Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Now

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Anyone know if i subscribe to ps now with the Canadian user on my PS4 will I be able to access the ps now games on my Irish PS4 account or can the games only be started from the Canadian user?

Start your Canadian trial and try your irish account on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Loving my play through of red dead, and looking forward to going through Mafia 2 after it. With far cry out next week, gonna hold off on subscribing but will definitely go back to it, buying 1 month and taking it from there.

Played through Red Dead a few months back on PS3, it was so good to be able to able to use the DS4.

Does anyone know if trophies unlock when playing through Now?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Played through Red Dead a few months back on PS3, it was so good to be able to able to use the DS4.

Does anyone know if trophies unlock when playing through Now?

Yupp trophies unlock as normal. You can check through the PS3 style menu and they also show up on the PS4 trophy menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Yupp trophies unlock as normal. You can check through the PS3 style menu and they also show up on the PS4 trophy menu.

Nice one, unsure now though if I backed up my Red Dead save :(

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

Anyone know if i subscribe to ps now with the Canadian user on my PS4 will I be able to access the ps now games on my Irish PS4 account or can the games only be started from the Canadian user?

i am wonder this to ,anyone know the answer ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,486 ✭✭✭✭Varik

The trials will be per account, so nothing to stop someone trying.

Just set up a trail with a foreign region account and see, the only other thing is if a Canadian account will only use the Canadian servers and again a trial will show that as the latency will be huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

NikoTopps wrote: »
    i am wonder this to ,anyone know the answer ?

It seems to sorta work... I tested using my irish PsNow trial and a canadian user on my ps4 (no PsNow sub)
    I went to start a PsNow game on my Canadian user and it timed out and said "game not available"
    I then switched to Irish user and started a PsNow game and exited the game and switched back to Canadian user.
    Canadian user was now able to play any PsNow game that had been added to dashboard (cannot access PsNow app)

(Im guessing this process can be switched get PsNow in Canadian $ for cheap and play on Irish account)

I dont have PsPlus on my canadian account so i am not sure if online works with this method

Varik wrote: »
    The trials will be per account, so nothing to stop someone trying.

Just set up a trail with a foreign region account and see, the only other thing is if a Canadian account will only use the Canadian servers and again a trial will show that as the latency will be huge.

Apparently servers are picked based on physical location like Netflix (according to people on reddit so take that with a pinch of salt)
    Is there a way to get a foreign trial without a foreign credit card or buying topup vouchers?

The last of us remastered (PS4 version) had been added now.

PlayStation Ireland have a competition to win 1of 10 month subscriptions for ps now. Just have to comment on their FB post.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1752259091499169&id=112781868780241

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Anybody any idea when they update the game catalogue?

• Advertisement

I see World to the West on the list, really enjoyed that when I played it on Xbox last year. Should be a pretty straight forward platinum too if I recall the achievements correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Does anyone know if there's a yearly sub to PS Now? Or is €20 a month the only option, a month would barely be enough time to replay Red Dead for me

Does anyone know if there's a yearly sub to PS Now? Or is €20 a month the only option, a month would barely be enough time to replay Red Dead for me

In think it's 15 a month. I made it half way through Mexico in my week trial, I'd say a month would do it. Strange they don't have a yearly sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

In think it's 15 a month. I made it half way through Mexico in my week trial, I'd say a month would do it. Strange they don't have a yearly sub.

My bad 15 is correct. If they don't have a year option then I'll just wait til I know I'll have enough time in a month to get it done, before October of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Signed up for the trial and had some fun playing Red Dead’s undead nightmare. I don’t think my connection is good enough for it though, picture quality really isn’t the best. Don’t think I’ll be paying 15 quid a month, I barely have time for my backlog as it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Anyone having problems with there connection recently? It was playing/working perfectly for me for the all of the first week I had it now I keep getting a message that it's not available right now due to a bad connection?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Does anyone know if I unsubscribe for a month and then subscribe again, will my save files still be available? Can I continue to play from where I was at in a game when I unsubscribed?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if I unsubscribe for a month and then subscribe again, will my save files still be available? Can I continue to play from where I was at in a game when I unsubscribed?

It seems so.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/3objbz/does_ps_now_keep_my_saves_if_my_subscription/

I remember seeing the last of us remastered was added to ps now, checked and can't see any sign of it. Anyone ever see it or were PS Ireland mistaken?

https://twitter.com/PlayStationIE/status/979651951171440645?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Tried the trial for ps now...

Jesus it's shocking bad

I have a 150 Meg line hardwired to console and struggling to hold a connection...

Also the games look like pixelated ****e.

Who would actually pay for that service

Xbox gamepass is amazing value for money Sony really need to get the finger out

Xbox are shooting ahead

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I've had it for the last couple of months and the games play perfectly for me on my 250mb line. No problems at all.

It is a little pricey though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭OhHiMark

Tried the trial and it worked perfectly so I signed up. Ever since then it's unplayable. Literally unplayable, it plays for a couple of minutes stuttering, then the game closes because it says the connection isn't strong enough. This happening for anyone else the last week or so? Not sure if it's my connection or the ps now service.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,239 ✭✭✭✭Penn

https://www.vg247.com/2018/06/15/playstation-now-download-feature-rumour/

Rumours that they may be getting ready to allow downloading of games rather than streaming, like Xbox Gamepass does. This would definitely make me consider signing up.

It still wouldn't compete with Gamepass in terms of value for money as I doubt they'll give away first party games on it at launch, and even then it's still more expensive than Gamepass anyway, but considering the library of PS2 and PS3 games they could put on it, it'd still be worth the money imo (provided you could download as per above posts where people struggle streaming even with a strong internet speed).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Penn wrote: »

Rumours that they may be getting ready to allow downloading of games rather than streaming, like Xbox Gamepass does. This would definitely make me consider signing up.

It still wouldn't compete with Gamepass in terms of value for money as I doubt they'll give away first party games on it at launch, and even then it's still more expensive than Gamepass anyway, but considering the library of PS2 and PS3 games they could put on it, it'd still be worth the money imo (provided you could download as per above posts where people struggle streaming even with a strong internet speed).

I've decent fibre broadband and I found it a complete pile of poo. I'd consider it if there was a download function but not they way it's set up at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

It's an absolute shambles imo

If they allowed same access as gamepass it could be a great service

The games look like ****e streamed to the console

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Penn wrote: »

I'd be very surprised if the PS4 can emulate PS3 games.
    The architecture change from Cell to x86 will require a huge overhead of processing for the PS4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I'd be very surprised if the PS4 can emulate PS3 games.
    The architecture change from Cell to x86 will require a huge overhead of processing for the PS4.

Surely if they can have the games streaming to the PS4, they can have them working from a download onto the console.

Didn't even think of that, bit of a difference between streaming PS3 games and downloading them to run on a ps4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Surely if they can have the games streaming to the PS4, they can have them working from a download onto the console.

Eh? How does that work?

Advertisement