Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viral Facebook video speaking out about domestic violence (Read mod note in the OP)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭MakeEmLaugh

strelok wrote: »
    there has been a lot of 'thug' thrown around about the man alright, a word you rarely see describing white people

When I was growing up, the word 'thug' was used exclusively to refer to white people.

There were so few black people around, if it hadn't been used for white people it wouldn't have been used at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/my-dads-heart-was-broken-when-he-saw-me-brave-emma-murphy-on-familys-reaction-to-domestic-abuse-claims-31364127.html
    “My dad’s heart was broken when he saw me, that’s the way a dad should be,” she told the Dublin Gazette newspapers.
    “I just want to protect [my kids] and to show them that this is not acceptable from anyone.
    It’s not acceptable to touch a woman.”

I'll probably be lynched by the mob for this but....

Jesus, she's some awful f**king sexist

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

zeffabelli wrote: »
    It's important because it may be what's feeding the public response.

The stereotypes are at play, even at a subliminal level where people are not consciously aware of how they are making judgements.

In these cases "character" becomes as important as the deed itself, maybe more so.

I imagine her black eye is the main thing which is feeding the public response.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭Means Of Escape

When I was growing up, the word 'thug' was used exclusively to refer to white people.

There were so few black people around, if it hadn't been used for white people it wouldn't have been used at all.

Attributed predominantly to skinheads and loutish behaviour in Britain

You are simply disgusting. It's becoming even more evident that you have never been involved in a domestic situation yourself.

I honestly believe that guy is her partner
    posting on here. He has been defending the lowlife since the beginning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,931 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Cormac... wrote: »

What the...?

She's sexist for saying a father should genuinely care if his daughter is beaten up?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

brooke 2 wrote: »

Excellent examples of trying to defend the indefensible .

What the...?

She's sexist for saying a father should genuinely care if his daughter is beaten up?

Hello and thanks for joining us on the thread.

I'm pretty sure my comment is now out of context.

Point being you can extrapolate these types of things out to suit any of the "Sexism" fist waving agendaists here.

So since everyones band wagoning with the whole "Domestic Violence is not ok to EITHER men or women", which I completely agree with, I thought to point out it flows a lot of ways. If I a guy had made those types of comments, the baying mob on here would have a f**king field day.

Why aren't we all crying out for her to say

"that’s the way a PARENT should be,”
    “It’s not acceptable to touch a PERSON.” etc etc, ad nauseam

Astonished for what reason exactly?

People that make ranting videos and post them online usually are regarded that way.

She would been seen as a bunny boiler had she made the video I describe.

Well, she is obviously a very bright girl
    because she got her message across very well. She said repeatedly that she loved him and still does. Some of the listeners to Adrian Kennedy were actually concerned that she might return to her partner. She stated that she did not want to keep him away from their children. He was the one who chose to stay away from his family on Father's Day weekend!! With another woman - classy!! He had already psychologically tortured her. There is no doubt about that. But, that was not enough for him - he had to physically assault her also. I sincerely hope she never goes back to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I've watched the video and, hand on heart, everything about her body language tells me she's not being entirely honest. She can't even maintain eye contact. It just appears to be a vindictive woman determined to destroy the guy who cheated on her. I think she was feeling humiliated and she decided that since he'd hurt and humiliated her, she'd go and do the same to him. I find the video a bit nauseating because she's put her son in it, she's given the names of her children and that removes their anonymity.

She cries, which doesn't seem sincere, amongst other things, about how her children will know that their father hits her. Yeah, they'll know because she's plastered it all over the internet. So, after reviewing the posts and her video I think she's just a vindictive bitch who is probably going to cash in on this whole thing and get herself some third rate media job out of it. Most of you watched the video and somehow found her sincere, which shocks me. All I see is a manipulative woman lashing out and using her kids as a weapon. Even things like saying now the kids dad won't be there for them now? So presumably she's intending to stop him seeing his kids as well. Yeah, I'm done now, I think I understand why so many Irish guys prefer to date foreign women, they must not be as fcukwitted as the Irish ones who believe yer woman. :D Knock yourselves out ladies, I won't be visiting this thread again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

Astonished for what reason exactly

I'm appalled to think that you would ever believe someone deserved to be hit, no matter what would be put up.

