Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Player Watchlist 2015-2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭sheroman01

manual_man wrote: »
    Joe Gomez playing at LB in Liverpool's friendly this morning (Clyne RB Skrtel+Sakho CB). Best defender on the pitch in the first half

Doesn't seem to be in Fantasy yet. Any idea how much he'll cost? Hardly 5.0m?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Doesn't seem to be in Fantasy yet. Any idea how much he'll cost? Hardly 5.0m?

Yeah was surprised to see he wasn't listed yet though there was suggestions he might go out on loan. 4.5 or 5 you'd have to imagine he'd be priced

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

... a man could lose the run of himself and pick a full squad based on the thread if wasn't careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Gomez starts again for liverpool

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Gomez starts again for liverpool

He's been great in that first half! Best player on the pitch arguably.

When are they going to add him to the game? Should be 4.5m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Patrick Bamford has joined Palace on loan from Chelsea - will have to wait and see his price.

Lot of talk about Norwich midfielders in this thread and I think they have good fixtures to start with - from seeing a few of their games toward the end of the season I would have thought Nathan Redmond at 5.5m was a good pick?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Patrick Bamford has joined Palace on loan from Chelsea - will have to wait and see his price.

Lot of talk about Norwich midfielders in this thread and I think they have good fixtures to start with - from seeing a few of their games toward the end of the season I would have thought Nathan Redmond at 5.5m was a good pick?

They seem likely to sign Robbie Brady, who depending on price could be a good option.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Ronaldo Aarons

... was thinking about him as an option when I read about him signing a new contract a few days ago. Someone else (jimmii I think) mentioned him in the general discussion thread too.

I had him for a short time last season before a succession of injuries. Definitely adding to my watch list.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Jordan Ibe scored a cracker today, 30secs in:

https://youtu.be/fOsHC-L4mZc

Would be a steal at 5.0 if you could guarantee gametime

• Registered Users Posts: 16,731 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Any Watford fans out there? What about Irish Tom Hoban? I'm wondering will he start the majority of games next season. He's 4.0m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Trilla wrote: »
    Any Watford fans out there? What about Irish international TTom Hoban? I'm wondering will he start the majority of games next season. He's 4.0m

Not a Watford fan but I think its fair to say we definitely won't be seeing him start the majority of games next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Bojan looks likely to be fit for the new season,he played earlier in a friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

delph a steal at 5.5?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    delph a steal at 5.5?

Hardly a steal. He'll be lucky to get a game ahead of City's current stars. I think he was signed just to fill City's homegrown quota.

delph a steal at 5.5?

When is a defensive mid ever a steal?? Even if he was gonna play every game, which he isn't.

Sorry but am in blunt mode today. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

delph a steal at 5.5?

Actually the opposite, IMO. Considering that he'll most likely play quite deep and rarely start league games, he's one of the worst value £5.5m midfielders for me.

The top scorers in that price bracket from last season (Ki, Larsson, Brunt, Colback, Mahrez) and newcomers such as Redmond and Johnson should blow him out of the water in terms of points.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,731 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

jimmii wrote: »
    Not a Watford fan but I think its fair to say we definitely won't be seeing him start the majority of games next season.

He started a good few games last season no? I'm struggling to find any 4.0m worth buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,646 ✭✭✭✭dahat

He started a good few games last season no? I'm struggling to find any 4.0m worth buying.

S.Taylor of Newcastle is my 4.0

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Right now Saylor looks to be the only possible 4m starter. Targett might get a chance but definitely not a long term option.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Baker for Villa too maybe. Good defender, tho was injured ALOT last season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Baker needs either Richards or Clark to get injured. I'm on Saylor, but not too confident of him starting with the new Anderlecht CB on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Saylor only starts if Collo is sold. Otherwise it's Collo and Mbemba

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Slight possibility Baker might be off to Burnley as well (second last para) -

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/27/football-transfer-rumours-chelsea-juan-cuadrado-juventus

Pinch of salt with that one though, that column just regurgitates all the rumours from various sources.

Colking wrote: »
    Saylor only starts if Collo is sold. Otherwise it's Collo and Mbemba

Yeah, I'd say thats pretty much on the money. Reasonable chance Colo will go though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

FHFC wrote: »
    Yeah, I'd say thats pretty much on the money. Reasonable chance Colo will go though.

If Pardew is willing to give us £6m or so for him I'd bite his hand off ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Robbie brady heading to Norwich. will be on my watchlist

Definitely. His price will be crucial. I'd suspect around 6.0 which wouldn't be bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Definitely. His price will be crucial. I'd suspect around 6.0 which wouldn't be bad.

I'm intrigued to see where he'll play or who the casualty in first 11 will be. Brad Johnson could drop back into the double pivot in midfield.

Presumably LW is his spot. Hoolahan doesn't strike me as getting a lot of consistent starts though at CAM

Tettey - Mulumbu
    Redmond - Wessi - Johnson
    Jerome

Is how I'd see things right now with Howson and Hoolahan competing for the CAM role.

Brady is all but confirmed officially now anyway

I'm intrigued to see where he'll play or who the casualty in first 11 will be. Brad Johnson could drop back into the double pivot in midfield.

Presumably LW is his spot. Hoolahan doesn't strike me as getting a lot of consistent starts though at CAM

Tettey - Mulumbu
    Redmond - Wessi - Johnson
    Jerome

Is how I'd see things right now with Howson and Hoolahan competing for the CAM role.

Brady is all but confirmed officially now anyway

He could be continuing his evolution into a wing back or attacking fb. Even reverse oop with his crossing, set pieces and maybe a bite at pens he could be worth it.

Who takes Norwich pens currently ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

He could be continuing his evolution into a wing back or attacking fb. Even reverse oop with his crossing, set pieces and maybe a bite at pens he could be worth it.

Who takes Norwich pens currently ?

Hoolahan tends to take them if he plays but I'm not sure after that. I'll get back to you on it but I have Grabban in my head but his starts are far from guaranteed. Probably Johnson but I don't recall. Brady would see most of the set pieces though you'd imagine which would diminish Redmond as he'd take some corners as is.

Olson is their LB when fit and I'd be flabbergasted if he was dislodged.

Advertisement