Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom baskets

Options
1235»

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,908 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I think condoms in the baskets could come off as a bit trashy TBH. I could see elderly relatives potentially being scandalised, and if you've got kids at a wedding....well kids are curious "Mammy look! they've got these big balloons in the bathroom! They're all greasy though..... but they taste like strawberry!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Spread the love

Toots wrote: »
    I think condoms in the baskets could come off as a bit trashy TBH. I could see elderly relatives potentially being scandalised, and if you've got kids at a wedding....well kids are curious "Mammy look! they've got these big balloons in the bathroom! They're all greasy though..... but they taste like strawberry!"

I agree! I would imagine there would be a mass exodus back to hotel rooms straight after the music stopped if you were giving out free condoms :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭Arbiter of Good Taste

I'm afraid I would find condoms in the baskets to be a bit trashy to be honest.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I honestly think my list from the op is adequate for ladies.

Like things like blotting paper - who actually uses this anyway????? And if you do you will have brought your own...

1. Deodorant - I'd suggest 3 bottles of spray on. I think it'd be cute to put your own stickers on them to make it your own "wedding brand". For example, change Sure to become Sure I do! Or Dove to become Love. OMG I just came up with that sticker idea as I typed and I think it's a winner!
    2. Body spray (for the same reasons as the deodorant). You could put two types - the spray on Impulse type, plus the pump (Victoria Secret) type of body spray. I'd say 3 bottles also.
    3. Plasters/Bandaids
    4. Sewing kit, plus safety pins
    5. Hair clips/bobby pins/straight slides type
    6. Hair bobbins
    7. Hair spray - one big can of Silvikrin should do it.
    8. I would add a comb/hairbrush to this list

Then for men, after some considering I think:
    1. Deodorant
    or
    2. body spray
    3. Comb
    And that's it I think????

Definitely no condoms in either the ladies or mens baskets! :)

Advertisement