Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Leaf

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Laviski

obi604 wrote: »
    Ah ok. Thank you. I never noticed or heard the ‘driver start sound’ or ‘ reverse beeps’ .......and I have been outside the vehicle when the wife was driving it.

maybe this was a thing with older leaf's?
    defo not in the version i have
    you have the drive noise. the only other beeps is if the door is open, car is on but leave with key, or attempt to lock with key inside :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭obi604

Laviski wrote: »
    maybe this was a thing with older leaf's?
    defo not in the version i have
    you have the drive noise. the only other beeps is if the door is open, car is on but leave with key, or attempt to lock with key inside :pac:

Yeah, I have defo never heard these driver start sound’ or ‘ reverse beeps’

slave1 wrote: »
    Just a gentle reminder to all Leaf 24/30 owners out there, check your front struts for pooling water due to bad design of water flowing off the windscreen, you can put cover on them but they pop off every now and then.
    If you think I'm raving just do a search on it...

Thanks. Just checked mine. Images in link.

2nd pic is AFTER I cleaned it up a bit. poked it a bit and then hoover. Looking rusty.
    1st is my temp solution. Found a cap and it just inserts to the inside parameter of the circle. Not sure how well it will work. just kinda sits there, not very secure. if water hits it, it will stop going in to bolt area, but just push it somewhere else. What do ye think?

I see the strut covers on eBay are 15 Euro + postage from uk of another 5. Saucy for what they are.

https://imgur.com/a/H9oI8eJ

Glad this problem doesn't exist in the newest model

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭ltd440

slave1 wrote: »
    Just a gentle reminder to all Leaf 24/30 owners out there, check your front struts for pooling water due to bad design of water flowing off the windscreen, you can put cover on them but they pop off every now and then.
    If you think I'm raving just do a search on it...

Just checked mine and it's badly rusted, I wonder if nissan would do anything for me as its still got a few months of warranty??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I see they’ve broken the phone app again with the latest “update”. Nissan should really bin whoever supports their apps / online connect.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,072 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Batesy wrote: »
    I see they’ve broken the phone app again with the latest “update”. Nissan should really bin whoever supports their apps / online connect.

Working for me on iOS.

KCross wrote: »
    Working for me on iOS.

Hmmm. I updated Nissan app just now. Tap on the app and it just crashes. iOS 13.6

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Efitz2019

Hmmm. I updated Nissan app just now. Tap on the app and it just crashes. iOS 13.6

This was happening for me so I deleted it and reinstalled it and it’s working fine since

Works fine on Android.

• Advertisement

Efitz2019 wrote: »
    This was happening for me so I deleted it and reinstalled it and it’s working fine since

That sorted it for me. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Yep, delete and reinstall sorted it. Nice one.

Hi. See the below link. Is there any way to tell based on the pictures if this is a 16 amp or 32 amp cable?

https://imgur.com/a/wZIg02N

• Registered Users Posts: 64,835 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Yes, the 3G6.0mm2 means the core is 6mm2, so it's a 32A single phase cable (that last bit is the 3 as the first character, a 3 phase cable would have a 5 there)

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Zenith74

Hi. See the below link. Is there any way to tell based on the pictures if this is a 16 amp or 32 amp cable?

https://imgur.com/a/wZIg02N

That's 32A charging cable (https://www.besen-group.com/ev-charging-wire/ev-straight-wire/5g6-0mm-2-0-5mm-ev-wire-ac-electric-cable-for.html). Nothing to say the connectors are actually wired for 32A, but 99.99% they will be.

thanks. for a 2014 Nissan leaf and public charging at the slow chargers like 7kw and 22kw boxes. is the cable needed a type 2 to type 1 or a type 1 to type 2

always get mixed up here.

thanks. for a 2014 Nissan leaf and public charging at the slow chargers like 7kw and 22kw boxes. is the cable needed a type 2 to type 1 or a type 1 to type 2

always get mixed up here.

Type1. The redesigned Leaf (2018 onwards) is Type2.

