Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rocket League

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 119 ✭✭DublinBust

VinLieger wrote: »
    I don't OG, usually just fvck about practicing flying avoiding the ball but definitely will make sure my team mate doesn't score
    RossieMan wrote: »
    Own goaling is the way to go. Absolute pleasure it gives me coming from 5 back to let the other team win.

Openly admitting to such toxic behaviour, smh. I've especially found this juvenile behaviour to be very prevalent on PC, rather than PS4, maybe that's completely coincidental. Rocket League on PC is pretty toxic IMO, the fragile male ego just can't be trusted with a keyboard in front of it.

I've let bad team mates and opponents get to me, but two wrongs do not make a right as Shiminay said. Get mouthy back is the worst I'd do, and I know that's not the best solution either.
    I don't even blow people up, it's just such sour grapes.

My pet peeve in Rocket League is people freezing at the goal if we're aligned straight at kick-off, thinking they can trick me and I won't be able to see, then they can just tap in an easy goal. Dirty 'tactic'. I just swerve right as I'm about to get to the ball and hit it from an angle to circumvent that lol.

Forget chivalry, sportsmanship is dead...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

DublinBust wrote: »
    Openly admitting to such toxic behaviour, smh. I've especially found this juvenile behaviour to be very prevalent on PC, rather than PS4, maybe that's completely coincidental. Rocket League on PC is pretty toxic IMO, the fragile male ego just can't be trusted with a keyboard in front of it.

I've let bad team mates and opponents get to me, but two wrongs do not make a right as Shiminay said. Get mouthy back is the worst I'd do, and I know that's not the best solution either.
    I don't even blow people up, it's just such sour grapes.

My pet peeve in Rocket League is people freezing at the goal if we're aligned straight at kick-off, thinking they can trick me and I won't be able to see, then they can just tap in an easy goal. Dirty 'tactic'. I just swerve right as I'm about to get to the ball and hit it from an angle to circumvent that lol.

Forget chivalry, sportsmanship is dead...

I like to think that they learn a lesson and go on to be better behaved in the gaming community. You should be thanking us, who knows how many of those guys that say "no problem" to you would have called you a noob **** previously :pac:

I like to think that they learn a lesson and go on to be better behaved in the gaming community.

And yet the opposite is most likely the case. Show them the light, kill em with kindness, more flies with honey than vinegar, etc, etc, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Just played some of this on PC as it's free for the weekend. Played a bit on console but the game is just so much nicer to play on PC. It even sounds nicer and the physics seem a little different. Great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

My pet peeve in Rocket League is people freezing at the goal if we're aligned straight at kick-off, thinking they can trick me and I won't be able to see, then they can just tap in an easy goal. Dirty 'tactic'. I just swerve right as I'm about to get to the ball and hit it from an angle to circumvent that lol...

Shoot it!

When you know they're staying on the line, switch off ball cam and line up your shot. Make sure at the moment of contact you backflip (often diagonally) not only will this add a powerful arc to your shot it will also help kill your forward momentum so can follow up any rebound.

If they're an exceptionally good goalie, slow down, pop the ball forwards in the air a bit. Then, right after it bounces up from contact with the ground, smash it with a side flip, again diagonal one if necessary but keep those backward! Your goal is to convert the momentum applied from the upwards bounce of the ground into the shot on your volley. Unless they're top notch goalies odds are the sheer power on your shot won't be stopped. If they have high ping they're fecked! Even if you miss and score don't worry it's an excellent way to practice. (Especially when in 3s you might get only one opportunity in the whole match and that could be difference between winning and losing. With practice you'll be hitting them consistently that nobody will dare stay in goal at the kick off. :)

Oh! And if you're a goal up don't do anything. Just conserve boost, stop a third of the way to the ball and wait. Your opponent can't tackle you because your closer to the ball. (Basically when they do eventually make a play boost at the ball before them and lob it over their helpless heads.)

• Advertisement

Anyone ever notice; if a player's rocking a halo, chances are they're a complete ass?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CraigM84

:eek:

you slagging the halo?? :p

i am fond of the halo myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

The halo looks cool though

It looks cool but I find a disproportionate amount of assholes playing Rocket League use it, to be ironic I guess. I'm instantly wary of those using it ha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

How's everyone finding the basketball variant? Tried it out tonight and love it. Scored this just there. :)

• Advertisement

How's everyone finding the basketball variant? Tried it out tonight and love it. Scored this just there. :)

Too hard to score IMO. Arena needs to be as big as wastelands to rectify this IMO.

Too hard to score IMO. Arena needs to be as big as wastelands to rectify this IMO.
    Agreed. It's a bit small, and I'd love to see this as 3vs3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Bought this after the free weeekend after a looong time on my wish list.

Cracking purchase that's absolutely completely ****ed up my college dreams and aspirations

Once you play Hoops for a while, you get an awful shock when you return to the normal game. Very diff styles of play!

I'm finding it perfectly proportioned for 2v2. It's always going to be that bit harder to score than a big open goal that you can roll a ball into.
    I'm really enjoying it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Actually think I prefer hoops 2v2 to regular "soccar" 2v2. Hoops is brilliant, that little rim around the net is my mortal enemy. Flew my car directly into it at the bounce off and the opponent just had a free goal. It was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Feels way more rewarding "saving" in Hoops too. So god damn hard but when it pays off...sweet bliss.

Shlippery wrote: »
    Feels way more rewarding "saving" in Hoops too. So god damn hard but when it pays off...sweet bliss.

I'm finding a lot of what are brilliant saves are not registered as saves, just comes up as a clear ball. Especially the last ditch efforts that are almost in and you "save" it from underneath.

I'm finding it perfectly proportioned for 2v2. It's always going to be that bit harder to score than a big open goal that you can roll a ball into.
    I'm really enjoying it anyway.

Not really, have no problem getting the ball into the exact position necessary in bigger arenas by bouncing it off side walls.

I'm finally gonna make the plunge and play in predominately ball mode instead of car-cam now I have the day off work. I'm so used to the latter I'll probably be shite but I suppose to get better I'll need it in the long run.

I'm finally gonna make the plunge and play in predominately ball mode instead of car-cam now I have the day off work. I'm so used to the latter I'll probably be shite but I suppose to get better I'll need it in the long run.

I have the exact opposite problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I switch cams when going for Boosts, then straight back to ball mode.

Loving Hoops. Very fun, Makes me realize how ****e i am in the air.

I think the top players use the ball-cam though so I'd be inclined to stick with it. Plus you get to see the ball at all times which only helps.

ABBC

(Always be ball cammin')

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭thomas 123

I think the top players use the ball-cam though so I'd be inclined to stick with it. Plus you get to see the ball at all times which only helps.

I think its a mix and dependable on the position you adopt, for example if you are the goalkeeper you need to be able to see whats coming towards you IMO.

Korvanica wrote: »
    I switch cams when going for Boosts, then straight back to ball mode.

Loving Hoops. Very fun, Makes me realize how ****e i am in the air.

I think its best to stay on the ground for hoops anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

ABBC

(Always be ball cammin')

glengarry glenross up in this biiiyyuuutch!

glengarry glenross up in this biiiyyuuutch!
    YOU FAIRY! You company man

• Registered Users Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

One of my best saves. Nothing too amazing compared to the real pros but I'm happy with it! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 kerryboi92

anyone up for a rocket league match on ps4?

Advertisement