Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Open 2015 - St Andrews - July 16th-19th *mod warning #201*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭lostatsea

24 under par for the Johnson, Spieth, Matsuyama group - the best golf played by any 3-ball for a long time. I thought Spieth was a great putter until I saw Matsuyama on the greens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

HighLine wrote: »
    Not if you get to bang Rickie's missus in return :pac:

I see what you mean

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Ben1977

This is actually one of the best leaderboards I've ever seen. Loads of guys I'd love to see win but 2 stick out DJ and Donald

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Lowry running out of holes. One to play and still one over.

It's a pity - he had a great chance yesterday going out early, and he didn't capitalise.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

vienne86 wrote: »
    Lowry running out of holes. One to play and still one over.

It's a pity - he had a great chance yesterday going out early, and he didn't capitalise.

17th was the nail in the coffin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Looked like he had about a 15 footer for a birdie on the last to probably make the cut anyway

Didn't make it so finishes at plus 1. Needs help to make it to weekend. Very disappointing given his current form and history on the course.

Seve OB wrote: »
    17th was the nail in the coffin

Yes, he really couldn't have hoped to come back from that. Well we have two tricolours left for the weekend's leaderboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭MythicalMadMan

Its meant to be pretty windy tomoro, could potentially be pushed back. The cut that is,

So Jason Day and co have shaken hands, but no hooter yet! Everyone else still playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

The scoreboards the only light out there - are cool looking.

• Advertisement

Pity Tom Watson has to be dragged out of bed early to finish his round in the morning.

Awful drop shot from Donald on 18 considering how good his short game usually is.

Are they waiting for Tom ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Very disappointing by lowry, correct me if I'm wrong but we're those two rounds both his worse in his St. Andrews history? Only just missed the cut but no doubt he'll be bitterly disappointed. If only the 17th went better yesterday!

For me I'd love Donald, Casey, Dunne, Garcia or Fowler to win it. Tomorrow could change leaderboard a lot but from the ones I want seems Donald has best chance, Dunne has been mighty though

Awful drop shot from Donald on 18 considering how good his short game usually is.

Yes it's a shame.

Seems that the players can choose to stay playing if they wish or come off if they wish. Get the headlights beamed in for Tom Watson!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Are there rules that prohibit amateurs from winning the likes of the Open outright?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Stheno wrote: »
    Are there rules that prohibit amateurs from winning the likes of the Open outright?

No. But if they won they dont recieve prizemoney

Stheno wrote: »

No - they just can't take the money.

This seems a mad thing to say - but the course looks very easy :eek::D

Not sure this is fair on the field and the players - is too dark now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,241 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Haha Mark James quoting his beloved Star Trek.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

vienne86 wrote: »
    Pity Tom Watson has to be dragged out of bed early to finish his round in the morning.

What ever happens now, he will get to play the 18th.

Not sure this is fair on the field and the players - is too dark now.

But they have the option to stop so it's completely up to them

• Registered Users Posts: 16,241 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    What ever happens now, he will get to play the 18th.

I don't understand this, would he not have just come back and played it tomorrow morning if the group didn't male it this far?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭thewobbler

Fair play to Ernie And Brendt.

Some things in life actually are better to be a part of than struggling to make a cut.

There is something poetic about it in the dark.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

sick of looking at the adulation for this old git...it's sport not nostalgia

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Tasty wedge from Snedeker.

Are they waiting for Tom ?

Yes, they waited for him, and proper order too.

• Advertisement

sick of looking at the adulation for this old git...it's sport not nostalgia

:eek::D

Advertisement