Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Player Watchlist 2015-2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Hoolahan tends to take them if he plays but I'm not sure after that. I'll get back to you on it but I have Grabban in my head but his starts are far from guaranteed. Probably Johnson but I don't recall. Brady would see most of the set pieces though you'd imagine which would diminish Redmond as he'd take some corners as is.

Olson is their LB when fit and I'd be flabbergasted if he was dislodged.

Yeah. Hardly gonna take lb so. Might have a shout for pens.....

At 7m he's surely gonna be nailed on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,329 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Ibrahim Afellay, if he comes in at 7.0 or less he's in my team

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

Dare I say, Ashley Young! 6.0 and will most likely be on the left wing for a majority of United's season, if they don't sign someone else for that position.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,910 ✭✭✭✭CSF

8-10 wrote: »

He hasn't done much in years though, right?

CSF wrote: »

Yep, not good enough for Barca truth be told. Bad move for him. Smart buy by Stoke. The reason I'm saying 7.0 is that any higher and I'd prefer Payet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

CSF wrote: »

Right. He could very well be like Elia last year. I bought Elia based on his previous reputation/performances and slowly but surely his value plummeted.

I'd like to see Afellay do well, but I wouldn't go for him from GW1.

Yep, not good enough for Barca truth be told. Bad move for him. Smart buy by Stoke. The reason I'm saying 7.0 is that any higher and I'd prefer Payet

I think Payet is a better option in any case unless you can get Affelay in there for cheapie prices 6.0 or less.

Pete Moss wrote: »
    Right. He could very well be like Elia last year. I bought Elia based on his previous reputation/performances and slowly but surely his value plummeted.

I'd like to see Afellay do well, but I wouldn't go for him from GW1.

Yeah that's probably true. I'll definitely have him in my Ultimate team from GW1 was my thinking. Harder to justify him in the FPL team

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Hughes is a master at turning his type of case around e.g. Benni McCarthy, Santa Cruz, Craig Bellamy. Took them all when they had problems at bigger clubs and got them firing again.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Hughes is a master at turning his type of case around e.g. Benni McCarthy, Santa Cruz, Craig Bellamy. Took them all when they had problems at bigger clubs and got them firing again.

Can't turn around Bojan though he's still useless

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

He was actually coming good last season just when he got injured. He scored on 6th December, 26th December, 17th January and 26th January and was having a decent run of form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

I wouldn't completely write him off yet. Before he got injured last year (I think he hasn't played since January with an ACL?) he scored some good goals and was starting to look decent.

He got an assist in their last pre-season against Brentford and he's someone I'll be putting on my watch list.

He was actually coming good last season just when he got injured. He scored on 6th December, 26th December, 17th January and 26th January and was having a decent run of form.

You're counting a cup goal v Rochdale? I agree it was an improvement but he's not a good player and not a good fantasy option in my book.

I don't think Affelay fits into the same category as these guys. These are all lads who had quite an accomplished career but went off the boil (before proceeding to become sh*t again before long). Affelay has never been more than potential.

At PSV he looked like he would go onto great things, and then he went onto the perfect club to go and do them for (a club who gives young players a chance and he was given a chance with lots of substitute appearances) but for whatever reason he just never ended up being very good. A rich man's Freddie Adu if you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Bojan had really turned a corner before that injury ended his season. Very unfair to say that, although he'll need time to get up and running before any consideration this year obviously.

Bojan had really turned a corner before that injury ended his season. Very unfair to say that, although he'll need time to get up and running before any consideration this year obviously.

Even if he was fit for the whole season how many would you expect him to score? There's too many other options for fantasy that will score 10+ goals next season, Bojan won't get beyond 8, and that's if he's very very lucky. His goalscoring record is very poor.

I've watched him a lot and he's not really any good, but there's this perception that he is, I'm guessing because he was good as a teenager?

There's better options in that price bracket, I'd definitely avoid.

Even if he was fit for the whole season how many would you expect him to score? There's too many other options for fantasy that will score 10+ goals next season, Bojan won't get beyond 8, and that's if he's very very lucky. His goalscoring record is very poor.

I've watched him a lot and he's not really any good, but there's this perception that he is, I'm guessing because he was good as a teenager?

