Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rocket League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Absolute noob at this. Picked it up a few days ago. Would love to play some boardsies. Anyone still play?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

will probably be playing later on tonight, have been away mostly for couple weeks, am guessing will be rusty :p

CraigM84 wrote: »
    will probably be playing later on tonight, have been away mostly for couple weeks, am guessing will be rusty :p

I'll be on myself, steam name "Honeymnstr" ;)

ill be on in about 45 mins or so if anyone is up for few games, couldnt find ya on steam Honey Monster.

me on steam : mad_ma84

I was on from about 6-9.... Then I got the call for booze so another night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Voide

I have sunk in 50 hours to the game and i play with a steam controller. Its so easy go bind the keys you want for it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I have 345 hours clocked up on it but these day stick to the hockey game only in case some folk were wondering why I no longer play with them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Voide

Ponster wrote: »
    I have 345 hours clocked up on it but these day stick to the hockey game only in case some folk were wondering why I no longer play with them :)

The hockey game mode is the best one avaliable. Unlike hoops that no body likes :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

update.....and now we have micro transactions, just beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

update.....and now we have micro transactions, just beautiful

Not really a big deal as it's just car accessories, and you can turn off notifications of crate drops in the options if it's not something you care about. It's just like weapon skins in CSGO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Yeah, anyone who complains about those transactions is really just looking for something to complain about. They can be completely disabled, and you're not going to be forced to buy or use them. It's purely cosmetic. Some people care about their car, personally, I don't give a toss. It just feels like "Let's forget about the the excellent FREE content we've gotten from the devs!"

hey im against micro-transactions in all but free to play games, i hate them, I think them along with pre order bonuses etc. are destroying gaming. I love Rocket league but it does annoy the crap out of me (i dont care if its purely cosmetic) when i see this ****e seep into the game. If their looking for more cash bring out more cars/tracks as dlc not this penny and diming crap

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Leave them at it I would have dropped a few quid for rumble mode tbh. So much fun and seems to keep the serious types who rage quit after going a goal behind out.

yeah same as love rumble mode

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

rumble mode is a load of pish, without ranking to risk its just boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

I never play ranking anyway. It's a video game I play to have fun and unwind. People take it too seriously even in the regular game mode. Giving out to team mates or sarcastically abusing them for mistakes.

It's the norm for them to test out a game mode in non-ranked, probably to see if it sticks. I definitely think this has more longevity than Snow Day and Hoops, so I suspect we will see it in its own Ranked playlist next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭TheKells

chrislad wrote: »
    It's the norm for them to test out a game mode in non-ranked, probably to see if it sticks. I definitely think this has more longevity than Snow Day and Hoops, so I suspect we will see it in its own Ranked playlist next season.

You think so?

I'd be surprised due to the 'luck' involved in getting the different power ups. In certain circumstances, different powers are far more useful and you don't get to pick them so it could lead to things outside of the players control having too large a role for ranked match imo.

TheKells wrote: »
    You think so?

I'd be surprised due to the 'luck' involved in getting the different power ups. In certain circumstances, different powers are far more useful and you don't get to pick them so it could lead to things outside of the players control having too large a role for ranked match imo.

I don't mean that it will go into the current ranked rotation, that wouldn't' make sense, as the core gameplay is changed. I mean, more like a separate Rumble ranked playlist, rather than going into the general rotation like maps.

is it just me or has the community in this game gotten super toxic lately! playing non ranked doubles is horrible with the memebrigade ez game asshats

• Advertisement

just a heads up, if ever re installing windows, copy your rocket league folder from my documents if you want you lvl and items to stay.

installed a fresh copy of 7 there on saturday and was reset back to lvl 1 rookie, horrible to see and have to start over

surely its all saved through steam no? i access rocket league through my surface pro as well as my desktop, all stuff is synced to steam

surely its all saved through steam no? i access rocket league through my surface pro as well as my desktop, all stuff is synced to steam

Same as. I've steam on my PC and laptop and stats/items are always synced.

doesnt appear to be, ive read that your rank is kept on steam cloud, but your stats, lvl and items are stored local, and after trying several times to sync with what i had i've come to believe about those bits stored local.

going from legend to rookie is a right so and so...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

is it just me or has the community in this game gotten super toxic lately! playing non ranked doubles is horrible with the memebrigade ez game asshats

I've found this too. Lots more people calling others noobs and saying nasty stuff about team mates. It sucks, it used to feel very friendly!

yeah feels like im back in league of legends again ffs, im not even that bad ( not great either ) and still getting arsehats moaning about this and that that ive done wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

It's usually the guy with the least amount of points and can't hit the ball to save his life that does the most complaining. I taken to just muting them if they start. Been noticing a lot of players leaving ranked games when they go a goal or 2 down in the first couple of minutes which is worse imo. Sometimes we come back to win games or lose by a goal, if only we had that extra man. Don't leave games early...

yup ive had people leave when one goal has gone in!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

People who annoy are friendlies who constantly crash into the back of my when I'm waiting to pounce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Anyone for some games on steam today? Just got it for PC. I'm fairly alright though having played a bit on ps4, and ps3. ;)

Advertisement