Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Now

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

J. Marston wrote: »
    The older games are the ones that can't be downloaded. PS3/PS2 games are stream only.

Actually you can download ps2 games, just ps3 which is stream only.
    Although to be honest very few ps2 games in the library

Question.

My broadband can be sketchy so streaming isn't really a viable option, can all games be downloaded and played offline or are the streaming only? Id like to play older titles like some of the fallout series.

Plenty of ps4 games in the library which you might class as "old" these days too. There should be 7 day free trial available, best way to find out is dive in and see if you like the choice for yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

I signed up for the free trial and it was the older games like fallout that piqued my interest tbh.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Tried signing up for the free trial, getting error ws-43689-0 since yesterday.
    Ah well, maybe tomorrow it will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I signed up for the free trial and fired up Batman Arkham City. It's the origianal PS3 version and not the upgraded PS4 one.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭ronano

Anyone recommend 'hidden gems' of ps now?

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    Tried signing up for the free trial, getting error ws-43689-0 since yesterday.
    Ah well, maybe tomorrow it will work.

Got a response from Sony about this:
    Error code WS-43689-0 indicates that this account is unable to add the trial as it is linked to activity that goes against our Terms of Service.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Got a response from Sony about this:

Cmon Fingers, out with it, who's mother were you claiming to be sexually active with because they beat you to first place on Fall Guys?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Cmon Fingers, out with it, who's mother were you claiming to be sexually active with because they beat you to first place on Fall Guys?

Only thing I can think of is I game share with my OH and son, so 3 PS4s, instead of 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Only thing I can think of is I game share with my OH and son, so 3 PS4s, instead of 2.

That would be fairly mean out of them to flag that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

October lineup
    Days Gone* (Only available until Jan 4th 2021)
    MediEvil
    Friday the 13th
    Trine 4
    Battle Princess Madeline
    Steel Rats

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Brilliant, I've been waiting on Days Gone to come to PS Now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,813 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Yeah, got Days Gone when it came out but traded in a few days later as it just wasn't doing it for me. I wanted to try again but was reluctant to spend money, so was waiting for it to come on PS Now. I knew it would be soon anyway with the PS5 trailer showing it as a Plus game for PS5. I'll probably still wait to play it on the PS5 though, and at least then I'll have it for good instead of just a few months.

October lineup
    Days Gone* (Only available until Jan 4th 2021)
    MediEvil
    Friday the 13th
    Trine 4
    Battle Princess Madeline
    Steel Rats

They actually made a change after earlier announcement, BPM and Steel Rats gone, in comes Rad. Never heard of any before today tbh, I had looked up Steel Rats and thought it worth a bash so that's a bit of a shame, won't be losing sleep over it mind you

JimBurnley wrote: »
    They actually made a change after earlier announcement, BPM and Steel Rats gone, in comes Rad. Never heard of any before today tbh, I had looked up Steel Rats and thought it worth a bash so that's a bit of a shame, won't be losing sleep over it mind you

The initial announcement was for Japan so looks like Europe and US got different indie games

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

Video:

good selection this month

Injustice 2
    Rage 2
    Kingdom Come Deliverance
    My Time at Portia
    Vermintide 2

F1 2020 mentioned in Blog (not in video)

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/10/30/f1-2020-injustice-2-and-rage-2-headline-novembers-ps-now-lineup/#sf239423207

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Niska wrote: »
    Video:

good selection this month

Injustice 2
    Rage 2
    Kingdom Come Deliverance
    My Time at Portia
    Vermintide 2

F1 2020 mentioned in Blog (not in video)

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/10/30/f1-2020-injustice-2-and-rage-2-headline-novembers-ps-now-lineup/#sf239423207

Are they there for good or will they be gone in a few months?

JimmyVik wrote: »
    Are they there for good or will they be gone in a few months?

My reading of the blog is they're all permanent bar Kingdom Come which is available until May 3rd 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I have been thinking about trying this again.

Is there anywhere to get 12-month codes discounted? I can see on CDKEYS they have all other countries except Ireland :(

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Farrelk

Is there anywhere to get 12-month codes discounted? I can see on CDKEYS they have all other countries except Ireland :(

On the Store its offering 25% off year pass for black Friday so 45e

• Advertisement

Farrelk wrote: »
    On the Store its offering 25% off year pass for black Friday so 45e

Same with Smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 32,993 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I was always disgusted by the fact that Irish PSN was always so expensive.

Young lad asked for it recently for his birthday so I tried to set up a 2nd user account on the PS4 using Stg. Bought a 1 month sub to test it and it worked ok, he's now playing with his mates online.

And I seen a 12 month sub the other day on HotUKDeals for something like £33, some difference from usual Irish price.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

NIMAN wrote: »
    I was always disgusted by the fact that Irish PSN was always so expensive.

Young lad asked for it recently for his birthday so I tried to set up a 2nd user account on the PS4 using Stg. Bought a 1 month sub to test it and it worked ok, he's now playing with his mates online.

And I seen a 12 month sub the other day on HotUKDeals for something like £33, some difference from usual Irish price.

I think its currently on sale everywhere. Its 45euro at the minute for 12 months

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ftm2008

getting a console for xmas for the wee man... would it be ok to buy PS Now for Black Friday and apply it when I get the console.. prob a good time to have a renewal period

ftm2008 wrote: »
    getting a console for xmas for the wee man... would it be ok to buy PS Now for Black Friday and apply it when I get the console.. prob a good time to have a renewal period

Similar question. I bought a subscription last week.
    Anywhere i can buy a cheaper psnow voucher and keep it and use it at the start of November 2021

ftm2008 wrote: »

This might be what we need.
    Not sure though
    https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/digital-downloads/playstation-4-digital-downloads/playstation-4-memberships/playstation%e2%84%a2now-12-month-subscription-25%25-off/p/604482

Trying to figure out if you can buy it and then activate it at a later date.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,813 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

You get a code and if there is an expiry on it, it's usually a good few months to redeem.

You get a code and if there is an expiry on it, it's usually a good few months to redeem.

Thanks.
    Mine would be almost a year. But it doesnt say how long to redeem on the website that i can find.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

JimmyVik wrote: »
    Thanks.
    Mine would be almost a year. But it doesnt say how long to redeem on the website that i can find.

If memory serves, it's around 90 days, you should be good...

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    If memory serves, it's around 90 days, you should be good...

Thanks for that. I need about 350 days :)
    I might just not renew next year and wait for black Friday to renew.

Advertisement