Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rocket League

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

This game really hasnt' clicked with me yet. What do people reckon are the best tips/tricks videos for beginners that might dull the pain / improve up on losing (all the time).

You picked a really difficult time to take it up. Matchmaking levels were reset to some extent and player quality is all over the place. My point being it's going to seem even way more alien to you at the moment compared to if you'd started say 4 weeks ago. Back then you would have be placed with people just starting the game like yourself and on a similar level. Now you could be placed anywhere between someone who can hit the ball from just about anywhere and someone just starting the game for the first time.

Regardless of who you're with just try to have fun. Slow down, don't rush full speed at the ball. Try to guess where the ball is gonna be next and drive there. In time you will learn to hit it. Don't worry about flying until you got the ground prediction down. Stick to jumping and basic dodges. Also, don't feel bad about chasing (ahead) of the ball's trajectory. Positioning, passing, blocking etc. can come later. The fastest way you'll learn is by missing hits and learning what you needed to adjust to hit it. :)

Just enjoy the game and have fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

The game is really taking off, its absolutely massive now and its spectacular to watch in ESL. What a hit!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Turtwig wrote: »
    Matchmaking levels were reset to some extent and player quality is all over the place.
    This is annoying me. I play 3vs3. Will the standard only improve if I keep winning? It's hard because I'm either getting destroyed or destroying someone and anything rarely in between since the reset.

Being paired with genuine rookies and people who 100% can't hit the ball many times leaves me playing 3vs1 most of the match, where if either I set up a set a goal for my team to score they nearly always miss or they can't set up anything for me. Usually when I notice how bad a team is I try and play GK and see if my teammates can fluke a goal. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

its usually like this after season change though, myself and a mate were playing the other night and had some nice win streak on, think 8-9 matches in a row before we lost our first

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

It's very volatile at the minute. Lot of people still unranked. I've had games where it's against people who've just installed the game, the next is against season x grand master and the ball doesn't even hit the ground...

• Advertisement

ive had games were ive played terrible too though at the same time, was just a good night. But i have found quite a few players that have been absolute $hit$ with attitude, be it either other teammate dishing abuse due to losing or the other team dishing it out cause they are 1-0 up and it goes to their heads. Just gotta bear with it for now, should go back to being not so bad once ranks get settled i think... or more so hope :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Anyone having trouble with servers lately? Very laggy and ping isn't great for me. You can find the log on pc at <My Documents>\My Games\Rocket League\TAGame\Logs\

The last IP entry would be the last server you were on.

Ping statistics for 45.32.235.204:
    Packets: Sent = 19, Received = 18, Lost = 1 (5% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 49ms, Maximum = 106ms, Average = 67ms

Anyone else similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

since the update anyone having significant fps drop? like 30-40 fps

Im over 250fps with all settings to maximum at 2560x1440.

Im over 250fps with all settings to maximum at 2560x1440.
    what gpu do you have? I'm at 1440 maxed and fps 115-125 in game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,403 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Anyone interested in some 2v2? I'm not great but I understand when to defend and when to attack. Good and reading the game. Nothing too serious but be good to get some game time with someone who doesn't run after a game or two.

Anyone interested in some 2v2? I'm not great but I understand when to defend and when to attack. Good and reading the game. Nothing too serious but be good to get some game time with someone who doesn't run after a game or two.
    HUGEBASHER on steam... be very interested in teaming up

what gpu do you have? I'm at 1440 maxed and fps 115-125 in game

GTX 1080ti

Ill be around most evenings on and off if up for few games, steam : mad_ma84

Added you there.

and accepted :)

Added you there.
    whats your steam name?

added craig there

whats your steam name?

added craig there

Off the top of my head I think it's Honeymstr

I'll be on later tonight, probably after 11.

Off the top of my head I think it's Honeymstr

I'll be on later tonight, probably after 11.
    Honeymnstr I think.. is it conor? if so I added you there

Honeymnstr I think.. is it conor? if so I added you there

Yep that's the one. Brilliant :D

What do ye usually play? Anyone chat away while playing? I usually do 2v2. I'm poor enough.

• Advertisement

Yep that's the one. Brilliant :D

What do ye usually play? Anyone chat away while playing? I usually do 2v2. I'm poor enough.
    I'm easy enough kinda like 3v3 not the best but with comms be much better

mix of anything really, bit of dropshot too, rarely chat though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Crazy comeback I had today! Went 3-1 down and down to 2v3 but somehow managed to pull the win outta the hat. I love this game haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ronan Doyle

2v2

Advertisement