Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rocket League

Options
  • 12-07-2015 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭

anyone getting it?
    cross platform for ps4 and pc
    was looking at a few streams of it, and it sold me,
    its actually genuinely fun to play.

if you want someone to team up with feel free to add me,
    br4tpr1nc3 on steam

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Yeah got about 10 hours into it already. Amazingly fun game. I normally play with 2/3 other PC users and thrash the other team most of the time.

Steam username: suicidalsid/cherryghost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Very tempted. Will see later this evening...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

bought it but not getting any connection to servers :\

Think they're having issues atm. I'll try again later or tomorrow.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Servers are currently down.

Had no issues over the weekend myself but long story short the response to the game was so overwhelming they couldn't meet demand last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

it is a very fun game!
    its a good change from how serious cs can get when playing competetive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Is it really worth €20 though?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Yes
    Great answer. So what do you get for your €20 besides a basic multiplayer ball game?

Great answer. So what do you get for your €20 besides a basic multiplayer ball game?

:P

Season mode (career), split screen local/online multiplayer, HATS for your cars, cross-platform mode with PS4 users, free upcoming DLC including more maps/modes.

I've played the original and love it to death, this is much more polished and refined. I spent my evenings saying '1 more game' only to realize its 3 in the morning. Doesn't hurt the fact that I'm amazing at the game anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,007 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

For €20 on launch what more do you want? I've had it a week (if even), and it has to be one of the best €20s I have spent on a game in a long time.

I think you are selling it a bit short calling it a "basic multiplayer ball game", it's much deeper than it appears, there is a huge skill ceiling.

My steam name is witnessmenow if anyone wants to add me

Edit: the only thing I would say about cherry's list is the crossplay doesn't really work (or at least not how I would expect), you can happen to be in the same server as PS4 players, but you cant play with/against specific people from ps4. Apparently its in the works though

• Advertisement

For €20 on launch what more do you want? I've had it a week (if even), and it has to be one of the best €20s I have spent on a game in a long time.

I think you are selling it a bit short calling it a "basic multiplayer ball game", it's much deeper than it appears, there is a huge skill ceiling.

My steam name is witnessmenow if anyone wants to add me

Edit: the only thing I would say about cherry's list is the crossplay doesn't really work (or at least not how I would expect), you can happen to be in the same server as PS4 players, but you cant play with/against specific people from ps4. Apparently its in the works though

yet!
    they did says its high on their priority list to get cross platforms parties working,
    they need to get help from both sony and steam

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

Added a few of ye there now! Played the original but this is far more polished and looks great imo!

Completed my first league and lost the playoff final in overtime! :(

Time to dip my toes into online now (if the servers are up!!)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I bought it yesterday after finding this thread. After 2 hours I had to go to bed but considered getting up at 1 to give it another 3 minutes.

Highly addictive and very, very fun.

I could do with someone telling me how to better judge the fall of the ball. I keep on overshooting it and missing my jumps.

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    yet!
    they did says its high on their priority list to get cross platforms parties working,
    they need to get help from both sony and steam

Well I did say it was "in the works" :pac:

I don't think they do need help for sony and steam, I posted an idea on their subreddit that they should use a unique room code for parties (which would be platform independant) and it sounds like they already had plans to go down that route

Link

A review that sums up my feelings on the game : http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/07/15/rocket-league-review

p.s. shouldn't this thread be in the General Gaming forum as for once it's an actual cross-platform game ???

Has anyone managed to play online yet? The last 2 nights I've tried the servers have been down. I'm usually on around 8 or 9.

ive been able to get a few games in,
    sometimes it can take a while to get in,
    try setting the regions to europe and us east

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Playstation plus = free:p

Has anyone managed to play online yet? The last 2 nights I've tried the servers have been down. I'm usually on around 8 or 9.

I've played for 2+ hours over the past 2 days. Generally in the evening and always selecting US servers but generally finding myself on European servers.

I was playing last night fine, but was running into issues the night before ok.

• Advertisement

Got in 2 online games last night! So much fun!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Downloading atm if anyone about

Anyone fancy setting up a team for a EU tournament???

I've added a few of ye already, anyone interested add me.

Edit: Sign ups closed! :( Maybe next time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Thinking about buying this - Anyone up for a few games ?

2 epic saves in the one match last night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

dreamers75 wrote: »
    2 epic saves in the one match last night :D

Anyone fancy a few games? Add sendmorecops on steam. Totally addicted to thus game.

I will be on later, has anyone figured out how to play vs PS4 players that you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Heard this was free for PSN+ members, so might give it a spin on PS4 first before buying on Pc.

Does look fun, but not sure about the replay value and if I'd be arsed after a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

TheDoc wrote: »
    Heard this was free for PSN+ members, so might give it a spin on PS4 first before buying on Pc.

Does look fun, but not sure about the replay value and if I'd be arsed after a few hours.

It's very addictive and frustrating at times.

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I will be on later, has anyone figured out how to play vs PS4 players that you know?

I don't think that it's available yet.

Advertisement