Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Efitz2019

My wife's 151 Leaf has dropped its first bar yesterday at 53,000km. I assume this is normal given it's now 5 years old? It's only used as a city car and always charged off the house. I've read doing a couple of fast charges can sometimes bring it back to 12 bars. Any truth to this?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Perhaps, but it will soon lose the bar again.
    Have you had your software updated, this will certainly improve the battery percentage rating.
    But remember this is pure optics, range of car is what it is and there will be zero improvement regardless of rapid charges/bars etc

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Zenith74

deepsilent wrote: »
    Hi guys im selling this leaf acenta 2015, if anyone is interested let me know.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf-acenta-24kw-2015/25158734
    Thanks!

Just FYI I sold my 2014 just before the lockdown. I had it on DoneDeal and Carzone for months with only a single call. Put it on adverts.ie and had 2-3 people out to look that weekend, was gone the next week. Could have just been timing, but I suspect the buyers for EVs might be a bit more techy and they tend to be around adverts.ie more. Just a thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,758 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Zenith74 wrote: »
    Just FYI I sold my 2014 just before the lockdown. I had it on DoneDeal and Carzone for months with only a single call. Put it on adverts.ie and had 2-3 people out to look that weekend, was gone the next week. Could have just been timing, but I suspect the buyers for EVs might be a bit more techy and they tend to be around adverts.ie more. Just a thought!

There would be a big crossover of users between boards and adverts, probably helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭jasonb

Efitz2019 wrote: »
    My wife's 151 Leaf has dropped its first bar yesterday at 53,000km. I assume this is normal given it's now 5 years old? It's only used as a city car and always charged off the house. I've read doing a couple of fast charges can sometimes bring it back to 12 bars. Any truth to this?

Yeah, my own 151 lost its first bar about a week ago, approx. 105,000km on it. Feels weird seeing that bar missing all the time now!

Regarding getting software upgraded, I presume the garage can do this? Do they just do it, or do you have to ask? Any idea what the latest version is, and can I check to see what version I have?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,072 ✭✭✭✭KCross

slave1 wrote: »
    Have you had your software updated, this will certainly improve the battery percentage rating.

What update is there for the L24?

Are you confusing it with the L30 update because it had a BMS issue which affected the bars?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭DM1983

jasonb wrote: »
    Yeah, my own 151 lost its first bar about a week ago, approx. 105,000km on it. Feels weird seeing that bar missing all the time now!

Regarding getting software upgraded, I presume the garage can do this? Do they just do it, or do you have to ask? Any idea what the latest version is, and can I check to see what version I have?

As far as I know that software update is only for the 30kwh Leaf. There were some 152 but not many. Mostly 161 onwards.

KCross wrote: »
    What update is there for the L24?

Are you confusing it with the L30 update because it had a BMS issue which affected the bars?

Yeah, I was, brainfart

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭deepsilent

Zenith74 wrote: »

I'll give that a try.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭randombar

Hi Lads,

Have a 161 Leaf, heading to Bantry next weekend (about 80km) and looking for a fast charger below.

I know I used to know this but it looks like they have a 22kwh charger below, that means I can charge to 100% in an hour technically ya?

I remember it slowed down for the last 10% all right.

Thanks,
    Gary

• Advertisement

GaryCocs wrote: »
    Hi Lads,

Have a 161 Leaf, heading to Bantry next weekend (about 80km) and looking for a fast charger below.

I know I used to know this but it looks like they have a 22kwh charger below, that means I can charge to 100% in an hour technically ya?

I remember it slowed down for the last 10% all right.

Thanks,
    Gary

If its a 22kW charger its an AC charge point so you will be limited to a 6.6kW charge rate so more like 3-4hrs to charge assuming you have a 6.6kW Leaf... you might actually have a 3.3kW Leaf in which case it will take 8hrs!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭randombar

If its a 22kW charger its an AC charge point so you will be limited to a 6.6kW charge rate so more like 3-4hrs to charge assuming you have a 6.6kW Leaf... you might actually have a 3.3kW Leaf in which case it will take 8hrs!

Ya all coming back now. Balls!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭obi604

Have a 2014 Nissan Leaf.

One thing that drives me mad is the Warning beeps and bongs - doors open, boot open, open door a bit etc etc. It’s doing my head in.

Even herself asked today is there any way to Not have so much beeping noise. I know cars have to do it for certain things but my version of leaf seems to do if for every small little scenario.

So......is there any way to turn off some of these beeps and bongs?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

obi604 wrote: »
    Have a 2014 Nissan Leaf.

One thing that drives me mad is the Warning beeps and bongs - doors open, boot open, open door a bit etc etc. It’s doing my head in.

Demolition-min.gif

:D

Have a 2014 Nissan Leaf.

Even herself asked today is there any way to Not have so much beeping noise. I know cars have to do it for certain things but my version of leaf seems to do if for every small little scenario.

You can turn some of them off in the menus, iirc.

The leafspy app also allows you to turn some additional ones off.... even the pedestrian noise!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,433 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

You can turn some off with leafspy. Certainly the annoying VESS can be disabled

ELM327 wrote: »
    You can turn some off with leafspy. Certainly the annoying VESS can be disabled

I have leafspy. On android and iPhone.

What exact settings do I need to change?

