Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Now

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Nice! I've been waiting for TGC 2019 to hit a good sale, great addition.

Is TGC gonna be like NBA 2K vs EA PGA? Nice to see 2K getting into the golf action. Will definitely be trying this out, haven't played a golf game since the Tiger Woods PGA games back early/mid 00's. Will be weird to not hear Feherity and McCord commentating. They were brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Is TGC gonna be like NBA 2K vs EA PGA? Nice to see 2K getting into the golf action. Will definitely be trying this out, haven't played a golf game since the Tiger Woods PGA games back early/mid 00's. Will be weird to not hear Feherity and McCord commentating. They were brilliant.

The Golf Club 2 had a lot of potential except the putting was ridiculously hard. I could be on par on the green and finish +8 because it was like putting on ice. I heard 2019 scaled it back a bit but still supposed to tough. The clubhouse is great and making your own course is class. Heads up, it's like the dark souls of golf :)

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Heads up, it's like the dark souls of golf :)

Oh interest has suddenly waned... When I hear that attached to anything, I take it to basically mean it's bastard hard for the average Joe, and while I consider myself a bit above average, I prefer the pace and effort of average Joe these days!

I'll still give it a go, would like to get right into a golf game again. Been ages since I attempted to complete all the tours and challenges of yore. Think I only ever managed it in one of the TW games. Good times. There was a lot of Southern Comfort involved at the time! It was also around the time some pubs had that PGA Tour arcade cabinet with the ball for taking shots.

Whats the PC app like to play on? Thinking of getting ps now on the PC to play Spider-Man. I'd be looking at using an xbox controller and a mapper app to map the touch pad to my keyboard space bar. Anyone any experience with this?

Sorry forgot to ask one more thing, can you use the app on multiple accounts or does each account need it's own subscription?

Dang it. It needs a wired 360 controller. I have a wireless with a play and charge but apparently the cable just charges, controls still go wireless.

So that would mean €68 for a DS4 controller. €45 for the service is fair enough... but that comes to over €100 just to play Spider-Man... n'ah.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

45euro now for 12 months new customers only..... I just started the trial last week and can not buy this, I've never paid for a PS Now subscription, would have bit the bullet at that price..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

45euro now for 12 months new customers only..... I just started the trial last week and can not buy this, I've never paid for a PS Now subscription, would have bit the bullet at that price..

Discount is until 29 April so hopefully you'll be able to get it when your trial runs out?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Discount is until 29 April so hopefully you'll be able to get it when your trial runs out?

Runs out in 2 days, ohh that's how it works I taught it was only if you never had a subscription?..

Runs out in 2 days, ohh that's how it works I taught it was only if you never had a subscription?..

That's my reading of it. From their T&C "must not have an active PlayStation™Now subscription or trial at the time when the Applicable Product is purchased;" so fingers crossed you be grand in 2 days

New games for May are Rainbow Six Siege, Evil Within 2 and Get Even

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Evil Within is an overlooked series. Quality action/survival horror games.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Evil Within is an overlooked series. Quality action/survival horror games.

Have the first one in my backlog, will try the 2nd one at some point...
    Only R6 is limited time of the new additions
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2020/05/05/tom-clancys-rainbow-six-siege-the-evil-within-2-get-even-join-ps-now-in-may/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Having a gander at this and even just to get a months worth of games until TLOU 2 comes out, a tenner is looking tempting at getting to play The Golf Club 2019, Resi Revelations 1 & 2, Deadlight, Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Spec Ops The Line, Everybody's Golf PS3 and Mafia 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Got the year's sub on discount. Played Prey. Never would had bought it as always seem like a horror game to me. There is Horror elements but more like Bioshock. Great game worth the 45 euro just for this one game.

I'm subscribed until 21/5/20 but it's telling me I need to subscribe to play games.

I select a game in PSNow, it'll bring me to the PSNow subscription page with free trial, 1 month, 3 month and yearly options. When I click one it says I'm already subscribed.

Anyone experience anything similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Niska

June games (from Japan tore) include (from https://www.reddit.com/r/PlayStationNow/comments/gv2evj/six_new_titles_such_as_metro_exodus_and/)

⁠Metro Exodus

⁠Dishonored 2

⁠11-11 Memories Retold (WW 1 game)

⁠Prey which US and Europe already had (so maybe another game in it's place?)

⁠Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late[st]

⁠Rabbit x Labyrinth: Puzzle Out Stories

(Video of 11:11 s I had not herd of it before):

(I checked the first 3 on the PS Store on the PS4 and they have the play on PS NOW button, but they are not NOW just yet).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭ronano

Good additions, service irks me with its game removal, I don't want to be pressured to play Spiderman

Above is Japanese, if I'm reading internet correctly the 8 new EU games are

Dishonoured 2,
    Nascar Heat 4,
    Metro Exodus,
    Tales of Zestiria,
    Pacman Championship Edition 2,
    God Eater 2,
    11-11 Memories Retold,
    Malicious Fallen.

Oh nice, I'll be giving God Eater 2 a go, nearly picked it up a few times. Might try Dishonored 2 again. Didn't play much of it when it came out, didn't grab me at the time, and I had enjoyed the first one.

Oh nice, I'll be giving God Eater 2 a go, nearly picked it up a few times. Might try Dishonored 2 again. Didn't play much of it when it came out, didn't grab me at the time, and I had enjoyed the first one.

Had an eye on D2 and Metro exodus, and 11-11 could be interesting, defo worth a bash. A good month!

• Advertisement

July games:

Watch Dogs 2
    Street Fighter V
    Hello Neighbor
    Infinite Minigolf
    The Turing Test

Speaking of SFV, I've downloaded it and immediately changed the dialogue to Japanese (as it fits the mouth movements, and everything sounds better in Japanese). Playing through the story modes, and those feckin pop up notifications keep covering the subtitles. Anyone know if you can turn them off/move their position? I had a look at settings but can't see anything. Terrible oversight if you can't.

August games in Japan are Doom, Dead Cells and Hitman 2. Expect us to get the same but an extra one for Doom as that's already on EU PSnow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Greedfall, Dead Cells and Hitman 2 :)

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Greedfall, Dead Cells and Hitman 2 :)

A few lesser known games too:
    • Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid
    • AO Tennis 2
    • WRC 8: World Rally Championship
    • Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr
    • Pure Farming 18

Probably most looking forward to Dead Cells. Decent month overall

September PSnow games:

Resident Evil 7 biohazard is available until November 30, 2020.
    Final Fantasy XV is available until March 1, 2021.
    WWE 2K19 permanently.
    Observation permanently.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Question.

My broadband can be sketchy so streaming isn't really a viable option, can all games be downloaded and played offline or are the streaming only? Id like to play older titles like some of the fallout series.

Question.

My broadband can be sketchy so streaming isn't really a viable option, can all games be downloaded and played offline or are the streaming only? Id like to play older titles like some of the fallout series.

The older games are the ones that can't be downloaded. PS3/PS2 games are stream only.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Cheers.

• Advertisement

It is indeed ****.

Imagine my reaction when seeing the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection on there and then seeing it's stream only. From delighted to sour in a second flat.

Advertisement