Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Player Watchlist 2015-2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

iba wrote: »
    Wouldn't O'Shea be a better option at 4.5m?

I have O'Shea. Risk is him getting rest with Coates and Kaboul there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Who's the most likely 4m defenders to play lads?

Really struggling to fit everyone in that I want and I really amn't up to date at all :(

SantryRed wrote: »
    Who's the most likely 4m defenders to play lads?

Really struggling to fit everyone in that I want and I really amn't up to date at all :(

Saylor should start the season and might be nailed if Colo is sold. Targett will start the first match or two until Bertrand is back. Rest of them won't see any starts unless something changes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Saylor should start the season and might be nailed if Colo is sold. Targett will start the first match or two until Bertrand is back. Rest of them won't see any starts unless something changes

I've been tracking Saylors prospects and its not looking great. May get the first game or 2 but they'll probably sign somebody if colo goes. Fans don't seem to rate Saylor and he played badly in their last friendly. Bertrand meant to be back ahead of expectations so Targett may only get one game, two max.

I've pretty much given up.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I'm not bothering with saylor the fixtures are terrible.

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    I've been tracking Saylors prospects and its not looking great. May get the first game or 2 but they'll probably sign somebody if colo goes. Fans don't seem to rate Saylor and he played badly in their last friendly. Bertrand meant to be back ahead of expectations so Targett may only get one game, two max.

I've pretty much given up.

I have to have a 4m so will just hope for best on Saylor. He played 90' today and Mbemba came on for Janmaat

I have to have a 4m so will just hope for best on Saylor. He played 90' today and Mbemba came on for Janmaat

I'm thinking of keeping him in even if i never play him. Rotating Norwich, Sunderland and Bournemouth for 2 places gives ok fixtures with one expensive def. If Newcastle start with Saylor and Williamson with those fixtures you wouldn't be going near them anyhow.

Actually Targett even for one game might be better now I think about it. Although be concerned his price would drop like a stone when Bertie returns.

He would only get a look in at my starting lineup GW6 against Watford. And even then maybe not

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Scott Sinclair hat-trick away to Forest today. Might be interesting @ £5m?

8 goals & 5 assists in his only full season as a starter...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,910 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Dice75 wrote: »
    Scott Sinclair hat-trick away to Forest today. Might be interesting @ £5m?

8 goals & 5 assists in his only full season as a starter...

5 is very cheap, but with the amount of attacking players Villa are signing he won't have it easy for starts.

Before the hattrick today I definitely wouldn't have had him down as a starter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

SantryRed wrote:
    Really struggling to fit everyone in that I want and I really amn't up to date at all

What about Burke at Westham

Or Baker at erh .... villa (is it?)

West Ham have Ogbonna, Reid, and Tomkins for CB. Villa start Richards and Clark

There just isn't one as yet. Trust me! Unfortunately all of the signings like Caulker and Chester were players not in the game before they moved. That's where you usually get the reasonably safe 4.0.

Can't see any likely loans either. 4.5 is the new 4.0 people.

Hmmm...

I'm going with 3-4-3
    My back 3 is pretty strong

Ivanovic - Bellerin - Lescott

But my other two defenders are Saylor and Baker at the moment. I don't see myself rotating them at all. I think I can ride out the first 3 or 4 weeks with those 3 until a few cheapie defenders come to the forefront

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Hmmm...

I'm going with 3-4-3

But my other two defenders are Saylor and Baker at the moment. I don't see myself rotating them at all. I think I can ride out the first 3 or 4 weeks with those 3 until a few cheapie defenders come to the forefront
    lescott was not in the west brom squad yday amid rumours of a move to villa!

km79 wrote:
    lescott was not in the west brom squad yday amid rumours of a move to villa!

WhaaaAAA ... no way I'm touching him under Sherwood.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Hmmm...

I'm going with 3-4-3

Lest has City and Chelsea in the first 3 weeks, even with Pulis I'm staying away from WBA to start

Shedite27 wrote:
    Lest has City and Chelsea in the first 3 weeks, even with Pulis I'm staying away from WBA to start

Thanks.

Food for thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

Mahrez anyone?

2 goals and 4 assist in pre season. Takes and fks and cks and have fixtures.

Should be nailed:

vs Lincon City 45 min (whole squad changed after 1st half)
    vs Mansfield 62min
    vs Burton Albion (wasn't in the squad, lot of reservers inc.)
    vs Roterham 90 mins
    vs Birmingham 90 mins

Mahrez anyone?

He's my 5th midfielder for my bench.

.. have to admit that was mostly a budget decision. I didn't realise his pre season was as good.

• Advertisement

Anyone looking at Wilson for Bournemouth? 2 seasons of over 20 goals. In lower leagues, true. But could be a good budget striker at 5.5

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

does anyone here follow Dutch football? i just can't get over how good Wijnaldum's goal-scoring record is, 54 goals in 143 league games over the last 5 seasons if wiki is to be believed, 14 last season from 33. granted the PL is a step-up in quality, and Newcastle's prospects are a bit iffy, but those kind of stats can't be ignored. definitely one to keep an eye on

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

manual_man wrote: »
    does anyone here follow Dutch football? i just can't get over how good Wijnaldum's goal-scoring record is, 54 goals in 143 league games over the last 5 seasons if wiki is to be believed, 14 last season from 33. granted the PL is a step-up in quality, and Newcastle's prospects are a bit iffy, but those kind of stats can't be ignored. definitely one to keep an eye on

I think it depends where he plays. Afaik he's pretty versatile and I'm sure he played deep for the Dutch in the WC last year but possibly was further advanced for PSV.

There's no rush with their fixtures so we'll get to assess a few potential options. Mitrovic could be a cracker. De Jong, Aarons and even Sissoko could be good options. I'm thinking there may be great value in the Toon if McClaren can get them going. Although that "if" hangs over them every year.

Austin could be fantastic too if he ends up there.

Mahrez anyone?

Should be nailed:

vs Lincon City 45 min (whole squad changed after 1st half)
    vs Mansfield 62min
    vs Burton Albion (wasn't in the squad, lot of reservers inc.)
    vs Roterham 90 mins
    vs Birmingham 90 mins

Had Mahrez on my radar last year, he was playing well but didn't return much until the end. Currently have him in my latest draft.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭Paddy Dreadful

Shaw or Darmian and why?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Shaw or Darmian and why?

I reckon Shaw. Van Gaal likes to make sure new players are capable of fitting in to his "philosophy" so may bench Darmian for Valencia for the first couple of games. Shaw has the benefit of a full season under his belt with Van Gaal and should be a starter.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

If DDG stays then I would still be tempted to look elsewhere in the 5.5 range (I'd have Mert, Bellerin, Clyne way ahead of them).
    If/When he goes then I don't think I'll have a United defender for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Anyone looking at Wilson for Bournemouth? 2 seasons of over 20 goals. In lower leagues, true. But could be a good budget striker at 5.5

I was including him alright but he's not on penalties, which put me off him slightly (rightly or wrongly). Kermorgant takes them, presuming Howe plays him and Wilson together.

They're at home to Villa on the opening day though... I wouldn't be surprised if there are goals from both sides there.

Delle Ali of spurs

Another decent performance in a otherwise lacklustre team tonight versus Real Madrid.

Chadli and Lamela are likely to start out wide for spurs but beyond that their only options are Lennon and Townsend, neither of which are in favour so there's every chance he will get time from the bench and push for a starting berth given how inconsistent Lamela and to a lesser extent Chadli are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭crazy8

Who is Bournemouth's main keeper this season? Boruc or Federici?

Advertisement