Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Open 2015 - St Andrews - July 16th-19th *mod warning #201*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

is it me or are BBC showing very few drives and approach shots? it's nearly all putts

I just counted 11 putts between any other type of shot being plated. Odd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭yipsnomore

Dont think ive seen a bad drive or iron from fowler yet, amazing distance control. But the poor fellas putting is awful

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Get off the bridge Nick nobody cares

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Fair dues to Faldo he certainly packed in some career in a brilliant 8-9 year spell. He totally dropped off after his last masters win in his late 30s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Whats going on first time he played in ages or never playing again?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

His last open.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

I can't get over how bad this coverage is. Spieth and Johnson in the course and they're showing Faldo posing for photos

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

His last open.

Thought he said he'd play another.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

I can't get over how bad this coverage is. Spieth and Johnson in the course and they're showing Faldo posing for photos

it's a fcuking joke. the amount of coverage of Faldo was way overboard. now we have to watch him walk to the scoring booth! when top players on the course. i'm watching spieth and johnson on featured group now.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭accap1f8

Ya I'm sick of this. They'll just keep showing tiger now as well. The sooner sky take this over the better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Relax... there will be plenty of coverage of Jordan and Dustin for the next few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Sky are a joke
    Too many ads
    I hate monty
    Disgrace they got the open rights
    Can't wait for bbc and the open
    Can't wait for peter allis
    Omg the coverage is terrible
    Allis is a joke
    Commentators are shocking
    Showing Faldo non stop
    Showing tiger non stop
    Can't wait till sky have the open

I agree with your last few points. Not the first ones.

And now that Tiger is off, we are getting his every move!

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭thewobbler

ForeRight wrote: »
    Sky are a joke
    Too many ads
    I hate monty
    Disgrace they got the open rights
    Can't wait for bbc and the open
    Can't wait for peter allis
    Omg the coverage is terrible
    Allis is a joke
    Commentators are shocking
    Showing Faldo non stop
    Showing tiger non stop
    Can't wait till sky have the open

Haha this is it. I always enjoy Open coverage as I like the BBC's approach where they bring out stories. If they just showed wall to wall drives it wouldn't actually appeal to as many people.

But it seems a few golf die hards just can't get it into their heads that 4 full days of ad free golf is manna from heaven. They always want more. They don't actually know what it is they want, as long as it's more.

By the way Faldo bashers, did you not watch the Masters this year? For the best part of two hours on the Friday evening it was the Ben Crenshaw show. Faldo is much more deserving of such a tribute.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Tugboats wrote: »
    Get off the bridge Nick nobody cares

One of the greatest players to play the game and you think nobody cares?

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭thewobbler

Also, I can assure you wholeheartedly that if BBC went to ad breaks every 15 mins, then their graphics teams and camera teams would be able to sync everything up much more seamlessly.

The Beeb don't have the luxury of popping off air for a few minutes to prioritise shots and events, and create mini highlights reels "as live". They have to constantly rely on intuition.

accap1f8 wrote: »
    Ya I'm sick of this. They'll just keep showing tiger now as well. The sooner sky take this over the better.

Whoooa lets not get hasty,I'd prefer to be watching Faldo than adds and its a once of, I find the cuts to people walking on the beach, surfing in the sea (badly) and the odd dead seal kinda amusing too.

Whoooa lets not get hasty,I'd prefer to be watching Faldo than adds and its a once of, I find the cuts to people walking on the beach, surfing in the sea (badly) and the odd dead seal kinda amusing too.

Well I like butch and Claude Harmon as they know quite a bit about the game. The shot centre is interesting as well.
    Each to their own I suppose

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

This is the golf forum not the television forum. Cards and bans will be handed out if the moaning continues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

Never understood the love for aliss. He guesses everything and makes so many mistakes that you'd have to wonder if he's just there for novelty value alone.

thewobbler wrote: »
    Also, I can assure you wholeheartedly that if BBC went to ad breaks every 15 mins, then their graphics teams and camera teams would be able to sync everything up much more seamlessly.

The Beeb don't have the luxury of popping off air for a few minutes to prioritise shots and events, and create mini highlights reels "as live". They have to constantly rely on intuition.

Never thought of that - you're spot on.

Anyway, great to see a couple of Irish names well up the leaderboard. Shane Lowry needs to pick up at least one shot somewhere along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,870 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Keano wrote: »
    This is the golf forum not the television forum. Cards and bans will be handed out if the moaning continues.

Haha, see the thread I just put up . If you want a moan about the tele go there!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

Aidric wrote: »
    One of the greatest players to play the game and you think nobody cares?

Not a very nice bloke on and off the course. Players hardly have any respect for him so why should golf fans?

Dunners moves into leading amateur spot

Keano wrote: »

Sure we cant see any golf thats the problem :pac:

Joke.

I see poulter is after finding a lovely big gorse bush for himself

Lowry has just birdied 10. Back to even par now.

If he could shoot a back nine like yesterday, barring of course 17, it would help his cause.

Another birdie for Paul Dunne - 5 under now!

Schwartzel has a putt for eagle then apparently falls off the face of the earth.

Does Bubby play bad in rainy conditions due to his wierd swing or is that nonsense?

The course itself doesnt lend to itself to fast play.

Reed 3 birdies in first 5

• Advertisement

Gettttttt innnnnnnnnnn

Advertisement