Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryan Tubridy radio show thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

“Funnily enough all 4 negative comments written by men”.

Fock off Bryan with your attempts at being woke. I’d bet there were more than 4 and not just from women.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

^^^^^^^^^^^

Post above by Butters is exactly what I was just about to write.

Tubbs is utterly sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭mistersifter

"can I use the term genderise?"

Pandering weasel of the highest order.

Hope his apple strudle tastes like sh*t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Tubridy giving out about people taking drugs. Duffy giving out about bullying. What's next this week, Ray D'Arcy giving out about broadcasters who can't hit the right buttons on their mixing desk?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Tubs asking Machela McCollom does she realise all the damage that drugs does to communities in Ireland..... He must hace struggled to keep a straight face asking that question.

Had he got her on?? Found it, Well a clip...https://radio.rte.ie/radio1highlights/tag/michaella-mccollum/

Late Late on Friday so..Or Darcy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Had he got her on?? Found it, Well a clip...https://radio.rte.ie/radio1highlights/tag/michaella-mccollum/

Late Late on Friday so..Or Darcy

For sure.

Who says crime doesn't pay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

I think after yesterday's interview that if RTE purport to be the "objective purveyors of truth" then the paper review should be taken from Ryan Tubridy. We always knew where he stood with regard to the love in for the Democratic party, but I think with the upcoming election in 2020, it is clear that the man is in no position to report the newspapers in a fair manner.

But then I guess they would be stuck to find anybody in RTE that could.

Looks like Piers Morgan “interviewed” Michaela McCollum somewhat more adversarially. 2_EH_CHP_131119GMB_2288JPG.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I think after yesterday's interview that if RTE purport to be the "objective purveyors of truth" then the paper review should be taken from Ryan Tubridy. We always knew where he stood with regard to the love in for the Democratic party, but I think with the upcoming election in 2020, it is clear that the man is in no position to report the newspapers in a fair manner.

But then I guess they would be stuck to find anybody in RTE that could.

But then why would the Irish media need to be impartial when it comes to American politics? We don't vote in their elections. I know Tubridy and others would love to, but we're not there yet thankfully.

Why is he so obsessed with Americana anyway? Isn't there enough going on in Ireland and the UK to be going on with? Cultures which we are more familiar with!

• Advertisement

Tubridy giving out about people taking drugs.

I assume he mentioned Gerry Ryan?

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

I assume he mentioned Gerry Ryan?

Suprisingly No.

:pac:

Suprisingly No.

:pac:

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Looks like Piers Morgan “interviewed” Michaela McCollum somewhat more adversarially.

Just had a look at that now. No time for Morgan but she got the roasting she deserved. Tubbs just read out a few "Devil's advocate" texts for balance and left it at that

sligojoek wrote: »
    Just had a look at that now. No time for Morgan but she got the roasting she deserved. Tubbs just read out a few "Devil's advocate" texts for balance and left it at that

I’m no fan of Morgan either, but she clearly “wasn’t thinking” about the reception she and her book might get any more than she “wasn’t thinking” about carrying drugs out of Peru. That said, I wish her well because, as even Morgan admitted, everyone deserves a second chance.

Goofing around with toys.

Watching the Toy Show on the player,

Good luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Promo for how good RTE is. Lol

10 minutes in and it's still the Toy show and tonight's LLS.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Watching the Toy Show on the player,

Good luck with that.

Cancel the toy show and fix the RTÉ player

• Advertisement

Liveline is RTE at its best.

Kindness

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

The toy show crept up on him did it?

He's only mentioned it about 200 times in the last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

NIMAN wrote: »
    The toy show crept up on him did it?

He's only mentioned it about 200 times in the last month.

He’s been mentioning it since last May. I remember a blazing sunny day and he was going on about how he likes cozy dark evenings and the toy show....

He does it as filler. Huge amount of his show is just filling time with as little effort as possible.

He repeats same themes constantly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

He repeats same themes constantly

Books, presidents, Beatles

The lad looking for the toy show tickets knew which strings to pull.
    Daughter's favorite band is he Beatles and she knows 'Blackbird' off by heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Just stopped short of saying her favourite U.S president was JFK and she cant stand social media.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

What an absolute crock of ****e, I also rang in and left my details and the producer took so many from me that I was full sure of a callback, next thing I hear this guy, good Christ what a setup, why on earth would Ryan ask him what music his daughters liked unless he mentioned it when he rang in, then he didn't know what movie Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious came from and struggled with a few more, I was disgusted. Must fill them full of ****e if I ever get through again.

Caller: I don't know.

Ryan: it rhymes with Shmary Shmoppins.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

I'd like to know how many audience members of the toy show have relations or a connection witin rte or their sponsors. Or in the audience in the concert hall for the orchestra performances for that matter.

• Advertisement

PieOhMy wrote: »
    I'd like to know how many audience members of the toy show have relations or a connection witin rte or their sponsors. Or in the audience in the concert hall for the orchestra performances for that matter.

Don’t you talk like that about my third cousin twice removed on my mother’s aunt’s side

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement