Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Now

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

JimmyVik wrote: »
    Thanks for that. I need about 350 days :)
    I might just not renew next year and wait for black Friday to renew.

Google tells me :

They dont expire BUT there are random code generators that pirates use and your code might be claimed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I really wanna play stranded deep and wreckfest looks fun. No way I'm resubscribing when chances are these will be added to ps plus in a few months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Full-line up:

Wreckfest (until 31 May 2021)
    Horizon Zero Dawn, including Frozen Wilds
    Stranded Deep
    Broforce
    The Surge 2
    Darksiders 3

All permanent bar Wreckfest

• Registered Users Posts: 13,813 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Noice! I've been waiting for Horizon to come on either Plus or Now, platinumed it when it first came out but never played the DLC. Will have it added and will play it a month or two before the second one comes out. Gonna do the same with God of War, I started NG+ but said I'd wait until closer the sequel to play it again.

Stranded Deep is, well, it's not Subnautica nor does it try to be. But felt clunky when I bought it when it came out. Haven't played it since so maybe it's different. Wreckfest is a great game, but if you're not into multiplayer it runs out of steam. Looking forward to see how it plays on the 5. Darksiders 3 is the weakest in the series imo, a big step down from 2 and the excellent 1. Never finished it, and unless I hear there's a proper 4th game coming out for Strife, I may not bother. Broforce is best with multiple people, so won't be playing that, and The Surge 2 is not my type of game.

Still, excellent additions this month. Blows Plus out of the water!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I only played Broforce single player and absolutely loved it, highly recommend giving that a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I only played Broforce single player and absolutely loved it, highly recommend giving that a go.

Savagely addictive game!

I think this month shows the beauty of ps now. Broforce and Deep Stranded I probably wouldn't buy but do look interesting, so this gives me risk free shot at them.

Wreckfest I've already played but would highly recommend it to anyone else, a lot of fun.

Then you have the AAA horizon dawn, traded in a while back as wasn't really feeling it and was bit burnt out with open world games at the time. This makes it easy to give it another blast at some point if I'm in the mood.

And then another 2 games not on my radar but giving extra choice for all.

I'll balance that with of course some still won't be interested in any or have already played the ones they are interested in. And none are brand new games or could appear on plus any month soon.

But I still reckon it's excellent value overall for what is the equivalent of the cost of a pint each month!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

No blog post yet, but the January games are now up:

Te Crew 2
    Surviving Mars
    Frost Punk
    Bioshock Remastered Trilogy (Was a Feb 2020's PS Plus game)

Happy with Surviving MArs and Frostpunk

Edit Previewfrom PS access now up:

Have nearly pulled the trigger on Surviving Mars a few times, so happy with that. Also looked at Frostpunk every now and then, so will give that a go too. The Crew 2 is, well, I got bored fairly quick. It's a huge game with a lot of content, but it didn't keep me interested, and like most arcade racers these days, the speed is too much after a certain point.

Bioshock Remastered, well, great if you've never played them before, but I reckon the number of people in that category is quite small now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭00011000

I'm going all-in on subscription services this generation.

I just stacked 3 years of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and it's a nice service. I looked at my Steam Wishlist and then looked at the games on Gamepass and about 8 games I want are on it, so it was a no-brainer.

I missed the Black Friday deal for PS Now, so I got a UK sub that's shared on my main Irish PS5 account.

You can't directly share the sub between accounts on the same system, but any games you download will available to all users on the PS5 and if you've streamed anything with the subbed account, other accounts can also stream.

Next time there is a sale on an Irish Sub (Probably next Black Friday), I will sub on my main account.

Game Pass Ultimate has a better library, but there really isn't much between the two. With the amount of plaudits Game Pass is getting, it basically applies to PSNow too, and then some, as the library there is even bigger. GP has first party game day 1, but I haven't owned an Xbox since the OG Xbox, and none of their games really appeal to me right now.

What really impressed me was the Xbox Game Pass app for Android. Within seconds I was forgetting I was streaming! Really really impressive, Sony have a lot of catching up to do there. I can see why Apple don't want to make it available on iOS. It's a mobile service that is really gonna fly IMO.

Anyway, I envision myself buying very few games this generation. I mean, I did get the all-digital PS5 after all. No regrets so far. (except not being able to play my disk copy of The Last Guardian in 60fps)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Subscribed to PSNow for the first time last week. Almost forgot you could download PS4 games onto your console now similar to Game Pass. There's a good few games there that I haven't gotten to play and wouldn't have looked at without it being here (Gravity Rush, for example).

I gave the streaming portion a go by trying out Fallout 3. It seems fairly responsive, but I don't know if I'd be an advocate of it being the future unless it becomes seamless and flawless. Would rather all games were downloadable, but at least the PS4 library is decent enough, and a much better offering than PS+

12 months Playstation Now is currently going for €44.99 until January 19th on the PSN store

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

12 months Playstation Now is currently going for €44.99 until January 19th on the PSN store

Can you stack that if you already have a years subscription?

