Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Player Watchlist 2015-2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

PARlance wrote: »
    If DDG stays then I would still be tempted to look elsewhere in the 5.5 range (I'd have Mert, Bellerin, Clyne way ahead of them).
    If/When he goes then I don't think I'll have a United defender for a long time.

Why Clyne? His aways are awful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Delle Ali of spurs

Another decent performance in a otherwise lacklustre team tonight versus Real Madrid.

Chadli and Lamela are likely to start out wide for spurs but beyond that their only options are Lennon and Townsend, neither of which are in favour so there's every chance he will get time from the bench and push for a starting berth given how inconsistent Lamela and to a lesser extent Chadli are.

He's been on my watchlist from Day one. He's a real box to box player.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Why Clyne? His aways are awful

I would favour an Arsenal def at that price for the start personally... as for "why Clyne?".... 3rd highest scoring defender with a lesser-same level team last year, 2nd highest owned player overall behind Hazard, you're not relying on CS's with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 kolczastyy

Is Jedinak still on pens in CP? He had great run at the beginning of last season before he left on national tournament. If he does it will staple together well for me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Delle Ali of spurs

Another decent performance in a otherwise lacklustre team tonight versus Real Madrid.

Chadli and Lamela are likely to start out wide for spurs but beyond that their only options are Lennon and Townsend, neither of which are in favour so there's every chance he will get time from the bench and push for a starting berth given how inconsistent Lamela and to a lesser extent Chadli are.

My Spurs brother in law from London was telling me at the weekend that Dier seems set to play DM for them, and seen it referred to a few places. Worth keeping an eye on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,677 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

FHFC wrote:
    My Spurs brother in law from London was telling me at the weekend that Dier seems set to play DM for them, and seen it referred to a few places. Worth keeping an eye on.

He played there in the 1st half again RM last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

FHFC wrote: »

Yes he's started there in the last few pre-season games.
    Partly down to the fact that we don't have any real DM's at the moment. Capoue/Stambouli both sold. Mason has also been injured and is just back (and he's not really a DM either).

Most spurs fans expect signings in both DM and ST positions at least. So that could majorly affect Dier's DM playing time.

But at this point, it does like likely that he will start in DM at least initially.

And also on Deli Ali, looked very good yesterday, a real box to box midfielder. Also got a lovely nutmeg on Luka Modric :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

kolczastyy wrote: »
    Is Jedinak still on pens in CP? He had great run at the beginning of last season before he left on national tournament. If he does it will staple together well for me

He isn't nailed anymore and we don't know if Cabaye has been promised pens (he's never missed one)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Dearg81

CSF wrote: »
    5 is very cheap, but with the amount of attacking players Villa are signing he won't have it easy for starts.

Before the hattrick today I definitely wouldn't have had him down as a starter.

Anyone know Villa's likely lineup in midfiled and upfront? I have Sincalir in my team at the moment as I thought he was going to start, he used to take penalties at Swansea so could be the bargain of the season if he nails down a regular place in the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,909 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Anyone know Villa's likely lineup in midfiled and upfront? I have Sincalir in my team at the moment as I thought he was going to start, he used to take penalties at Swansea so could be the bargain of the season if he nails down a regular place in the team.

I could give you a decent stab at it. Sinclair may have played as way into it early on with that hattrick last week, but ultimately I think he has a battle on to keep it.

He wasn't a Sherwood signing. His loan deal automatically became permanent once Villa stayed up, and Sherwood's serious spending on attacking players doesn't indicate major faith in Sinclair or Agbonlahor.

I reckon the front 6 may be Westwood/Veretout, Gueye, Grealish, Ayew, Gestede, Adebayor.

• Advertisement

I scooped up Sinclair with last pick in my draft league as a punt. Swap him for Grealish you think CSF?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,909 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I scooped up Sinclair with last pick in my draft league as a punt. Swap him for Grealish you think CSF?

It's really a matter of how he does early on I think. If he starts well, he may win Sherwood around, but I don't think he will be in the team by the 2nd half of the season when Ayew, Gestede and Adebayor have all settled in for example. Adama Traore linked too but I think Sinclair starts the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Unless I've missed something (and I'll admit I'm not overly checking the transfer news), why do people still expect Villa to sign Adebayor?

I think he and Gestede would be too similar. Sherwood for me has gone for the Benin Benteke over Ade.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭orkkukunkku

Lens at Sunderland could be good early season punt. Leicester,Norwich,Swansea,Aston Villa in first 4.

Watched Doncaster and Hannover highlights and everything seems to go through him, tends to cut in and likes to shoot.

When playing for PSV Lens scored 34 goals and 37 assists in 96 league appearances and in Dynamo Kiev 10 goals and 15 assists in 49 matches.

Lens at Sunderland could be good early season punt. Leicester,Norwich,Swansea,Aston Villa in first 4.

Watched Doncaster and Hannover highlights and everything seems to go through him, tends to cut in and likes to shoot.

When playing for PSV Lens scored 34 goals and 37 assists in 96 league appearances and in Dynamo Kiev 10 goals and 15 assists in 49 matches.