In essence, your saying If she was hit, went to the Gardaí and be fobbed off, then put a video up stating some of the things you have mentioned.... she would of deserved the beating?

Who would ever give you the right to state someone would 'deserve' a beating? I'm gobsmacked here to be honest.

I've watched the video and, hand on heart, everything about her body language tells me she's not being entirely honest. She can't even maintain eye contact. It just appears to be a vindictive woman determined to destroy the guy who cheated on her. I think she was feeling humiliated and she decided that since he'd hurt and humiliated her, she'd go and do the same to him. I find the video a bit nauseating because she's put her son in it, she's given the names of her children and that removes their anonymity.

She cries, which doesn't seem sincere, amongst other things, about how her children will know that their father hits her. Yeah, they'll know because she's plastered it all over the internet. So, after reviewing the posts and her video I think she's just a vindictive bitch who is probably going to cash in on this whole thing and get herself some third rate media job out of it. Most of you watched the video and somehow found her sincere, which shocks me. All I see is a manipulative woman lashing out and using her kids as a weapon. Even things like saying now the kids dad won't be there for them now? So presumably she's intending to stop him seeing his kids as well. Yeah, I'm done now, I think I understand why so many Irish guys prefer to date foreign women, they must not be as fcukwitted as the Irish ones who believe yer woman. :D Knock yourselves out ladies, I won't be visiting this thread again.

Jesus you're right!
    I noticed the sliced onion (to feign tears) and the stick of mascara (fake black eye) just behind her on the step.
    We have all been fooled!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭maggiepip

I don't buy her reasons for posting the video and thats what gets me. I don't buy doing this to help other women etc etc. I don't buy shes trying to help her kids etc etc..and I dont get whats so brave about all this. There are just so many things wrong with this and I feel she's very much enjoying the attention. Being brave would be firstly, to some degree, sheltering your children from this media attention and the raw drama of it. Being brave would be to go to the guards, leave and allow the law to deal with it. A trend of one sided accusations posted online is a very dangerous thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

...She can't even maintain eye contact....
    With a camera?
    I won't be visiting this thread again.
    Thank you.

I won't be visiting this thread again.

That's all I read, your simply horrible! I hope you never witness such situations.

Bye bye now :)

Very astute observation reinforced by the posters last post on this thread .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

Hello and thanks for joining us on the thread.

I'm pretty sure my comment is now out of context.

Point being you can extrapolate these types of things out to suit any of the "Sexism" fist waving agendaists here.

So since everyones band wagoning with the whole "Domestic Violence is not ok to EITHER men or women", which I completely agree with, I thought to point out it flows a lot of ways. If I a guy had made those types of comments, the baying mob on here would have a f**king field day.

Why aren't we all crying out for her to say

"that’s the way a PARENT should be,”
    “It’s not acceptable to touch a PERSON.” etc etc, ad nauseam
    It's been said numerous times. Don't worry, she's getting slated - to the point of being called a liar, and held up as an example of how shyte women are.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 149 ✭✭Dogowner55

It's been said numerous times. Don't worry, she's getting slated - to the point of being called a liar, and held up as an example of how shyte women are.

How shyte vindictive vigilantes are, gender is not a part of why people are picking apart what the person did with looking for mob justice rather then actual justice

Very astute observation reinforced by the posters last post on this thread .

He was the one who posted on the first day: 'Had this been a nobody, there is no way she would have made a video'.

Cue a poster asking him: 'Do you know him?' and another saying: 'He is a nobody.' He was unknown to most people at that stage, yet, in his own eyes, he was a 'somebody'. Suffers from delusions of grandeur, as well as everything else!! :(

It's been said numerous times. Don't worry, she's getting slated -

Yeah.... .that's kind of my point, hence the last 15 or so characters
    to the point of being called a liar, and held up as an example of how shyte women are.

