Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rocket League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I'll be on ps4 in 10 minutes, anyone want a game?

I'll create a room and will update this with room name and password. Will start with just a 1v1 and then update if anyone else wants to join.

Same as yesterday -

Room name - boards
    Password - boardsie
    Platform: PS4

How do the ranks work? I'm still bronze, bronze, silver in 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 respectively

Good games yesterday boneyarsebogman, great to get some games with people from here. Will be on again this evening for anyone interested in getting things going.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Are ye all on PS4? Pity we can join ye in games by choice.. PS4 players I mean.. I am a PC player and it would be great to be able to get into a lobby or party cross-platform. Cant wait for that.

• Advertisement

Ha. I was terrible. There's a load of stuff I still need to practice, like that boost aiming for the ball whatsit. But it was good fun. At some point we'll have a proper match with, hopefully, more people. A 3 v 3 boardsie match would be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

First MLG tournament was last night. Didn't catch it all live but the Grand Finals were absolutely EPIC!!

The Red wrote: »
    Are ye all on PS4? Pity we can join ye in games by choice.. PS4 players I mean.. I am a PC player and it would be great to be able to get into a lobby or party cross-platform. Cant wait for that.

There are a few of us on PC, drop your name on this forum!

There's usually a few on every night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I presume everybody else boosts into the net in a tumbling mess after a goal to get themselves on the replay for a laugh???
    No??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

First MLG tournament was last night. Didn't catch it all live but the Grand Finals were absolutely EPIC!!

That was brilliant,not often entertained by watching other people play a game. Just shows how good this game really is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭Corvo

Is there any word on whether this is coming to X1?

I am extremely jealous.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭kevmcdonnell

would love to join in a few matches with people from here, username is kamcdonn

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Now I get why there was a guy shouting at me calling me **** earlier...if it's in the air at all I am useless. On the ground...little better. These guys have co-ordination which I will never have.

would love to join in a few matches with people from here, username is kamcdonn

What platform?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭kevmcdonnell

Playstation 4, sorry forgot to mention that

Can we get another 2 people for a 2v2?

Out of interest who won the tournament? Know most of the players from playing with them but am on the phone so can't see who was in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Really enjoying this. It's tough to start but easy to get into. Just got a hat trick in an online game so I was happy with that!

RossieMan wrote: »
    Out of interest who won the tournament? Know most of the players from playing with them but am on the phone so can't see who was in it.

Kings of Urban I think they're called. Not kronovi'd team anyway!

I checked it out when I got home. Played with plenty of them regularly on the old game, really good players!

• Advertisement

Is that awkward camera angle for the kick off in the new stadium a bug or is it supposed to be like that?

All PC usernames are starred out for some reason.

Is that awkward camera angle for the kick off in the new stadium a bug or is it supposed to be like that?

Complete bug. You just have to guess where to go for a couple of seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Right Ive played this game for about 2 hrs over the past week or two. Hated every second of it.

A mate convinced me to jump in for a few games last night which I all lost by about 5 or 6 goals but........ There was one brilliant moment when I was clear through on goal, I could have stopped and let the ball roll in but I over-corrected and sent the ball wide. I honestly didn't enjoy a moment in a MP game like that in years. Hilarious. Well you had to be there.

Lost 7-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

That was brilliant, but the two commentators are extremely annoying to listen to.

Plus if there going to stream the big circle blocking the whole screen will need to be made see through as on more then one occasion something exciting was going on in the background as he changed players.

But this was very entertaining to watch how the game can be played.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TCarew

Obsessed with this game. Absolutely love it.

Still in the process of getting the last 2 trophies before the update with the DLC.
    Bought the DLC too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Seaaan

Bought this yesterday after finding out about it :D Haven't played since Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle-Cars about 4 years ago I suppose. So much fun, but people can really be annoying. Nothing more annoying than someone stealing your amazing aerial goal :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

enjoyed this the last few days, shame the various cars don't have different stats.

froog wrote: »
    enjoyed this the last few days, shame the various cars don't have different stats.

It's part of the reason the game is so good. A guy starting out has theoretically the same chance of success as the experienced player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

There's 2 things I'd love to implement into this game: A full boost mode and a no boost mode

Myself and the brother played without using boost and games were a lot more tactical, the game at times can be a bit of who has boost at the right times

Advertisement