Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rocket League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

They should really add the rematch option to ranked games. It's a pain in the ass having to quit to the main menu after each game.

I'd imagine it's to stop people from continually playing against a player well beneath their level and zooming up the ranks. I'd rather they had a continue function where it just searched for a new match-mate there in the game. Think rematches would cause ranking fluctuations.

Hmmm I was expecting a bit more to this game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Hmmm I was expecting a bit more to this game

Just keep playing....it grows on you massively....
    BizzyC wrote:
    Played for a few hours, but too much of the same thing over and over to keep me interested.

I think 2v2 is my favourite game mode so far. 3v3+ is too random. 1v1 requires too much patience.

Are all the add-ons just cosmetic?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,678 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I don't get the appeal of 1v1 at all. 3v3 is my go-to mode. Played 4v4 once and it was crazy, probably best with people you know.

Anyone know how many people can play locally? I know it has 2 player splitscreen and both players can go online as well as join an online party but can you have 3 or 4 local player splitscreen?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I don't get the appeal of 1v1 at all. 3v3 is my go-to mode. Played 4v4 once and it was crazy, probably best with people you know.

Anyone know how many people can play locally? I know it has 2 player splitscreen and both players can go online as well as join an online party but can you have 3 or 4 local player splitscreen?

You can have 4 player splitscreen, and all 4 can go online also (play and/or join a party).

• Registered Users Posts: 29,678 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

You can have 4 player splitscreen, and all 4 can go online also (play and/or join a party).

Well that's just epic!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭The Red

Really hope they introduce PC & PS4 party creation.. I have friends that have it and I cant play with them. Wel.. maybe if we hit on the same lobby by chance... but it has never happened.

Or server lists for us to choose...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

The Red wrote: »
    Really hope they introduce PC & PS4 party creation.. I have friends that have it and I cant play with them. Wel.. maybe if we hit on the same lobby by chance... but it has never happened.

Or server lists for us to choose...

They said they are working on this. They said it'll work in the vein of one platform user create a multi-platform party, and a party code is generated. The code is sent to the other platform user(s) for them to join through.

They said they are working on this. They said it'll work in the vein of one platform user create a multi-platform party, and a party code is generated. The code is sent to the other platform user(s) for them to join through.

Jasus deadly.. do you have a link to this info? Id like to keep up to date with news on this.

• Advertisement

Jasus deadly.. do you have a link to this info? Id like to keep up to date with news on this.

They posted it on Twitter last month

Of course.. I will try keep up with their account. Thanks.

Is this cross platform multiplayer?

Yep. PS4 & PC only though.

Ah that's why I had some 10 year-old screaming at me :pac:

ikr? :D

Of course.. I will try keep up with their account. Thanks.

Sorry for lack of detail, but they Tweet like, 10 a day and its hard to keep up. Its in there somewhere.

EDIT: Here's a reddit thread and a reply from the devs. There is a tweet somewhere though I swear!

Hey no problem, Ill keep an eye on it for more info. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I played some ranked 1v1 for the first time the other day.

I felt bad starting against the lowest ranked players, but had to be done to get the rating up to a better standard.
    Had one guy accusing me of cheating, eventually I let him score by tapping the ball in front of my goal and running away which got some obnoxious celebrating...I won 12-1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Ah that's why I had some 10 year-old screaming at me :pac:

Yes, because screaming 10 year olds are exclusive to consoles.

• Advertisement

Started a private match for anyone on PS4 - room name is boards and the password is boardsie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

Did you get any takers on the private room last night? I definitely would be interested in this in the future.

A couple of goals from last night, the last one I was a little surprised with where the ball ended up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Room is a great idea, sickened I missed it. Im on earlier in the evenings I think, miss most of the people who play it here.

No, ended up playing a few games against myself and losing some of them.

... You guys suck :pac:

We'll definitely figure out when to organize a game next.

Anyone up for a 1v1 or 2v2?

Anyone up for a 1v1 or 2v2?

PC or....?

Add me on steam if you can: http://steamcommunity.com/id/grimeballoon

PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Anyone else felt they've reached a skill-plateau? Obviously big jump from rookie when I rarely could even hit the ball, and I've gotten a few aerials in my time, but very inconsistent. In general I'm very inconsistent tending toward crap for a 'veteran'.

Neeel I'll play with ye, I have no mic though

Anyone else felt they've reached a skill-plateau? Obviously big jump from rookie when I rarely could even hit the ball, and I've gotten a few aerials in my time, but very inconsistent. In general I'm very inconsistent tending toward crap for a 'veteran'.

Neeel I'll play with ye, I have no mic though

Yep, I think I'm worse now than I was a couple of weeks ago :pac:
    I seem to be messing up more than I was.

• Advertisement

If you are the last man back at kick off and you piss off out to the corner to collect a boost, I hate you!!!

Advertisement