Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parkside Homes New Development (Balgriffin)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭PedroDublin

What are the new prices in belltree? I thought they only had the showroom left, which they increased 20k to 340k, but I haven't seen any new phased advertised

• Registered Users Posts: 6,302 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I think they've been trying to sell that showroom for months now so I wouldn't expect them to go much beyond the price of that house.

Yep, I wonder how come they cannot sell it. If not for the garden orientation I would have bought it myself, and from that row it would have been my first pick.

Yep, I wonder how come they cannot sell it. If not for the garden orientation I would have bought it myself, and from that row it would have been my first pick.
    Price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭GoodBridge

which showhouse is for sale?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭delux

What are the new prices in belltree? I thought they only had the showroom left, which they increased 20k to 340k, but I haven't seen any new phased advertised
    Yeah the new ones are for 340k but the first ones were selling for less than 300k as far as I know? You can see the prices on the property price register. They're both on the same road facing the park.

GoodBridge wrote: »
    which showhouse is for sale?
    When I checked on June, the only house they have left from Phase one was the 3 storey showroom in Park Avenue, and I think it was selling at 310-320. From the SF page looks like that one is still the only house left but at 340.

Unless they are selling a new phase starting at 340, but that would be quite a hike considering the previous one started at 270 I think. 25% increase in a year

Show houses are normally more expensive and given it's the last one they can probably afford for it to take months to sell. When they need to shift ~80 new homes though it will be different story.

When I checked on June, the only house they have left from Phase one was the 3 storey showroom in Park Avenue, and I think it was selling at 310-320. From the SF page looks like that one is still the only house left but at 340.

Unless they are selling a new phase starting at 340, but that would be quite a hike considering the previous one started at 270 I think. 25% increase in a year

So that's one of the 4 bed type A houses? We paid 340 for ours. I think 340 for a showhouse is a good price considering it has all the flooring done, built in shelving units in the kitchen and sitting room, garden landscaped (trees etc), plus other little fixtures and fittings that all add up that I'd assume they'd leave (towel rail, bathroom mirrors etc).

It looks like the 4 beds are 375k now: http://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/parkside-balgriffin-dublin-13/3153072

I think it's a three storey 3 bed actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭mckildare

I think it's a three storey 3 bed actually.

I think there is a mix up here in the last few posts between Parkside and Belltree :confused:

Can a mod maybe move the posts related to Belltree elsewhere or people might get confused, like me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭gabria

The sales guy told me next phase will be start in 2017 - date not specified though.

I'll get this thread back on track.
    This Phase II of Parkside is intriguing. Is this new Phase being built closer to the former horror show that was Priory Hall ? Therefore further south ?

gabria wrote: »
    I'll get this thread back on track.
    This Phase II of Parkside is intriguing. Is this new Phase being built closer to the former horror show that was Priory Hall ? Therefore further south ?

Next phases go east and west, I think the one closer to the park will be the next one, south there will be two schools.

What's the story with priory hall?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 schinkowski

Hi,
    I know there's no management company and no management fee but is the council already looking after the common areas, etc?
    The agent wasn't really clear about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Salmoran18

Hey we'RE hoping to buy in parkside in next 2 months. Just wondering about creche facilities in the area? And following on from soundproofing compared to other houses?
    What's the traffic like in the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Bradyl23

Hi,

We are also hoping to buy soon and wondering about soundproofing especially for the terraced homes?

I'm in a terraced type A one. We've young kids and a baby on either side of us and we very rarely, barely here them so the soundproofing is very good. There aren't even sockets on the walls that separate homes to help noise down (the sockets are in the floors close to the wall).

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Salmoran18

I'm in a terraced type A one. We've young kids and a baby on either side of us and we very rarely, barely here them so the soundproofing is very good. There aren't even sockets on the walls that separate homes to help noise down (the sockets are in the floors close to the wall).

Great thanks for that. Were u able to get creche or school placings? Everywhere I've contacted so far in the area is full! Especially for ecce

• Registered Users Posts: 1 LowryOnline

Just put down the deposit for a terraced B type house - really impressed with the build and there are not many left in the initial development at this stage.

I am delighted to hear about the road opening up to Clongriffin for the dart as although it is not too far away the shorter the walk the better (especially in the rain!)

First time buyers so it's all new to us - great to get some information from you guys in relation to snag list and getting setup - thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 battoritow

Is there any news about the new road opening?

• Advertisement

battoritow wrote: »
    Is there any news about the new road opening?

A couple of days ago I was told it will be in three months

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭vmb

Thats great... But I'm not 100% sure which road is going to be opened.

Is it the road that finishes in clongriffin dart station?

I think that the main problem regarding roads/traffic is that it is only possible to drive towards city centre through Malahide road

Nope, sorry, I was talking about a pederestian access from the south of parkside to the hole on the wall, very handy to walk to the station.
    The other one I guess mid next year whenever they are ready to open the new schools, but I think that is really optimistic

• Registered Users Posts: 44 silverfield

We were looking at a 3 bedroomed house here with the option of converting the attic. I mentioned this to the sales lady and she didn't want to know which I couldn't understand? I told her I wanted to pay the builder to do the conversion and could I have his number. She would not give it to me which I found very strange? I did look up in to the attic of the showhouse and it's not 'conversion' ready i.e diagonal beams and lots of pipework from the new circulation heating system are in the way. There are though no water pipes up there seemingly which would make it easier. The 4 and 3 bedroom homes are the same in size pretty much except for the addition of the 3rd floor. I'm thinking of buying a 3 bed for 312,500 and adding another 20k for the conversion bringing the total to 332,500. To me this makes the most sense rather than buying a 4 bed for 385,000. My question is: has any one looked in to this and why do you think the sales lady was so unhelpful when I asked questions about this. I simply wanted to tallk to the builder and ask him how much etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Mrs K