He's not too expensive at 6.5, I hadn't considered him yet but those are nice fixtures. The problem is Sunderland are pretty useless at scoring goals!

Lemlin wrote: »
    Unless I've missed something (and I'll admit I'm not overly checking the transfer news), why do people still expect Villa to sign Adebayor?

I think he and Gestede would be too similar. Sherwood for me has gone for the Benin Benteke over Ade.

I think they fell in love from their time together at Spurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭touts

Anyone looking at Wilson for Bournemouth? 2 seasons of over 20 goals. In lower leagues, true. But could be a good budget striker at 5.5

I think Wilson has to be in a team. The selection of strikers is poor and not great value. Just looking at the top 5 price wise and the 5 most likely to top the goal scoring charts: Aguero & Costa are world class but very expensive and they tend to get injured a lot. Sturridge is injured most of the time and even if he comes back he is a big risk. Rooney is moving up front which should help him but he has had blank periods also. Kane really drifted off at the end of last season and at the U21s for England. I think one or two of those is essential but you're risking a lot of money on three. Below that you are into the likes of Benteke, Giroud Bony etc and I think, based on his record, Wilson has a really good chance of being up with those points wise. There is usually one lad who comes up and rips defences apart for a season and Wilson is as good a punt as any. For 5.5million I think you've got to have him and spend the 3-4 million you will save elsewhere. I'd go one of the top 5 (13m-9.5m). One of the next 10 (9m-7.5m) and Wilson.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I'm telling you, Zaha could be on for a big season. Nailed on, low price. New strikers to provide for and Cabaye to provide for him all for a mere 5.5.

As I type this, I got a notification saying Palace sign Bakary Sako.... What are the odds:rolleyes::rolleyes:

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I'm telling you, Zaha could be on for a big season. Nailed on, low price. New strikers to provide for and Cabaye to provide for him all for a mere 5.5.

As I type this, I got a notification saying Palace sign Bakary Sako.... What are the odds:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Is he nailed on though? How do you see the front 7 lining up?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

T-b0n3 wrote: »

has Ossie Ardiles taken over the reigns :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

T-b0n3 wrote: »

Cabaye Jedinak Punch
    Zaha Wickham/Bamford Bolasie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Is Silva worth the 10m punt or is there a better way into the City team? I think having Silva and dropping him to pick up Aguero could be an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Is Silva worth the 10m punt or is there a better way into the City team? I think having Silva and dropping him to pick up Aguero could be an option?

he was on fire the tail-end of last season so could well be. looked sharp in pre-season too. i'd have him only i'm one 1m short!

MagicIRL wrote: »

He isn't a punt, he's a proven FPL scorer that will give consistent results. Is he really a captain choice? No, but I have him in my side and expect him to continue the great form of last season. Sterling could easily outscore him or flop

Reece Oxford seems to be gaining some traction on holding onto an DM starting role for the opening games. He has played almost all of the preaseason and Europa league there, and captained them after Sahko went off in one of the games - he's only 16!!

West Ham fans on twitter etc seem to be raving about him. Anyone know how WH likely to line up in midfield?

If was had a chance of staking a claim for games he could actually be worth a 4.0 punt ahead of Saylor and Targett who, while they are pretty certain to start GW1, will also almost certainly be dropped by GW3 when Colocini/Bertrand return.

manual_man wrote: »
    has Ossie Ardiles taken over the reigns :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

:p
    I mean bar the GK and Def

But I would love to see some Oisse Adiles formations back again! :D

Reece Oxford seems to be gaining some traction on holding onto an DM starting role for the opening games. He has played almost all of the preaseason and Europa league there, and captained them after Sahko went off in one of the games - he's only 16!!

West Ham fans on twitter etc seem to be raving about him. Anyone know how WH likely to line up in midfield?

If was had a chance of staking a claim for games he could actually be worth a 4.0 punt ahead of Saylor and Targett who, while they are pretty certain to start GW1, will also almost certainly be dropped by GW3 when Colocini/Bertrand return.

From the times I've popped into FFS, West Ham fans seem to think Obiang will start at DM until Alex Song is resigned/fit

From the times I've popped into FFS, West Ham fans seem to think Obiang will start at DM until Alex Song is resigned/fit

Will be keeping a close eye, a few of the FPL twitter accounts were rating him as a pretty likely starter.

1.3% ownership, if he got a run even for a few games he could be this years Dier bandwagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Reece Oxford seems to be gaining some traction on holding onto an DM .....West Ham fans on twitter etc seem to be raving about him. Anyone know how WH likely to line up in midfield?
    Probable West Ham lineup (IMO) ....

Adrian
    Jenkinson -- Reid -- Obinna -- Cresswell---
    Obiang -- Noble---Kouyate
    --Zarate
    Payet----
    Sakho

Jenkinson is unavailable for first day so O'Brien will start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Probable West Ham lineup (IMO) ....

Adrian
    Jenkinson -- Reid -- Obinna -- Cresswell---
    Obiang -- Noble---Kouyate
    --Zarate
    Payet----
    Sakho

Jenkinson is unavailable for first day so O'Brien will start.

You reckon Tompkins will be on the bench

Advertisement