Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Player Watchlist 2015-2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

zerks wrote: »
    A Norwich defender for Mr.P,Andre Wisdom has joined them on loan.
    FHFC wrote: »
    Sadly he's 4.5 same as the existing Norwich defender options and only muddies the waters fpl wise....

That's a strange one. Might compete with Whittaker and Martin at RB or for a CB spot but based on his actual footballing performances last season not sure he's as good or any better than what they've got.

Excluding any bias he's not really any better than Turner, Bennett or Bassong while Martin is captain he's not a fantastic CB.

My Norwich journalists haven't even mentioned him yet so we'll wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Brady to Norwich for £8m confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

there's no way they paying 8mill for brady to keep him on bench. interesting what price he comes in at

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

CSF wrote: »
    Probably me too but not from the start.

Ye gw 3 or 4 to fund Aguero for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭Invincible

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    there's no way they paying 8mill for brady to keep him on bench. interesting what price he comes in at

Possibly 5.5/6.0M, unless last year's injury keeps his price down, wonder could he be on penalties too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

8-10 wrote: »
    You're counting a cup goal v Rochdale? I agree it was an improvement but he's not a good player and not a good fantasy option in my book.

They all count!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Lemlin wrote: »
    They all count!

Not in fantasy terms they don't!

Invincible wrote: »
    Possibly 5.5/6.0M, unless last year's injury keeps his price down, wonder could he be on penalties too?

I'm hoping his modest returns fpl wise last year keep him cheap. Great fixtures punt option at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

What ye think about Adam Johnson in a team. He has scored well in last 5 seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

What ye think about Adam Johnson in a team. He has scored well in last 5 seasons.

Very much a streak player, can go on fantastic runs for FPL but then very little and can never seem to be guaranteed his place, PaullyD will let us know if that is likely to change. Has he been cleared of any misdoings legally??
    I like him as an FPL player, I had him throughout his very good run two years ago, remember he was dropped one Monday night but came on and scored, think it was a huge goal for me at the time for whatever reason. If he stays in the team he could easily be a 150 point guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Sunderland don't score that many goals; I'd rather a Palace mid in that bracket

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

You're probably right but there's likely to be a wide spread of goals/assists and competition for places in the Palace midfield. You'd think that if Johnson plays every week and hits a bit of form he could be instrumental in quite a high percentage of Sunderland goals.
    I'm only saying that I wouldn't rule him out, he could well be worth the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭Invincible

I'm hoping his modest returns fpl wise last year keep him cheap. Great fixtures punt option at least.

If he's fit and hits form of couple of seasons ago, he'll be an ideal 4th mid. What was he last season starting, 5.0 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

For me, he's too streaky a player and Sunderland don't create enough chances to seriously consider him for now IMO.

If you look at Johnson's detailed stats, you'll notice that he tends to go on a 4 or 5 week burst where he'll get the vast majority of his points and then it's very much unpredictable with a goal here and an assist there scattered over a large number of weeks. It was over the Christmas period last season where he got 3 of his 4 goals and 1 of his 3 assists from 21st December-1st January. There's also the fact that Sunderland created the lowest amount of chances in the league last season by quite a distance and as of right now haven't addressed the problem sufficiently. Also, his trial date is set for August 24th so it remains to be seen whether he'll even start the first two games of the season or if he'll be left out/on the bench until it's all over.

Don't get me wrong, I like his price point and I think he could quite easily score in the 130 point range and lead in that price bracket, ideally it should be he and Lens as the wide forwards every week, but I'd wait until his trial is finished before seriously looking at him.

Certainly a player that belongs in this thread though.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

They'll do better this year. Aj to get England call up.

They'll do better this year. Aj to get England call up.

If Sunderland don't sign at least a creative central player and a striker, I'd be absolutely astonished if they're not one of the lowest scorers in the league and in a massive relegation battle again this coming season.

Johnson could even be playing for HMP Durham by the beginning of September.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

8-10 wrote: »
    Not in fantasy terms they don't!

In terms of assessing form and performance they do!

James Chester to WBA for £8m confirmed.

Unfortunately you'd have to think he'll come in at 5m.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

James Chester to WBA for £8m confirmed.

Unfortunately you'd have to think he'll come in at 5m.

Unfortunately you'll have to work out who he is dislodging as at that price he'll be a starter. So who, besides Chester, is Pulis's No.1 starting centre back ?

tomaussie wrote: »
    Unfortunately you'll have to work out who he is dislodging as at that price he'll be a starter. So who, besides Chester, is Pulis's No.1 starting centre back ?

Lescott.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Paully D wrote: »
    Lescott.

Nope. Lescott has been playing left fullback under Pulis.

Dawson.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

the left of 3 centre backs i thought. McCauley the middle one and Dawson the right

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

WBA occasionally played Lescott---McAuley----Olsson----Cawson but a majority of the time Brunt played LB and Olsson was bench. I'd guess Chester will start over McAuley

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

I think Ashley Young could be great value at 6.0 if he nails down a starting spot. LVG seems to like him and he was fantastic at the end of last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭skippy15

Dr. Bre wrote: »

ye one of the few players that price tag is everything-
    At 5 I would get him, but can see him coming in at 6 in which case will have hit big form and fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

MarkSRFC21 wrote:
    I think Ashley Young could be great value at 6.0 if he nails down a starting spot. LVG seems to like him and he was fantastic at the end of last season.

... would you feel the same way if he ends up at spurs? (I know that's a big IF)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

... would you feel the same way if he ends up at spurs? (I know that's a big IF)

Hmm. I don't really know. I think deep down I just don't trust Spurs in ff for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

I really can't see that happening at this point. I could be wrong, but I think he's started most of Utd's pre-season games (that's not a lot to go by) but he definitely seems to be in LvG's plans. I think at 6.0, Young is a good shout for a cheapish midfielder with the potential for good returns.

In saying that, I had Young in my team last year. I think he started at 5.5 and with LvG's tactics at the start of last year, he played Young in a wing back position, I thought Young was going to be a great bargain. Didn't turn out that way though :/

He won't be in my team for GW1, but he's definitely one to keep an eye on at 6.0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭bicboy6666

Lambert going straight in my basket if he moves to WBA.

Advertisement