I wouldn't take him in straight away but he is part of an established side that could be making decent inroads this year and his natural position is to sit in the hole so he can seriously benefit from this.

The other options in his price range are Deeney, Wilson and Ighalo. Ighalo might lose out as Watford often go for a loan striker but all 3 of them are from newly promoted sides who I think will struggle more than Stoke this season and will probably play quite negative football at stages to get safety points on board.

Colking wrote: »
    I wouldn't take him in straight away but he is part of an established side that could be making decent inroads this year and his natural position is to sit in the hole so he can seriously benefit from this.

The other options in his price range are Deeney, Wilson and Ighalo. Ighalo might lose out as Watford often go for a loan striker but all 3 of them are from newly promoted sides who I think will struggle more than Stoke this season and will probably play quite negative football at stages to get safety points on board.

Will Kozak get his game for Villa with Benteke gone? Don't think he'll score many either but looking for cheapies for my Ultimate FPL team

Will Kozak get his game for Villa with Benteke gone? Don't think he'll score many either but looking for cheapies for my Ultimate FPL team

Doubtfull, he'll be a serious rotation risk I think. Ayoze Perez will get his game with Newcastle though and he could be good for some assists. I can't see him getting may goals as he won't be the main striker but is a good bet in a 4 3 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭slogging...it

What's everyone's taughts.on Bamford as an.option? Has had two good loan spells could be a few snakey others might not have considered???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Last year he got 59 points in 1200mins.
    Just at a very rough calculation
    Going on the same trajectory that leaves him at approx 150 pts for 3000mins , which would have left him around pelle/berahinos score (both played nearly 3000 mins). Not bad considering his price, and definitely an option for a budget forward

What's everyone's taughts.on Bamford as an.option? Has had two good loan spells could be a few snakey others might not have considered???

If he's getting gametime could be excellent.

Last year he got 59 points in 1200mins.
    Just at a very rough calculation
    Going on the same trajectory that leaves him at approx 150 pts for 3000mins , which would have left him around pelle/berahinos score (both played nearly 3000 mins). Not bad considering his price, and definitely an option for a budget forward

:) Be my guest. Everybody is entitled to select whomever they wish. I've just watched a lot of his games and wanted to share the caveat. He's priced that cheaply for a reason. I said the same thing before the start of last season when I think he was the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Adebayor travelling to Villa to speak to them. He's priced at £6m in the game. He's also in a contract year which generally results in him being somewhat motivated so could/should be very good value at that price.

We're definitely going to need starters at that price range if we're to get the likes of Hazard, Aguero, Sanchez and Rooney into our teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

:) Be my guest. Everybody is entitled to select whomever they wish. I've just watched a lot of his games and wanted to share the caveat. He's priced that cheaply for a reason. I said the same thing before the start of last season when I think he was the same price.

Obviously if you compare him to Kane/Austin last year he doesn't compare.

I seen him live spurs v Stoke last season and thought he was the best player on the pitch and got a goal as well. Maybe slightly swayed by this. I know he didn't start off well, but I think he was doing really well before he got injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

A Norwich defender for Mr.P,Andre Wisdom has joined them on loan.

zerks wrote: »
    A Norwich defender for Mr.P,Andre Wisdom has joined them on loan.

Sadly he's 4.5 same as the existing Norwich defender options and only muddies the waters fpl wise....

Paully D wrote: »
    Adebayor - He's also in a contract year which generally results in him being somewhat motivated so could/should be very good value at that price.

How very very true. This guy speeds up just enough to get a decent contract rise/new contract and then takes the foot off the accelerator.

Some would say he not only takes the foot off but slams on the brakes, pulls the handbrake. puts it into reverse and throws a parachute out the sunroof. Maybe that's a tiny bit harsh though ;) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Paully D wrote: »
    Adebayor travelling to Villa to speak to them. He's priced at £6m in the game. He's also in a contract year which generally results in him being somewhat motivated so could/should be very good value at that price.

We're definitely going to need starters at that price range if we're to get the likes of Hazard, Aguero, Sanchez and Rooney into our teams.

If he moves there he will definetly be in my team

• Advertisement

If he moves there he will definetly be in my team

Probably me too but not from the start.

Advertisement