JimmyVik wrote: »
    Can you stack that if you already have a years subscription?

I'd imagine so. I did in a previous sale

• Registered Users Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Signed up for it with the €45 for 12 months as I now have broadband capable of streaming comfortably. Played r-type infinite and house of the dead 3 for a while earlier, also started Fallout New Vegas as Id never played it. Good value for the price.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Subscribed to PSNow for the first time last week. Almost forgot you could download PS4 games onto your console now similar to Game Pass. There's a good few games there that I haven't gotten to play and wouldn't have looked at without it being here (Gravity Rush, for example).

I gave the streaming portion a go by trying out Fallout 3. It seems fairly responsive, but I don't know if I'd be an advocate of it being the future unless it becomes seamless and flawless. Would rather all games were downloadable, but at least the PS4 library is decent enough, and a much better offering than PS+

Well, with the PS3 games you are pretty much remote connecting to a PS3 to play them. I reckon streaming something like that will be more so dependent on the clients ability to maintain a steady connection. But something to keep in mind, last year it was announced that Sony and Microsoft do have a partnership at the moment to review Sony's streaming services for Playstation.

NB: I've a PS3 under my TV and would much prefer if PSnow content for PS3 could be downloaded to it. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

February's Games are now available:

CoD: BLOPS III (previously on PS+)
    Detroit: Become Human (prev PS+)
    W2k Battle Grounds
    Hotline Miami 2
    Darksiders Genesis
    Little Nightmares

Happy with Darksiders and Little Nightmare.

With two previous PS Plus games (plus one of this months PS Plus games, Control, previously been on PS Now), 3 of the 9 games this month are "double dips"

I reckon the cost of Plus and Now has already paid for itself this year. Double dipping was bound to happen, so I can see the Now/Plus mesh at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I got in the mood to play InFamous on PS3 but the disc is absolutely knackered (the joys of CeX), so I opted to try it on PSNow. To those that have played Infamous 1, was there always a button delay when browsing the in-game menu, or is this a PSNow issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,998 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Just wondering what the story is with PS Now these days? Is it just a few games available to play every month?

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

No there is loads on PS now. The only problem is that not all of them are up for download. Streaming not a choice for me with my internet.

About 5 games added each month,100s in the library. Ps4 and ps2 games can be downloaded. Ps3 you need to stream.

Can often pick up for sale yearly sub around 45 quid, good value imo, it stops me buying loads of digital stuff on sale at least as good chance they be added at some point if not already added.

Ok but for a casual gamer like myself? I’m not interested in a huge back catalog. The next games I want to play, in no particular order are Spider-Man 1&2, Horizon 2, AC Valhalla, The Last of Us 2. I’m guessing these won’t be added anytime soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

L'prof wrote: »
    Ok but for a casual gamer like myself? I’m not interested in a huge back catalog. The next games I want to play, in no particular order are Spider-Man 1&2, Horizon 2, AC Valhalla, The Last of Us 2. I’m guessing these won’t be added anytime soon?

No. Spiderman 1 might be the most likely to be added soon, but that was released mid-2018. All the others you've listed aren't even a year old or not released yet, so unless they change PS Now they're unlikely to be added until probably they're 2 years old or so.

It's not like Gamepass on Xbox where all new exclusives are added for free at launch. Most PS exclusives sell too well at launch and hold their value too long to be added for free so early.

Penn wrote: »
    No. Spiderman 1 might be the most likely to be added soon, but that was released mid-2018. All the others you've listed aren't even a year old or not released yet, so unless they change PS Now they're unlikely to be added until probably they're 2 years old or so.

It's not like Gamepass on Xbox where all new exclusives are added for free at launch. Most PS exclusives sell too well at launch and hold their value too long to be added for free so early.

Non runner for me at the moment so I reckon. Maybe when the kids are older. Thanks

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1366418361752641540?s=19

Four new games are playable on demand from Tuesday, March 2: World War Z, InFamous Second Son, Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown and Superhot all join PS Now’s huge library of PS4, PS3 and PS2 games*.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Four new games are playable on demand from Tuesday, March 2: World War Z, InFamous Second Son, Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown and Superhot all join PS Now’s huge library of PS4, PS3 and PS2 games*.

Brilliant Stuff. wanted to try world war z and superhot with a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Has anyone ever gotten the ‘update some details’ error/loop on the PC version of PSNow when you try to boot a game? I’m at a loss as to possible solutions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Does anyone have any 'hidden gem' recommendations for PS Now?

Two games I played recently that I never heard of before are Anodyne and Dandara. Both are Metroidvania's. Anodyne more like the original Legend of Zelda with Dandara an action platformer. Both were very enjoyable.

Any other other surprise games on there?

Advertisement