Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rocket League

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

I am a novice player, being a later adopter. So far enjoying the causal gaming element of it, 10m at the end of the day against Bots is relaxing. Though when I do on occasion play online, I can see the issues raised by other posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

At least you can play. Still wont launch for me. I've sent tickets on their official support forum. Emailed them. Nothing. I'd have more success trying to teach a brick how to play chess.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

jaxxx wrote: »
    At least you can play. Still wont launch for me. I've sent tickets on their official support forum. Emailed them. Nothing. I'd have more success trying to teach a brick how to play chess.

I don't normally recommend this but it seems to be how things are accomplished nowadays. :( Make a fuss on either reddit or their social media page e.g facebook.

Scored this goal yesterday, or well, almost did.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

brilliant :D haha

• Advertisement

I love steals :D

(But for the names were visible I'd have been worried that was me. :o)

I was FUMING

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

ahahahahaha pure rage at that steal. hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Haha feckin' thieves what can you do

• Registered Users Posts: 17,408 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I don't mind steals at all, I just wanna win!!

• Advertisement

I don't mind steals at all, I just wanna win!!

That's what i tell myself everytime I steal someone else's goal. :D

You guys are the worst.

Anyone want a few games now?

Aaaaaand I'm done with this game.

The community is absolute poison. I't puts me in terrible form even after a few minutes of playing.

Community is rotten to the core.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Aaaaaand I'm done with this game.

The community is absolute poison. I't puts me in terrible form even after a few minutes of playing.

Community is rotten to the core.

i tend to agree, I am coming up to 200 hours and i think once i hit that number I am removing the game. I dont play anything else because of it at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

wow am close to hitting 800hrs and still loving this, fair enough you can get the odd Di**head here and there, or in that unlucky situation where you get put with the same Di**head for several matches in a row, but wouldnt let them influence my addiction to RL :P

CraigM84 wrote: »
    wow am close to hitting 800hrs and still loving this, fair enough you can get the odd Di**head here and there, or in that unlucky situation where you get put with the same Di**head for several matches in a row, but wouldnt let them influence my addiction to RL :P

After 800 hours I think you've got a decent rank. I'm about 80 hours in and only prospect elite.... I get put with idiots...all the time.

speaking of which, gotta feed the addiction...

if anyones up for am on steam : mad-ma84

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Over 1100 hours (some of which is idling).

The community is a mixed bag, but generally worse in lower ranks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Daz1989

Lower levels are just full of people being pricks, just mute them. Should be fun if they do an MMR reset again with new season.

Theres a new game mode out today called dropshot:

• Advertisement

Looking forward to playing it when I get home after 4. If anyone wants to team up add me (on PS4).

Anyone else taking forever to get into games?

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Anyone else taking forever to get into games?

Seen a tweet from them about 30 mins ago saying they are looking into server issues

yeah managed to get 2 matches in the last half hour due to taking forever to connect, found it quite frustrating so quit RL for another day :(

Dropshot is so much fun, it'd have beeen so much better though if they didn't reset the skill levels. Ball chasers! Ball chasers everywhere! So let me clarify:
    Private games of dropshot loads of fun!
    Public games, many of them like sucking a lemon, after brushing your teeth and eating an orange, and pretending you're enjoying it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I have been tempted by this game for a while, but I wonder has the online community died down... is there a boards league?

eyerer wrote: »
    I have been tempted by this game for a while, but I wonder has the online community died down... is there a boards league?

It's always in the top 10 most played games on steam and has cross play so you can play with and against PS4 and Xbox One players so it's very active. You can pick it up for around €10 which is a steal for the amount of hours you'll get out of it.

I seen over 200k players were online the night dropshot was released. That's incredibly high numbers. I'd say it's definitely in the top 3 most played online multiplayers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

This game really hasnt' clicked with me yet. What do people reckon are the best tips/tricks videos for beginners that might dull the pain / improve up on losing (all the time).

• Advertisement

This game really hasnt' clicked with me yet. What do people reckon are the best tips/tricks videos for beginners that might dull the pain / improve up on losing (all the time).

Spending time in training definitely helps. I always tell friends to practice Goalie all-star at the start, it'll help you learn to fly while also learning to protect your goal. Aerial pro also to practice flying. There's plenty of videos online if you need more advanced training tips but the training ingame is very good for improving yourself. You'll always get paired with randoms that just want to ball chase tho :(

Advertisement