We were looking at a 3 bedroomed house here with the option of converting the attic. I mentioned this to the sales lady and she didn't want to know which I couldn't understand? I told her I wanted to pay the builder to do the conversion and could I have his number. She would not give it to me which I found very strange? I did look up in to the attic of the showhouse and it's not 'conversion' ready i.e diagonal beams and lots of pipework from the new circulation heating system are in the way. There are though no water pipes up there seemingly which would make it easier. The 4 and 3 bedroom homes are the same in size pretty much except for the addition of the 3rd floor. I'm thinking of buying a 3 bed for 312,500 and adding another 20k for the conversion bringing the total to 332,500. To me this makes the most sense rather than buying a 4 bed for 385,000. My question is: has any one looked in to this and why do you think the sales lady was so unhelpful when I asked questions about this. I simply wanted to tallk to the builder and ask him how much etc.

The Sales Advisors are just selling the houses. I doubt if the builder would accommodate your request. They will not look for a change of planning permission for individual houses too much effort. Builder is already building 4 bed houses at an additional 70k. why would he do an attic conversion for 20k? As far as I know they have no problem selling 4 beds.

Also the type a 4 bed houses are three storey much higher than the type b 3 bed 2 storey houses.
    You would not achieve the same type of house without a serious amount of money.

I looked at houses in Donabate which were attic conversion ready- no beams crossing attic. The builder is selling agent, he said you could convert the attic for 12-14k but he wouldnt do it as he had to build house as per planning permission.
    what the owner did after purchase was up to them

• Registered Users Posts: 44 silverfield

Mrs K wrote: »
    The Sales Advisors are just selling the houses. I doubt if the builder would accommodate your request. They will not look for a change of planning permission for individual houses too much effort. Builder is already building 4 bed houses at an additional 70k. why would he do an attic conversion for 20k? As far as I know they have no problem selling 4 beds.

Also the type a 4 bed houses are three storey much higher than the type b 3 bed 2 storey houses.
    You would not achieve the same type of house without a serious amount of money.

I looked at houses in Donabate which were attic conversion ready- no beams crossing attic. The builder is selling agent, he said you could convert the attic for 12-14k but he wouldnt do it as he had to build house as per planning permission.
    what the owner did after purchase was up to them

Well to do the attic conversion you don't need planning permission as long as the front of the house is not touched e.g you can convert attic and put duplex windows in the rear without any issues. Whilst the conversion of a 3 bed to a 4 bed would not result in a house as big as the original 4 beds I still feel it makes more financial sense to go down this route. Let's be honest the '4th' bedroom on the 3rd floor of the 4 bedroomed houses isn't really a bedroom at all - more like extra storage. A builder friend of mine had a look at the 3 beds and he said we could convert the attic with ensuite for about 20k for a good finish. Again this makes most sense as I believe 400k plus for the next phased release of the 4 bedroomed homes reeks of 2007 to me! I can't help but feel greed is starting to slip in again. It does not make much sense to me that a 4 bed duplex in Belmayne which is only 500m down the road can be currently purchased for under 300k. Parkside will eventually share a main road with belmayne - the price discrepancy has me concerned as belmayne will ultimately be your neighbour - will parkside become another belmayne or clongriffin where the resale value of homes in 5 yrs time will be significantly less than their current purchase price? I guess that's the gamble - buying a 3 bed and converting will hopefully offer some protection against this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I'm just looking at Parkside here on Daft. 1 word, wow.

The houses are so nice, a convinent location for traveling to the city, and good value for money. How are people finding life there?

...Let's be honest the '4th' bedroom on the 3rd floor of the 4 bedroomed houses isn't really a bedroom at all - more like extra storage...

Interesting post and you may well be right that converting the attic makes more financial sense. That said, just a small point about what you said above: I think the room you are talking about is storage ( I think most people use as an office or storage) and there are 4 bedrooms apart from that:

KDkBrwhl.png

You can't convert the attic in the type a houses but you can get about 150 sq ft of it floored with light and pull down ladder for about 500euro which is still handy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭GDK_11

im currently considering putting down a deposit on one of these houses. We have had a look multiple times and been very impressed with the estate.
    Hopefully someone in the estate will be able to answer a couple of questions for me

How have people found the area in general? I currently don't live a million miles away so I'm assuming it's a nice enough place to live, would like people's opinions though
    Did anyone bother with a surveyor? We spoke to a couple and told us that there was no point on a new build. We should get certificates for structural guarantees, pyrite free, gas safe etc.
    Finally (and know we have not had that bad rain this year. Yet) did anyone have any issues with insurance for flooding. I can't find anything online that suggests it's a high risk area.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

• Advertisement

GDK_11 wrote: »
    im currently considering putting down a deposit on one of these houses. We have had a look multiple times and been very impressed with the estate.
    Hopefully someone in the estate will be able to answer a couple of questions for me

How have people found the area in general? I currently don't live a million miles away so I'm assuming it's a nice enough place to live, would like people's opinions though
    Did anyone bother with a surveyor? We spoke to a couple and told us that there was no point on a new build. We should get certificates for structural guarantees, pyrite free, gas safe etc.
    Finally (and know we have not had that bad rain this year. Yet) did anyone have any issues with insurance for flooding. I can't find anything online that suggests it's a high risk area.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Area is nice and quiet, bit too quiet now but I think it will improve in a couple of years once the development is finished. Dart is handy to get to town and m50 for anything else
    No need for a surveyor, 90% of the people here didn't use one. You have a home Bond for ten years
    No flood area. If you buy one of the ones in the main road you may have to mention that there's a stream thete, but otherwise insurance is fine

Advertisement