Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rocket League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

New cars announced:

I bought the Back to the Future one but I really get put off by how you can't customize them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

The Batmobile is coming, but its the sh1tty one from the new film, not the 1989 Tim Burton one.

It'll do I suppose.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,159 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    The Batmobile is coming, but its the sh1tty one from the new film, not the 1989 Tim Burton one.

It'll do I suppose.

One of the standard cars actually looks a lot like the 89 one, cant remember the name of it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Paladin

300px-Paladin.png?version=58ccae397cf3db9cf647a501ee28a4af

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Ya thats my current car and it looks more like the newer Batmobiles I thought.

I stuck the Shark fin on it and put the colours as dark as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Turtwig wrote: »
    Paladin

300px-Paladin.png?version=58ccae397cf3db9cf647a501ee28a4af
    I actually switched to the Paladin from using the default one for ages. Really liking it with the rainbow booster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Can anybody explain the new ranking system to me please? Played 4 games there, had 4 wins and then I'm demoted :confused:

Edit: Just won another 3 games and dropped a division, wtf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Its based on your MMR skill level now. So its not enough to just win games now.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

...based on your what now?

Yeah, what's MMR?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Yeah, what's MMR?

Matchmaking ranking or Skill.

Rank is very much about win/losses and your "form". Basically if you win a lot of games against higher skilled teams (higher average mmr than your team's average mmr) you'll rank up. Lose and you won't rank down as much as you would were you frequently lose against teams with lower average mmrs. It takes about fifty matches for the game to have a decent idea of your skill level. Ten matches are just used to estimate division placement.

When you have a team that understands how to rotate this game can be ridiculously intense and fun. Had some truly exciting games tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

How do you unlock new boosters (sorry noob question) and more specifically does anyone know how to unlock the sunset overdrive one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Sunset overdrive is a paid extra as far as I know. I've the plat for it and don't have it.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Sunset overdrive is a paid extra as far as I know. I've the plat for it and don't have it.

Shame, it looks and sounds annoying which was the main reason I wanted it, I do like sunset overdrive though too

Buy the pack, support psyonix if you want it.

I'm on a crusade to teach people manners and not to be a dick. My ranking has plummeted but it's satisfying to read the butt hurt.

I was just asked to leave the game by some bellend teammate in 2v2. Winning 3-0, he scored the 3 with 2 assists from myself and a message pops up "M8 leave it's 2v1"
    Needless to say he was on the wrong end of a 10-3 hammering with 5 OGs to my name and a tirade of abusive yet tearful messages from my teammate.
    There's some angry kids out there :pac:

What if he'd meant it as a joke that the other "team" was effectively one car? :p

Either way can't say I agree with your attitude. Behaving like that just adds more fuel (or apparently they call this stuff salt??) to the fire. Teammate that's give you sh1t should just be muted or reported. Play your normal game.

A team I was on once forfeited because the other team were just infighting and the game was no fun. We'd only a half hour for games so just left and went to one that was more intense.I'd prefer to be 3-0 down to your team and trying to figure out how they were beating us rather than have someone on your team start scoring own goals because they didn't like their teammate.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,665 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Turtwig wrote: »
    What if he'd meant it as a joke that the other "team" was effectively one car? :p

Either way can't say I agree with your attitude. Behaving like that just adds more fuel (or apparently they call this stuff salt??) to the fire. Teammate that's give you sh1t should just be muted or reported. Play your normal game.

A team I was on once forfeited because the other team were just infighting and the game was no fun. We'd only a half hour for games so just left and went to one that was more intense.I'd prefer to be 3-0 down to your team and trying to figure out how they were beating us rather than have someone on your team start scoring own goals because they didn't like their teammate.

Disagree, if the other team member becomes actively dickish towards me ive behaved in similar ways, its only happened 2-3 times but in my opnion its well deserved, its hilarious to watch their rage if nothing else

VinLieger wrote: »
    Disagree, if the other team member becomes actively dickish towards me ive behaved in similar ways, its only happened 2-3 times but in my opnion its well deserved, its hilarious to watch their rage if nothing else

If they do something with their car then you probably have an argument for carte blanche but if they only say stuff to you in chat and you react by basically throwing the game then I'd put the blame on fun spoiling firmly on your shoulders. For all you know the person was intentionally trying to wind you up and make everything less fun for all involved. When you react by basically making the game a no contest it kills the fun in the game completely. Fighting fire with fire is just feeding the trolls. Ignore them, mute them and continue to play the normal way and if the game is a lost cause use it to practice mechanics or just leave. It's no fun being in a game on either side where a team is basically consisting of players trying to take the higher ground by actually being the biggest dick to each other. You may think you're giving them a taste of their own medicine but in reality you're just doing exactly what you accuse them of doing: putting your own experience above and beyond that of everyone else's.

Please don't feed the saltiness with more salt. It's just not fun, not fun at all. Games should be about fun not bloody comeuppance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Yeah I wouldn't score a bunch of OG's and ruin the game. Instead just do what I do and sleep with there mom.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭James74

Turtwig, as much as I admire you restraint, I'm with Flint on this one with the caveat that it is in a random pub game obviously. In that situation if some unknown prick teammate is slagging then f**kem, the fun then becomes merilessly and maliciously OGing with wild abandon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I don't do it personally but can understand why people do it.

Can't say I use the in game chat to ever troll or be mean, but there is times when if someone makes a very basic mistake and doesn't say 'Sorry!' I get annoyed.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

2 wrongs don't make a right. Ruining the game for any reason is still ruining the game. Just quit (after reporting) if someone is a dick - don't give them airtime or oxygen.

Own goaling is the way to go. Absolute pleasure it gives me coming from 5 back to let the other team win.

I'm fine with people who are bad as my teamates, but if they score an OG or hit the ball away when it was going to be a goal and don't even bother to say "Sorry!" I hate it, but I won't send them a message saying they're crap, I'll just leave the lobby once the game finishes

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Most team mates are **** at either being in a team or being a mate. People jumping on you if you can't backflip a mid air half way line shot to win the game.

80% of them use kid as an insult too. Also, who says n00b anymore? Kids I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 17,665 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I don't OG, usually just fvck about practicing flying avoiding the ball but definitely will make sure my team mate doesn't score

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Rocket League is free to play for all Windows users for the next 2 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 Edwardririth

This game is very interesting.

After 2 hours of Rocket League, I begin to seriously entertain the idea that I might be Christ Jesus, re-incarnated into this mortal plane for the sole purpose of doing awesome in rocket car soccer.

Advertisement