Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Now

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,892 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

1 month of ps now for a euro on the PlayStation Store. Offer available for the weekend only

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

Just to add the small print

Offer ends August 22. Limit one per user. Not available to existing subscribers. Full terms apply: https://playstation.com/legal/now1

• Registered Users Posts: 28,795 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

In time for the Black Panther mission for Avengers. Played the rest of the game last time I got Now on offer. Though think that was on my US account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

I'm fairly sure Avengers is no longer on Now, was a time limited game for the service

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Great, gives me an opportunity to play undertale for a euro

• Advertisement

I played Heavenly Sword on my US sub when I had it and found no issues apart from slight lag in button responses occasionally. Of course that could've been in the disc version as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I've only been playing PS4 games but will be trying Xcom 1 this month which lag won't really matter. It did playing Arkham Origins though, kind of ruined it for me.

I've downloaded Dead Island definitive edition as i loved the first but never played Riptide. I'm sure it will be **** compared to dying light but worth a shot. Also downloaded The Long Dark as it sounds very interesting but survival games can be bit and miss with me.

For streaming, i have Saints Row 2 and Xcom Enemy unknown. Not too shabby for 1 euro for the next month.

Unfortunately they can't let you download because the PS4 and PS5 can't play PS3 games so you're basically playing on a virtual PS3.

I mainly play ps4 games on psnow, all those are downloadable so streaming quality isn't an issue then. The two ps3 games that spring to mind I played ate Saints Row 2 and Red Dead Redemption 1. SR2 is a lot of fun, laugh out loud chaos, gave up about half through tho due to the old control system doing my head in, stream quality not an issue. Played RDR1start to finish, no streaming issues and loved every bit of it, great game, especially if you stick to story and ignore the open world fluff. Graphically they're dated by today's standards, but when the gameplay is good you soon forget and sucked in

• Advertisement

Speaking of RDR, it's bizarre that there's no classic GTA's, Max Payne's, Bully or Manhunt. PS Now seems ripe for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Why would they single out the ps3, a console two generations old, to not be able to emulate? That makes zero sense. The ps3 had a completely different architecture that's very difficult to emulate.

The image quality is fine for me when streaming. It scales based on your connection.

Dead Island difficulties edition is just the first game and it plays awful compared to dying light, can't stick with it. SR 2 looks a laugh but it's sooooo old, it's unplayable for me. Very laggy as well. It has given me an itch to pick up SR 3 remaster though but will hold out for the new SR news on Wednesday. Leaves me with Long Dark and Xcom. Also find give Surviving Mars a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,337 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Got the notion to give the free trial a go when I saw Tokyo 2020 was on it

Jesus Christ the streaming makes me nauseous honestly. My Internet would be decent but this is horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,808 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I've never complained about the streaming because I don't stream games. I never got Now to play PS1-3 era games, I got it to play the PS4 era games I never played. Because of graphics, I actually can't go back much further. Some games were exempt, like the Legacy of Kain series, but in general going backwards usually just ended up ruining my memories of the games, because in my memories they were 4k 60FPS! Even going from a properly optimised for the PS5 game back to the PS4 version is upping my self imposed elitism!

I do acknowledge that for other people, playing older games is fun, but I always think that instead of playing an older, worse looking and most likely badly controlled game, I could be playing something new instead.

Was looking through PSNow games and see Asura's Wrath for PS3. I think it's bad they don't include the DLC since the full ending is included in that and it's not like you can buy and play the DLC without a PS3 and a copy of the game. Be different if you could still purchase the DLC from the PS4/5 and play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,230 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Although MGS4 was a bit of a stuttery mess when I tried playing it a few weeks ago, I jumped into MGS3 tonight and it's actually playing like a dream.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,892 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Aw my sub is gonna lapse before FF 8 remaster, wouldn't have minded playing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,808 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yay.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

I used to get a fair bit of lag streaming psnow games.

Then I used a wired connection instead of wifi.

I could count on one hand the amount of stutters or lags ive noticed in the last 6 months of having it wired into the router.

Night and day.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,230 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I'm considering doing the same with a homeplug thing (as router is in another room). No stutters Wednesday night but was a bit more glitchy last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

I tried with a home plug at first and there was still lag. Not as bad as the wifi lag, but noticeable enough to be annoying.

It was only once it was wired directly into the router that the lag totally went away.

Rumoured line up for September. We'll know for sure tomorrow

Tekken 7 (already in the US)

Killing Floor 2

Windbound

Ghost of a Tale

Moonlighter

Pathfinder: Kingmaker

Final Fantasy 7 (original)

Advertisement