Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Federations Economy after the Dominion War

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I have the first one but getting a copy of the 2nd I'd mega money. I threw my own copy out by mistake :(

The mod of Sins of the Solar Empire has more chance of answering our questions - updated ships likely to be included.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-trek-armada-3

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Myrddin wrote: »
    The only time a Galaxy class ship looked any way impressive during a battle, was in "All Good Things...", when it was the Galaxy-X class using that phaser like a hot knife going through butter. Every other time, the ship has looked slow, cumbersome, unwieldy, and frankly, a sitting duck. Four to six Quantum torpedoes would put one serious dent in those shields, if not knock them out completely. The ship in its TNG configuration just wasn't built for the type of combat & weaponry seen later on
    couple of shot of them at Chintoka (1 or 2?) where they're obliterating several platforms at once. And they are clearly favoured on the front line during the Dominion war, the only reason they'd be there was because they offer a lot of firepower from a superior platform. Entire Galaxy strike wings were present!
    Myrddin wrote: »
    A Defiant with pulse phasers, quantum torpedoes, ablative armour would, in my opinion, ask serious questions of a Galaxy class ship given the right crew on board.
    we'll have to agree to disagree I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

When you hear Sisko telling the Galaxy wings to engage the enemy, you know they are about to get ****ed up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Indricotherium

The only time we see the defiant fighting federation ships is when an excelsior makes **** of the defiant in paradise lost.

You can assume that a galaxy is way more advanced and powerful than an excelsior so why is this even an issue????

Ladsads, we've put that one to bed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

The only time we see the defiant fighting federation ships is when an excelsior makes **** of the defiant in paradise lost.

Still stating errors as facts, tsk tsk :D The Defiant & the Lakota were very evenly matched....the only thing that stopped one destroying the other was one good shot by each would destroyed the other, & neither side wanted that.
    You can assume that a galaxy is way more advanced and powerful than an excelsior so why is this even an issue????

Because if you were following the conversation, we're talking about a TNG-era Galaxy class, not something upgraded like the Lakota was.

You were talking TNG era ya mean ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

You were talking TNG era ya mean ;)

Well it was mentioned quite a few times, hard to miss for anyone following the conversation. Anyway, it's done :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

IvySlayer wrote: »
    The Odyssey took a hell of a pounding before she was rammed. In my opinion a Galaxy class would beat a Defiant class one on one. Galaxy class can also seperate its saucer from the main drive.

Galaxy would win i think.

Size/power a single defiant would have to engage in multiple attack runs before a galaxys shield fell to 50%. because a galaxy is slow the defialt would have 100% hit accuracy but the galaxy would have to rely mostly on continuous phaser blasts as any defiant captain would know to only use attack vectors that would be out of the galaxys torpedoes firing arks
    The Defiant class are the federations only warships, Ablative armour pulse phasers the list goes on. At range I would give a Galaxy class a chance but once the Defiant got close I think it would be over regardless of saucer separation. Look what happened to Warfs Klingon capital ship in the mirror universe vs a Defiant class. Remember the Defiant was brought into being to defend against the Borg something the Galaxy class could not do.

was the akira not originally designed as a exploration vessel but re purposed to fight the borg and the dominion

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

re purposed isnt the same as designed for though.

I watched a few youtube clips on the dominion war and its interesting, in the battle for chintoka, you see a galaxy class take in formation with a few ships including a defiant and damn it does look manoeuvrable, appreciate its probably going full impulse but it doesnt look clumsy and it looks as nimble as smaller ships at that speed

• Advertisement

Post them lad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Rawr

Could it be this battle? Earlier battle.

We mostly seem to see an Excelcior with Defiant at Chintoka

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

the last 20 seconds show the Galaxy moving very nicely imo

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The winner would be dictated by what the plot required lads. :P

Advertisement