Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New businesses

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Xenji wrote:
    That rumour has been on the go for about two years now, apparently that Facebook page that swore it was coming to town actually did a lot of harm for any potential chances.

Don't see how a Facebook page could have any bearing on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Don't see how a Facebook page could have any bearing on it.

The person who was operating it kept bombarding TK with e-mails and calls and was putting up fake correspondence on the page while also impersonating TK reps.

I have heard the tk max rumour before. Where are you getting that info? Dealz in the other half is still going ahead I think.

Staff in the Sligo branch have said its happening and into what building. No date though.

Xenji wrote:
    The person who was operating it kept bombarding TK with e-mails and calls and was putting up fake correspondence on the page while also impersonating TK reps.

I remember that guy alright. He was a little eager to say the least. Think he was at the same craic with Starbucks

Staff in the Sligo branch have said its happening and into what building. No date though.

That's a new angle at least

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

Good news for Ballinrobe with a business moving into the Irish Pride bakery premises

http://www.con-telegraph.ie/news/roundup/articles/2015/11/22/4110018-welcome-jobs-boost-for-south-mayo/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Good news for Ballinrobe with a business moving into the Irish Pride bakery premises

http://www.con-telegraph.ie/news/roundup/articles/2015/11/22/4110018-welcome-jobs-boost-for-south-mayo/

Good news for Ballinrobe but bad news for Claremorris as they are leaving Claremorris.

This article has more info
    http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=23169:laundry-to-open-in-former-irish-pride-bakery-site&catid=23:news&Itemid=46

Dudda wrote:
    Good news for Ballinrobe but bad news for Claremorris as they are leaving Claremorris.

I imagine the vast majority of the workers in Claremorris will just commute to the new facility in Ballinrobe. It's not that far.

Anyone know what the story is with the conversion of the military barracks in Castlebar in to the wonderful civic space as planned? When the plan was announced they said it was hoped to have the first events in January.
    While I always felt this was a bit ambitious for a council project.l, I hoped something would have started moving by now at least. Is there anything happening? Any hi viz on site?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭statto25

Anyone know what the story is with the conversion of the military barracks in Castlebar in to the wonderful civic space as planned? When the plan was announced they said it was hoped to have the first events in January.
    While I always felt this was a bit ambitious for a council project.l, I hoped something would have started moving by now at least. Is there anything happening? Any hi viz on site?

There was a rumor that it was going to be used to house refugees? I don't see how it could given its condition but that's rumors for ya!

• Advertisement

statto25 wrote: »
    There was a rumor that it was going to be used to house refugees? I don't see how it could given its condition but that's rumors for ya!
    Don't mind them aul rumours! it would be nice though if at least one council announcement actually happened.

BTW anyone have any idea what is going in to the old xtra vision unit? I see some work going on there. Holland and Barrett maybe?

Don't mind them aul rumours! it would be nice though if at least one council announcement actually happened.

BTW anyone have any idea what is going in to the old xtra vision unit? I see some work going on there. Holland and Barrett maybe?

Was it not the Council that bought it?

Xenji wrote: »
    Was it not the Council that bought it?

Don't think so. had been to let signs on the window. they now say reserved and the windows have been covered

Holland and Barrett seem to be opening somewhere in town anyway as mentioned earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,375 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Nice to main street getting something. The recession is not over until the majority of shops on main St are open again.

It looks like it is a jewelry/gift store that is going into the unit Xtravision was formerly in, saw plenty of lighted display cabinets installed today when I was walking past.

It looks like it is a jewelry/gift store that is going into the unit Xtravision was formerly in, saw plenty of lighted display cabinets installed today when I was walking past.

That may fit with the Holland and Barrett layout. Haven't seen it myself

That may fit with the Holland and Barrett layout. Haven't seen it myself

From what I saw today, I would say it is going elsewhere, it is very open plan which no shelving except for around the stores sides, it looked like they were putting up display tables for the centre.

They have been looking for jobs for a couple of weeks now, so it is going somewhere.

From what I saw today, I would say it is going elsewhere, it is very open plan which no shelving except for around the stores sides, it looked like they were putting up display tables for the centre.

They have been looking for jobs for a couple of weeks now, so it is going somewhere.

Even better if thats the case, hope it is something which has a chance long term

Does anyone know what is being built behind the credit union in Castlebar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Dudda

Does anyone know what is being built behind the credit union in Castlebar?
    Its an extension to the Credit Union. New banking hall and offices upstairs.

http://www.con-telegraph.ie/news/roundup/articles/2015/12/03/4110722-progress-on-major-credit-union-extension/

passed it today, looked nice but it didnt look too busy.

irishgeo wrote:
    passed it today, looked nice but it didnt look too busy.

No name over the door either. I wonder is it a permanent fixture? The shop fitting seems a bit too good for a pop up though. Best of luck to them

I wonder is it a spin off of Gift Supreme with cheaper items, nothing seemed to look that expensive from walking past.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I wonder is it a spin off of Gift Supreme with cheaper items, nothing seemed to look that expensive from walking past.

Ah hey, on your euros nothing seems expensive ;)

Best of luck to them anyway, pop up shops seem to be a thing "to try" so maybe something like that could happen in the closed units.

Xenji wrote:

I had the same thought. It's hard to tell. Hopefully the unit won't be empty again in a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Rockfish

irishgeo wrote: »
    Nice to main street getting something. The recession is not over until the majority of shops on main St are open again.

In your opinion.

True.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭statto25

Anyone hear whats going in beside Paul Byron's on Market Square? Shop fitters outside this morning measuring up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Dudda wrote: »
    Its an extension to the Credit Union. New banking hall and offices upstairs.

http://www.con-telegraph.ie/news/roundup/articles/2015/12/03/4110722-progress-on-major-credit-union-extension/

Congrats to Castlebar CU on this extension, and to the CU movement generally. Great strides over the last 50+ years.

Westport CU have bought the old Bank of Ireland premises on the South Mall and are presently renovating it.

The CU offices around the county are staffed by real people rather than machines. Great idea. May catch on

Advertisement