Zenith74 wrote: »
    Type1. The redesigned Leaf (2018 onwards) is Type2.

thanks, so can the cable be labelled as 'Type 1 to type 2' ?

see below screen grab, some are labelled type 1 to type 2 and others labelled type 2 to type 1 . Whats the difference?

https://imgur.com/a/rqo1YpE

thanks, so can the cable be labelled as 'Type 1 to type 2' ?

see below screen grab, some are labelled type 1 to type 2 and others labelled type 2 to type 1 . Whats the difference?

https://imgur.com/a/rqo1YpE

It's a bit confusing yeah. There's a connector at the charger end, and one at the car end. Your car is Type1 so you'll want a cable that is "Type X to type 1", so you just need to figure out if the X should be Type 1 or Type 2. Every charger you find on the street or in destinations etc. will be Type 2, so unless you happen to have a very old Type1 charger at home then the cable you want is Type2-to-Type1.

It's a bit confusing yeah. There's a connector at the charger end, and one at the car end. Your car is Type1 so you'll want a cable that is "Type X to type 1", so you just need to figure out if the X should be Type 1 or Type 2. Every charger you find on the street or in destinations etc. will be Type 2, so unless you happen to have a very old Type1 charger at home then the cable you want is Type2-to-Type1.

I suppose this is key - figuring out which end is listed first, the one on the car end or the charger end, but it should not matter for my situation.

some ads may list it as car end first therefore type 1 to type 2

others ads may list it as charger end first. therefore type 2 to type 1

depends on what end of the cable they are referring to I guess. but either way, a type 1 to type 2 or a type 2 to type 1 should work on my 2014 Nissan leaf (I think) :confused:

• Advertisement

I suppose this is key - figuring out which end is listed first, the one on the car end or the charger end, but it should not matter for my situation.

some ads may list it as car end first therefore type 1 to type 2

others ads may list it as charger end first. therefore type 2 to type 1

depends on what end of the cable they are referring to I guess. but either way, a type 1 to type 2 or a type 2 to type 1 should work on my 2014 Nissan leaf (I think) :confused:

It should always be the charger end listed first, but I’m sure it varies to add some fun to all this.

No unfortunately a type1-to-type2 would not work on your Leaf because the other variable here is the gender. You have male and female Type2, so the type1-to-type2 would have the wrong gender Type2 connector on it :-(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

It’s Type 2 to Type 1, no ambiguity here

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 387 ✭✭Ta ceist agam

Hi all,

My friend had an immaculate 2014 Leaf Tekna/SVE 24kw 3.3 on board charger with 35k miles. Only 36 quick charges and SOH 93%. Its black with Nct to Feb 2022.

I say "had an immaculate" as if you look at my other posts debris from a cement truck damaged the front of the cars paintwork and chipped headlights totaling 4850 euro.

He's worried now that he might lose the car if insurance write it off as he might not get enough to pay a similar immaculate Leaf.

What would be a fair price for the above Leaf?
    TIA

Hi all,

My friend had an immaculate 2014 Leaf Tekna/SVE 24kw 3.3 on board charger with 35k miles. Only 36 quick charges and SOH 93%. Its black with Nct to Feb 2022.

I say "had an immaculate" as if you look at my other posts debris from a cement truck damaged the front of the cars paintwork and chipped headlights totaling 4850 euro.

He's worried now that he might lose the car if insurance write it off as he might not get enough to pay a similar immaculate Leaf.

TIA

If it’s that damaged then 3 or 4 thousand.

But hard to know, also In one post you say it has 96% health, then another has 93% health.

Not sure why you are concerned about the scenario either :)

Oh I'm sorry, as a Leaf driver for discissing a topic about another Leaf on a Leaf forum. Silly me!

Oh I'm sorry, as a Leaf driver for discissing a topic about another Leaf on a Leaf forum. Silly me!

You said it.

I thought it was your neighbour or imaginary friend that is the leaf driver ;))

You said it.

I thought it was your neighbour or imaginary friend that is the leaf driver ;))

Perhaps if you read my post it'll give you a clue!

Nissan were so innovative they do allow more than one Leaf reside in the neighbourhood

Perhaps if you read my post it'll give you a clue!

Nissan were so innovative they do allow more than one Leaf reside in the neighbourhood

nice one.

congrats on being a Leaf owner.

Hi all,

My friend had an immaculate 2014 Leaf Tekna/SVE metallic 24kw 3.3 on board charger with 35k miles. Only 36 quick charges and SOH 93%. Its black with Nct to Feb 2022.

TIA

I sold an immaculate 2014 Leaf24 Tekna 3.3kW with slightly lower mileage in February for €12k.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I sold an immaculate 2014 Leaf24 Tekna 3.3kW with slightly lower mileage in February for €12k.

You did VERY well, seen and heard L30s going for less, well done

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Advertisement