I don’t want to make a meas of things, I don’t even know what VESS is

• Registered Users Posts: 21,433 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I had leafspy pro on ios but I sold my leaf 3 years ago so have forgotten the specifics

ELM327 wrote: »
    I had leafspy pro on ios but I sold my leaf 3 years ago so have forgotten the specifics

right, I had a lok on youtube but cannot find anything there that matches either

You can disable the startup jingle thing via the settings button the dash to the right of the steering wheel...

in that menu go to "Effects" and set it to "off".

THat will turn off the most annoying sound, imo.

If you want to turn off some more you use leafspy.... enable the service menu(from settings)... then go into VSP settings and there are a bunch of sounds that you can turn on/off there.

• Advertisement

You can disable the startup jingle thing via the settings button the dash to the right of the steering wheel...

in that menu go to "Effects" and set it to "off".

THat will turn off the most annoying sound, imo.

If you want to turn off some more you use leafspy.... enable the service menu(from settings)... then go into VSP settings and there are a bunch of sounds that you can turn on/off there.

startup jingle not too bad :)

the other 100 beeps and bongs after startup is what wrecks me head.

to do the leafspy stuff, do I need a special version of leafspy?

startup jingle not too bad :)

the other 100 beeps and bongs after startup is what wrecks me head.

to do the leafspy stuff, do I need a special version of leafspy?

probably leafspy pro to get access to that service menu but not 100% certain on that

probably leafspy pro to get access to that service menu but not 100% certain on that

Seems I do have leafspy pro.
    See this link: https://imgur.com/a/xbZRikt

Any idea of what to toggle on or off etc.

So you have to do the changes when connected to car.
    Or can you without being connected and then when you do connect it takes the changes.

Seems I do have leafspy pro.
    See this link: https://imgur.com/a/xbZRikt

Any idea of what to toggle on or off etc.

So you have to do the changes when connected to car.
    Or can you without being connected and then when you do connect it takes the changes.

So, when you toggled that service screen option you then go back to the main screens (by clicking done) and you will have an extra screen that you can swipe over to.... then click the VSP settings button and you'll see the toggle switches for the sounds.

You have to do it while connected to the car.

So, when you toggled that service screen option you then go back to the main screens (by clicking done) and you will have an extra screen that you can swipe over to.... then click the VSP settings button and you'll see the toggle switches for the sounds.

Ah, ok. Will give it a go in a bit.

Didn’t realise you had to go back to main screen etc.

See here.

https://imgur.com/a/8LgL3ck

I put all the sounds off. Is this any harm?

What is ‘sound A‘ and ‘sound B’ ?

What is drive sound?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭handofdog

From the manual (Note: This Help is available as a PDF file by sending an email with a subject of "Android PDF Help" to WattsLeft.meter@gmail.com.)

VSP Settings

For 2013 and newer Leafs this function is used to enable and disable the sounds created by the VSP function. The VSP board generates the sounds for two different speakers. One speaker is located under the dash and makes the sounds heard inside the Leaf.

The other speaker is in the engine compartment and makes the sounds heard outside the Leaf. None of these settings affect the Hazard or turn signal sounds.
    • Drive Start Sound - Outside sound generated when the Leaf starts to move to alert pedestrians that a vehicle nearby is moving.
    • Drive Sound - Outside sound generated which the Leaf is moving a low speed.
    • Reverse Beeps - Outside sound generated when backing up. It is not recommended that you disable this sound as it is a safety feature for pedestrians.
    • Vehicle Start Sound - Inside sound played when Leaf is turned on and off.
    • Sound A - (Not known to control any sounds at this time)
    • Sound B - (Not known to control any sounds at this time)
    • Charge Sounds - Outside sounds generated when opening charge door, plugging in charge cord, starting a charge and manually overriding the charge timer.

handofdog wrote: »
    From the manual (Note: This Help is available as a PDF file by sending an email with a subject of "Android PDF Help" to WattsLeft.meter@gmail.com.)

VSP Settings

For 2013 and newer Leafs this function is used to enable and disable the sounds created by the VSP function. The VSP board generates the sounds for two different speakers. One speaker is located under the dash and makes the sounds heard inside the Leaf.

The other speaker is in the engine compartment and makes the sounds heard outside the Leaf. None of these settings affect the Hazard or turn signal sounds.
    • Drive Start Sound - Outside sound generated when the Leaf starts to move to alert pedestrians that a vehicle nearby is moving.
    • Drive Sound - Outside sound generated which the Leaf is moving a low speed.
    • Reverse Beeps - Outside sound generated when backing up. It is not recommended that you disable this sound as it is a safety feature for pedestrians.
    • Vehicle Start Sound - Inside sound played when Leaf is turned on and off.
    • Sound A - (Not known to control any sounds at this time)
    • Sound B - (Not known to control any sounds at this time)
    • Charge Sounds - Outside sounds generated when opening charge door, plugging in charge cord, starting a charge and manually overriding the charge timer.

Ah ok. Thank you. I never noticed or heard the ‘driver start sound’ or ‘ reverse beeps’ .......and I have been outside the vehicle when the wife was driving it.

Just a gentle reminder to all Leaf 24/30 owners out there, check your front struts for pooling water due to bad design of water flowing off the windscreen, you can put cover on them but they pop off every now and then.
    If you think I'm raving just do a search on it...

• Advertisement

Hi Slave
    Thanks for the reminder. Ive never looked at mine!
    Can those cups be bought somewhere or are they already on it? (Wife is in my Leaf and wont be back till tonight)

Advertisement