Whatever, don't know what that's got to do with anything, maybe you're trying to position me to be on a certain side of the 'fence' here or else you're trying to passively aggressively throw digs at other posters.

Either way, got nothing to do with what I was saying.... soooooo..... yeah....

• Advertisement

At the end of the day if it was me or you that had such allegations hanging over our heads, I would certainly not be in hiding. I would have as many newspaper interviews. radio interviews etc etc.. to clear my name. Some of these people on here don't seem to have the decency to believe a pleading mother of two who has fallen victim to an abusive relationship and trying to raise awareness for other men and women.

Let them ramble on, calling her this and that... We will see the truth come out soon and they can hang their heads in shame.

At the end of the day I'm a man and I will believe a pleading mother with a black eye than a man in hiding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

So was she lying? Haven't read through all the thread but that's the impression I'm getting.

Either way, what she did was quite vindictive and fairly selfish in my opinion, go to the guards, let them deal with it and keep your kids out of the situation. Really feel for the kids in this situation, and the guy tbh because we know damn well he hasn't got a hope of defending himself. Even if it it's true, he should face his consequences in the courts, not on Facebook or through the vigilantes that are no doubt out to get him now.

So was she lying? Haven't read through all the thread but that's the impression I'm getting.

Either way, what she did was quite vindictive and fairly selfish in my opinion, go to the guards, let them deal with it and keep your kids out of the situation. Really feel for the kids in this situation, and the guy tbh because we know damn well he hasn't got a hope of defending himself. Even if it it's true, he should face his consequences in the courts, not on Facebook or through the vigilantes that are no doubt out to get him now.

Please read the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

maybe you're trying to position me to be on a certain side of the 'fence' here or else you're trying to passively aggressively throw digs at other posters.
    Neither. Simply saying there has been plenty of recognition of her sexism, some even taking this recognition to the extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Electric Sheep

Why do you have no doubt that vigilantes are out to get him? I've seen no reports of threats, just that he's losing customers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

I don't think she was lying, but I don't think she's being entirely truthful either. It would be pretty low of someone to use the issue of domestic violence to get revenge on a former lover. I hope we're not being taken for mugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Well, she is obviously a very bright girl
    because she got her message across very well. She said repeatedly that she loved him and still does. Some of the listeners to Adrian Kennedy were actually concerned that she might return to her partner. She stated that she did not want to keep him away from their children. He was the one who chose to stay away from his family on Father's Day weekend!! With another woman - classy!! He had already psychologically tortured her. There is no doubt about that. But, that was not enough for him - he had to physically assault her also. I sincerely hope she never goes back to him.

Why did you quote me when you said this?

I never said she wasn't bright, or that she didn't love him, or that she wouldn't go back with him, or that he hadn't been that had chosen to stay away from them on father's day.
    I'm appalled to think that you would ever believe someone deserved to be hit, no matter what would be put up.

In essence, your saying If she was hit, went to the Gardaí and be fobbed off, then put a video up stating some of the things you have mentioned.... she would of deserved the beating?

Who would ever give you the right to state someone would 'deserve' a beating? I'm gobsmacked here to be honest.

Where did I say she "deserved to be hit" or "deserved a beating" - quit putting words in my mouth.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Please refrain from responding to this user as they have been temporarily banned from After Hours.

If it had been a: 'Look what the bastard did to me this time. Your son, your friend, your trainer, your media personality in the making, well he's not the man you all think he is, cause he's been shagging around and has got another women pregnant!" video, without all the rest of the filler... then she would just be seen as the nut who most likely asked for it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

If it had been a: 'Look what the bastard did to me this time. Your son, your friend, your trainer, your media personality in the making, well he's not the man you all think he is, cause he's been shagging around and has got another women pregnant!" video, without all the rest of the filler... then she would just be seen as the nut who most likely asked for it

So, because I said if she had made a bunny boiler esque video, people would most likely say she asked for it?

That in your world that equates to my saying she would "deserve a beating" if she did?? :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement