not stand. Cadbury's Dairy Milk is the food of kings. There's only one way to sort this out Herr Professor-Doktor, crank up your Oberursel - I'll see you at 12,000 feet. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Schokolade soll nicht so teuer sein!! Das ist eine großes Schade! Wir könnten nicht Fett wirden wenn es so teuer ist!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭BeatBoxing Blowfish

Schokolade soll nicht so teuer sein!! Das ist eine großes Schade! Wir könnten nicht Fett wirden wenn es so teuer ist!!

Du sollst "werden" statt "wirden" schreiben!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Is this about the German style reg plates again? :pac:

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    Is this about the German style reg plates again? :pac:

He's ranting about chocolate!

"Chocolate should not be so expensive. That's a great shame. We cannot be fat when it is so expensive!"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I wanted to say "we can't get fat" rather than be.

Ah ya, but Mayo reg's are the best! 

You'll be mistaken for a culchie when your in da citii bruv.

Suits me down the ground - I rarely havea clue what's going on in Dublin; blindly following a satnav and swearing about not knowing which lane I'm supposed to be in. :o

I suppose I can just roll the window down now and every few minutes shake my fist out the window shouting 'up Mayo' and people will just think nothing of my poorly coordinated driving. :)

• Advertisement

I wanted to say "we can't get fat" rather than be.

Achtung! Es ist verboten bein ein Fattenbastardten!! :D

Suits me down the ground - I rarely havea clue what's going on in Dublin; blindly following a satnav and swearing about not knowing which lane I'm supposed to be in. :o

Dublin I can handle - I lived there for a couple of years back in the day. Granted in those times I drove a YZF750SP, and only that. But I was in Dublin city-centre a few months back trying to find the entrance to the car-park there near Smithfield and I was a full half-hour at that much. Yes, there was a certain amount of swearing evident. :D

Have a look at this - it would make you wonder somewhat about the whole notion of overfilling! :pac:

http://www.jagrepair.com/images/TSB/TSB2/S-Type/303Engine/S303-04Am New Design Dipstick.pdf

jimgoose wrote: »
    Achtung! Es ist verboten bein ein Fattenbastardten!! :D

Fick dich, es ist mein Recht, einen Fattbastard zu sein!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,625 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

This insult will not stand. Cadbury's Dairy Milk is the food of kings. There's only one way to sort this out Herr Professor-Doktor, crank up your Oberursel - I'll see you at 12,000 feet. :D

Please don't make me run, I am full of chocolate!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Quick question which is better 1.1 saxo or 1.0 Lupo? TRying to keep engine size down for insurance reasons, so looking at 1.1 or 1.0.

job seeker wrote: »
    Quick question which is better 1.1 saxo or 1.0 Lupo? TRying to keep engine size down for insurance reasons, so looking at 1.1 or 1.0.

A one-litre Volkswagen is about as much fun as a toaster and will die after 70,000 miles if you do much in the way of highway driving. A Saxo is a Citroen and will drive you to drink, drugs and divorce as it mugs you at knife-point while shouting "Allez les Bleus!!", but it's at least a quirky, fun little thing. Neither of them have any power. I hope that much helps! :D

CIP4 wrote: »
    Interview now this morning they are always very daunting I suppose the main thing is to try and stay reasonably calm. It's not exactly the end of the world if I don't get it but it would be a nice one to get.

Interview went reasonably well a bit juddery for the first minute but after that was fine it last 35 minutes so that reasonably normal I think. We will have to wait and see. I think I nailed all the technical engineering questions so it's just the hr ones that may catch me.

A one-litre Volkswagen is about as much fun as a toaster and will die after 70,000 miles if you do much in the way of highway driving. A Saxo is a Citroen and will drive you to drink, drugs and divorce as it mugs you at knife-point while shouting "Allez les Bleus!!", but it's at least a quirky, fun little thing. Neither of them have any power. I hope that much helps! :D

Achtung,!! Das Völker auto ist nicht zum spassemachen für die dummkopf! Die Getriebeverhakelingsregelung ist superobenspitzenqualitätetn und made from hundert Prozent eisenhartem kruppstahl von der Industriegewerkschaft Metall.
    Das auto ist ein Panzerwangen und unzerstörbar.
    I learnt all my German from jimgoose.

Christ lads will ye stop the German, the place is wrote off with it!

• Advertisement

Hast du nicht eine BMW? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Hast du nicht eine BMW? :P

Look, I have a Mazda and a Nissan. I don't go around posting in Japanese. :p

CianRyan wrote: »

私はあなたのために満足しています。

私はあなたのために満足しています。

Very good :D

French any better? Le automobile de la fromage et escargot c'est un Peugeot!

CianRyan wrote: »

Well I've got a Jaaag. Observe:

Hellew, we'ah the British. Now kindly fcuk off - we own the place now, and we'ah having Tiffin. Theah's a good chep. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

I don't kurwa go around and kurwa post in Polish kurwa.

French any better? Le automobile de la fromage et escargot c'est un Peugeot!

I hate driving herself's Citroen. Every time I encounter a Garda on traffic duty it thinks it's a Vichy trooper and stalls, the cheese-eating surrender-monkey. :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Was driving in Dublin city centre earlier when a cyclist came barrelling towards me going the wrong way up the street
    Nearly had a heart attack

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Got my renewal for the 525 today, €1256 for fully comp with Aviva, down from around €1400, delighted :D

Take that rising insurance premiums! :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement