Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Now

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Kingp35 wrote: »
    You can download certain games meaning you don't have to stream them. I think it's just PS4 games. Also if you sign up for the year it's €99.99 which works out at about €8.50 per month.

PS2 too, it's just PS3 games that the PS4 can't run locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭Penn

PS Now pricing and details are changing.
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/10/01/playstation-now-everything-you-need-to-know/

Price dropped to €10 a month / €25 three months / €60 for the year

Will also include rotating games available for about 3 months, starting with God of War, Uncharted 4, GTAV and Infamous Second Son. So bigger titles available to download and play for a certain time, but then gone again (weird decision imo).

So still not getting to Gamepass levels, but getting there. A step in the right direction and after Christmas, might be something I look into.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Niska

Tempted to try for 3 months with the new pricing.

Then i remember my backlogs... Still might give it a gander.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Just might be worth subbing for the timed AAA titles. Like, if 3 months is not long enough to finish a game, you're playing it wrong (or you made the stupid decision to have kids). The first 4 won't get me to take the plunge, but if they add a game or two that I'm interested in, I may chance it for the €60, worth it for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Persona 5, Hollow Knight and Shadow of War (Mordor) added yesterday , always wanted to see what all the persona fuss was about

• Advertisement

Damn them with their Persona 5. Was tempted a few times by it myself, but never pulled the trigger! I also saw the PS Now app automatically downloaded without me picking it, but at least it could be deleted again, unlike other PS Apps.

Pulled the list from Wikipedia for PS4, and apparently there's 343 PS4 games on there... Might take the plunge soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I wonder if anyone will discount the €60 sub for a black Friday event?
    I've checked Amazon, but it's still £50 there!
    Smyths have it for €60
    Argos and Gamestop don't seem to carry it.
    Neither do Curry's or Harvey's.

Who am I missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Anyone see this on special today?

It's gone down to £37.50 on amazon, but that's for UK accounts only!! :(

The ability to download the PS4 games is great, and negates any streaming issues, but so far have had no problem streaming.

Will test that next week when I'm in ADSL land.

Plus looking forward to January games (Horizon Zero Dawn and Uncharted Lost Legacy).

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2019/12/17/horizon-zero-dawn-uncharted-the-lost-legacy-and-overcooked-2-set-to-join-ps-now-in-january/

So far the quality of service and game selection have been top notch.

Sweet, have already plat'd H:ZD, but haven't yet played the DLC or on the Pro/4K.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Always weird that some now games didn't have their DLC.

A bit late announcing the February games, but this month's headline additons are:

the Evil Within
    Lego Worlds
    City: Skylines

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2020/02/04/the-evil-within-lego-worlds-and-cities-skylines-join-ps-now-in-february/

(Almost bought Skylines last week after someone mentioned purchasing the PS edition in another thread....)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Was actually thinking of buying city skylines as well but will hold off now. I think the ps now free trial has been reset for all users as well.

Niska wrote: »
    (Almost bought Skylines last week after someone mentioned purchasing the PS edition in another thread....)

I believe that was me. I bought it a couple of weeks back for €10... Definitely worth it though, and I'm tempted by the DLC's now, just to get better traffic management tools!

Unless all the DLC will be included, like with other games, but I doubt it as there's 2 'Season Pass' expansions, don't think they're considered DLC like other games. Also, is it a permanent addition or one of the 3-month ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭lauraww

Hi there can someone please tell me how many games are available on the ps4 with playstation plus Ireland?thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

do you mean playstation now?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭lauraww

do you mean playstation now?
    Yes my son just corrected me too,thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

lauraww wrote: »
    Yes my son just corrected me too,thanks.

List of games

Looks like Control and Shadow of the Tomb Raider are coming to PS Now from march on (6 months).

No official word yet, but see attached image I go from the PS Store.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PlayStationNow/comments/fcmpdl/control_wolfenstein_ii_the_new_colossus_and/
    Control (6 months)

Shadow of the Tomb Raider (6 months)

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

Looks like Control and Shadow of the Tomb Raider are coming to PS Now from march on (6 months).

No official word yet, but see attached image I go from the PS Store.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PlayStationNow/comments/fcmpdl/control_wolfenstein_ii_the_new_colossus_and/

Wow, this would be a great trend to continue. Control was one of last years best games.

• Advertisement

Confirmed now on PlayStation Europe social media.

Control (available until Monday, 31st August)
    Dead or Alive 5 Last Round
    Nascar Heat 3
    Nights of Azure
    Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon
    Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13
    Shadow of the Tomb Raider (available until 7th September, 2020)
    Toukiden 2
    Toukiden Kiwami
    Warriors All-Stars
    Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus

Surprised Control is on it already, phenomenal game and if you've never played it, you're in for a mind twisty treat! My GOTY 2019 by a country mile. Looking forward to giving Wolfenstein 2 a go. Never actually finished The Old Blood, didn't stick with me after I finished The New Order, seemed like a step down. Might have to Google what happened. Warriors All-Stars looks like some generic hack n slash fun, will give that a spin too. Not sure about the rest, but good to have options.

And I just got Game Pass too... So much to play now! Really want to play Control again for the first time though. They've created an amazing setting.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

What are the Toukiden games like? Are they worth playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

It took a global pandemic that has crippled the world but PS Now is finally worth trying.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    What are the Toukiden games like? Are they worth playing?

I was looking at them thinking I might give them a go, but I'm not sure I like those styles of games tbh. I read it's like an early Monster Hunter type, and the combat in MHW was so meh that I gave up very soon. So it put me off these games.

Let me know if you tried them!

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

I got PS Now due to being off for two weeks because you know.

I started Control and was liking it to began with. But I just found the whole game awkward and cumbersome. The lack of a decent tracking system annoyed me. I know they're trying to make you feel like your not playing a game, but you know we are playing a game so just give me a pointer in what direction to go in.

I don't mind a challenge but the thing that made me stop was going through everything again. I was stuck on a section and every time I died, I had to start the whole thing again, just to get back to the section I was stuck on. It was adding playtime on to the game, by making me do the same thing over and over again, just to get back to the part I died on.

There was a ton of frame rate issues like the game was crashing whenever the action got heavy and when I un-paused the game it got blurry, like when Niko was drunk in GTA 4.

The story was nonsense and the cut scenes went on and on.
    The setting was unless grey. There are parts of the game that are good,
    reminded me of Bio-Shock in parts but it was just needless dragged out and seem not polished enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

jface187 wrote: »
    I got PS Now due to being off for two weeks because you know.

I started Control and was liking it to began with. But I just found the whole game awkward and cumbersome. The lack of a decent tracking system annoyed me. I know they're trying to make you feel like your not playing a game, but you know we are playing a game so just give me a pointer in what direction to go in.

I don't mind a challenge but the thing that made me stop was going through everything again. I was stuck on a section and every time I died, I had to start the whole thing again, just to get back to the section I was stuck on. It was adding playtime on to the game, by making me do the same thing over and over again, just to get back to the part I died on.

There was a ton of frame rate issues like the game was crashing whenever the action got heavy and when I un-paused the game it got blurry, like when Niko was drunk in GTA 4.

The story was nonsense and the cut scenes went on and on.
    The setting was unless grey. There are parts of the game that are good,
    reminded me of Bio-Shock in parts but it was just needless dragged out and seem not polished enough.

I'm absolutely loving the game. The frame rate issues are certainly annoying, but they only really crop up when there are a lot of enemies on screen, or as you say when you unpause it but that's only for a couple of seconds.

From reading about it online there seems to be a split in people who like it and don't between those who read all the collectibles lying around and those who don't. I've been reading them all and it keeps me really interested in what's going on.

Should now today, but rumours are the three biggies this month are

Spider-Man
    Just Cause 4
    The Golf Club 2019

(PS Store snippet confirms Spider-Man until July, so three months).

Should now today, but rumours are the three biggies this month are

Spider-Man
    Just Cause 4
    The Golf Club 2019

(PS Store snippet confirms Spider-Man until July, so three months).

Nice! I've been waiting for TGC 2019 to hit a good sale, great addition.

• Advertisement
Advertisement