Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rocket League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,571 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

There's 2 things I'd love to implement into this game: A full boost mode and a no boost mode

Myself and the brother played without using boost and games were a lot more tactical, the game at times can be a bit of who has boost at the right times

Agreed on the No Boost option, would like to try a game where not everyone is going mental trying to collect the boosts and instead just play a bit of footy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

We used to have a no accelerator game in sarpbc, we had tournaments and everything. Was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

I really have to say I'm loving this game. It's not something you have to pump hours upon hours into to be good at. Some of the Online moments are some of the funniest ones I have had in years. It's also a very well polished game and have little to no issues with it apart from when a user joins a game it'll lag for a second or two but other than that the game runs really smooth.

Although I do have one issue and I'd like to know if others have noticed it. Does it seem that high ping is a normal thing in the online? I play with my party and we all level in around 30 - 40 ping but some times we have played people with the entire opposite team having 250+ ping. It doesn't seem to effect gameplay which is handy but it still seems rather strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I see players with a high ping regularly. I only play on European servers so i presume they're people from outside Europe or they just have a really **** internet connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

It's funny, I always find playing 1v1 to be a very mixed bag, you either hammer someone or get hammered, very few games seem to stay close.

Last night I forfeited with 30 seconds to go in a 1v1 as I let in a goal and sent a "gg" to go 4-1 down.
    Went back in only to be put back in 1v1 against the same guy. 90 seconds into that game, he forfeits as he goes 5-1 down.

Worst sight in the world though has to be when you enter 3v3 and you see green icons next to the entire other team....you know your band of misfits is in for some trouble...

• Advertisement

What do green icons mean

What do green icons mean

When in a party, you see the green "people" icon next to them.
    If all 3 have the green icon, that means you're up against a team who are probably organising themselves vs 3 strangers who've never played together...

BizzyC wrote: »
    When in a party, you see the green "people" icon next to them.
    If all 3 have the green icon, that means you're up against a team who are probably organising themselves vs 3 strangers who've never played together...

Well of its ranked then surely the teams would be somewhat even regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I've started winning a worrying amount of games, wondering did i get bumped down a ranking division or something? I also reset settings to default and it's much easier. I was playing with a really high fov which I think made it difficult to judge the flight of the ball.

I've started winning a worrying amount of games, wondering did i get bumped down a ranking division or something? I also reset settings to default and it's much easier. I was playing with a really high fov which I think made it difficult to judge the flight of the ball.

Interesting on the FOV. I put that straight up to max at the start. I would have thought seeing more would alway be an advantage

• Advertisement

yea i dont think so, but I was missing a lot of standard hits and generally not playing very good at all. It's not just the fov that I had changed but default settings are a lot better for me, seems a lot clearer.

I suppose its not the same as an FPS game where higher FOV is always an advantage

Well of its ranked then surely the teams would be somewhat even regardless

Individually yes, but when 3 randomers are playing against guys who are used to playing together, you're in for an uphill battle.

Having said that I've won games against a team, it's just that sometimes if you're unlucky to be teamed up with two ball chasers, you'll be in for a tough ride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

360035.jpg

Anybody got any tips for "flying"?
    I'm watching some people just winning everything in the air, most of the time I just whizz past the ball :pac:

Maybe people who are good at it will have better advice, but from youtube I gather practicing it exclusively in the arena is a good idea. Think about how much quicker you're learning rather than the odd attempt or two in a game.

But I'd be interested in concrete tips too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Practice hitting the crossbar when you score. Great for helping you judge how to fly. After that it's purely just judging where the ball will be.

I'd say I've lost about 90% of games over the last few days. Purely down to the absolute rubbish teammates I'm getting.
    I am fairly average but my jaysus, I seem to be a magnet for morons.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭kevmcdonnell

Is anyone having issues with stuttering during play. Its so annoying with the ball jumping around and the cars changing direction. has resulted in a fair few lost matches due to missed goals etc

Is anyone having issues with stuttering during play. Its so annoying with the ball jumping around and the cars changing direction. has resulted in a fair few lost matches due to missed goals etc

I've had some connection issues now and again. Usually a symbol will pop up on screen, I think it's a server issue rather than my connection as I don't get it on other games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭kevmcdonnell

yeah i don't think its my connection either, its just mighty annoying

Just happened to me for the first time. Must be an issue on their end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Randomfriend

Usually an issue if any one person in the game has a bad ping, seems to be a 50/50 chance that it'll affect everyone else in the match too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

A sign that I'm doing something right...

Kq6UJcb.png

Ponster wrote: »

Kq6UJcb.png

There are some absolute tools playing this game :D
    I thought I'd heard the last of the word 'noob' when I finished with Call of Duty all them years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Keno wrote: »

That was phenomenal! :)

Ponster wrote: »

Kq6UJcb.png

Yeah, I'm seeing a lot more of that lately.

Wish the game would restrict to the quick chat messages and cut out the ability to type crap like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

There are some absolute tools playing this game :D
    I thought I'd heard the last of the word 'noob' when I finished with Call of Duty all them years ago.

I wish all I was hearing was noob. These guys were tearing strips off their team-mate.

yjxRpfP.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I was getting the same. I got a massive STOP DOING THAT CHRIS!!!!!

I had scored two goals, had 3 shots, and made 1 save. We lost 5-3. He finished bottom of the 6 players. He stuck around for the next game, where he left when we were 2-0 down. AI replaced him and his friend, and I ended up winning 3-2!

Advertisement