Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail jobs

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 missoptimistic

Moshman wrote: »
    Was in the other day, haven't heard anything and to be honest, I'm not expecting to. Eyes still haven't recovered from the dot moving/ shape match thingie on the screen....made a total mess of it.

Best of luck to anyone still in with a chance....
    I thought I did quite well on it, I had a couple of errors, maybe 10 in total of the three rounds ... and I think I did ok on the other stuff, I felt though, that I didn't sell myself well enough in the interview part, or maybe.my SJT answers didnt match up! It's been over 1.5 years since I originally applied

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Moshman

I thought I did quite well on it, I had a couple of errors, maybe 10 in total of the three rounds ... and I think I did ok on the other stuff, I felt though, that I didn't sell myself well enough in the interview part, or maybe.my SJT answers didnt match up! It's been over 1.5 years since I originally applied

If I only had 10 or so errors on that test I'd be expecting a call from NASA, not Irish rail. Don't give up on it yet, you're still in until you hear otherwise....

• Registered Users Posts: 7 missoptimistic

Has anyone heard back to say they "Haven't" been successful!?

I was just expecting that it takes a while to get through all of the results of all of the people, until I read that someone got an invite for the interview after just doing the test yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,770 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Is all this for driving trains or for a manned mission to Mars??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Could someone describe what the vision part of the medical entails in detail?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Andybar88

I received my interview invitation yesterday I think I read someone got their medical date, did anyone else get this and was it with the interview email or separate?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭M7roadrunner

Andybar88 wrote: »
    I received my interview invitation yesterday I think I read someone got their medical date, did anyone else get this and was it with the interview email or separate?

I received an invitation to a medical and an invitation to a pre interview on teams via the same email on Monday gone, after I had my phase 2 on the Thursday before that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Deedsie wrote: »

I went through the medical a while ago and described the eye test for someone else. On the mobile so can't find it atm but it would be a post here from about Jan this year onwards.

For anyone doing the first interview.. It's a structured interview so you need to sell yourself when you do it. If you can think of better examples than you put on paper at stage 2, change them.

I got right though to the final interview but didn't get the job. Best of luck folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 MrBumBum

Deedsie wrote: »
    The usual eye chart reading from top to bottom with either eye. Also a colour blindness test where you tell them what number you see on the card full of coloured dots. I've heard a mention of others having some other test but the above was all that I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mojo Risin

Hey, has anyone heard anything about when they will be resuming/or starting new training classes for the drivers positions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

prinzeugen wrote: »
    I went through the medical a while ago and described the eye test for someone else. On the mobile so can't find it atm but it would be a post here from about Jan this year onwards.

For anyone doing the first interview.. It's a structured interview so you need to sell yourself when you do it. If you can think of better examples than you put on paper at stage 2, change them.

I got right though to the final interview but didn't get the job. Best of luck folks!

In regards the interview, are you referring to the 16pf interview or the one with the panel? Can I change the examples I used on my pre interview form?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

Has anyone who took stage 2 on Thursday heard anything back yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭blue movie

Has anyone who took stage 2 on Thursday heard anything back yet?

Haven't heard anything back and I was in the Thursday before you I'm not hopeful at all now

blue movie wrote: »
    Haven't heard anything back and I was in the Thursday before you I'm not hopeful at all now

I was in Thurs 23rd and also no word, losing hope. But then no rejection email yet either so I guess we aren’t out just yet. Hope you hear back soon. Also I felt I aced stage 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Moshman

I was in Thurs 23rd and also no word, losing hope. But then no rejection email yet either so I guess we aren’t out just yet. Hope you hear back soon. Also I felt I aced stage 2.

They're obviously saving the best for last. You're still in until you hear otherwise....

Moshman wrote: »
    They're obviously saving the best for last. You're still in until you hear otherwise....

Fingers crossed. At the point now where I’m Checking emails constantly

Eddie Ere wrote: »
    In regards the interview, are you referring to the 16pf interview or the one with the panel? Can I change the examples I used on my pre interview form?

I changed the situation. Gave an example etc. The interview is about YOU.

I did not get the job.

interview was pre Covid,

I changed the situation. Gave an example etc. The interview is about YOU.

I did not get the job.

interview was pre Covid,

Can I ask how far in the process you got?

And how long after last phase or interview was it before you found out you didn't get the job?

Can I ask how far in the process you got?

And how long after last phase or interview was it before you found out you didn't get the job?

Got right through to the final interview/medical stage.

I did stage 2 the first week of January, medical appointment was a week after that, the two interviews (same day) were the last week of January and I got the rejection email the second week of March.

So it was about 6 weeks between the interviews and getting the rejection email.

Got right through to the final interview/medical stage.

I did stage 2 the first week of January, medical appointment was a week after that, the two interviews (same day) were the last week of January and I got the rejection email the second week of March.

So it was about 6 weeks between the interviews and getting the rejection email.

That's the scary part alright....
    Did you know that you had 2 interviews in the one day?

• Advertisement

That's the scary part alright....
    Did you know that you had 2 interviews in the one day?

I knew. They sent an email with all the details. The first one was the one with HR (some of you are doing it now by video call I believe). It was at the office inside Heuston station and the second one with the District Manager etc was a hour later at the train crew depot on the other-side of the station.

I know waiting for news is a killer! Your heart skips a beat every time you get a phone call or an email notification.

I knew. They sent an email with all the details. The first one was the one with HR (some of you are doing it now by video call I believe). It was at the office inside Heuston station and the second one with the District Manager etc was a hour later at the train crew depot on the other-side of the station.

I know waiting for news is a killer! Your heart skips a beat every time you get a phone call or an email notification.

Well fair play to you taking the time to answer questions, I appreciate that...

Iv mine on Wednesday and I think I'm prepared enough for any questions they throw at me but I'm coming from retail I just hope it's enough... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Iv mine on Wednesday and I think I'm prepared enough for any questions they throw at me but I'm coming from retail I just hope it's enough... :D

Best of luck.

Best of luck! Is it by video? Only tip I can give is to go into as much detail as possible about the examples you gave. As it's a structured interview it will be the only chance that you will get to sell yourself to them.

I’d take a rejection email at this stage to put me out of my misery

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tejay86

Has anyone done the medical yet?

Tejay86 wrote: »

No but others posted they got a date...I did my HR Interview today, feel it went really well. Fingers crossed and best of luck to everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭M7roadrunner

Tejay86 wrote: »

I done the medical last week, along with the HR interview.
    Haven’t heard back about either yet.

Has anyone whos taken stage 2 got a rejection email, even last year? Or are we just left to wonder? Not sure whether we would get a rejection email or just not receive any further communication if unsuccessful. Surely they would send a rejection?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Tejay86

I done the medical last week, along with the HR interview.
    Haven’t heard back about either yet.
    What was the medical like , where did you have to go for it.

Advertisement