Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rail jobs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

andybar wrote: »
    To all of you who took the time to answer any questions I posted. Thank you so much! I honestly appreciate it.

I start on Monday the 14th

Congratulations!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Damian12

Thanks everyone for the recommendations, just got offered a Mechanical Engineering job starting 1st of October.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Arsenal11

Hi lads, recently applied for the on board customer servicer job for Tralee.! Still haven't heard anything about an interview.. Anyone know anything about interviews taking place/ amount of positions for tralee depot .? All help appreciated

prinzeugen wrote: »
    I got an email from the OPC crowd telling me that I will hear back from Irish Rail about the Customer Service job at some point and they invited me to be a guinea pig for a test they are developing.

Hear anything back since.???

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    It would be up to 48hrs with most weeks shorter and hosts (Cork route) start rate low 30s this is likely similar if not the same. Cushy job and very well paid considering.

ANYONE HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT CSO SINCE .????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

There's some posts about it a few pages back I think.

Arsenal11 wrote: »
    Hear anything back since.???

Nothing.

Where did ye apply for lads .? I heard their mad looking for galway, westport and athlone, small number of positions im tralee, rosslare and Waterford.! A neighbour said interviews took place this week, but I never received an email from anyone

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Coffeelock2020

Where did ye apply for lads .? I heard their mad looking for galway, westport and athlone, small number of positions im tralee, rosslare and Waterford.! A neighbour said interviews took place this week, but I never received an email from anyone

I applied back in March and haven’t heard anything since not even a rejection email

And did you pass all the OPC online aptitude exams.? I passed all them, and received an email to say Irish rail will be in touch in the future

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Coffeelock2020

And did you pass all the OPC online aptitude exams.? I passed all them, and received an email to say Irish rail will be in touch in the future

Yea I got that email aswell

Have you heard anything since

I take it your not working for irish rail .? A neighbour who works for the company told me they had interviews the last two weeks

I have heard nothing from irish rail or the English company doing the online aptitude exams.. Id imagine we didn't get it if they already at interviews.! Anyone else hear anything back or get an interview, help a man out ��

The last thing I did was the Irish Rail Values & Behaviours Questionnaire (IR-VBQ) at the end of March. I have had one email since telling me to be patient and they will be in touch at some point in the future.

I applied for Dublin.

prinzeugen wrote: »
    The last thing I did was the Irish Rail Values & Behaviours Questionnaire (IR-VBQ) at the end of March. I have had one email since telling me to be patient and they will be in touch at some point in the future.

I applied for Dublin.

Ya im the same, only I applied for Tralee.! Just want a reply either way now at this stage.. The IR-VBQ was easy enough, so don't see how we didnt pass that , probably giving the jobs to all inhouse staff

• Registered Users Posts: 15,770 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

, probably giving the jobs to all inhouse staff

That's what ends up happening most of the time.

That's what ends up happening most of the time.

Where did you apply for..??

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I know of a guy who applied for Cork passed all the tests, medical and must have done well in the interview as he was offered a place on the DART course.

Guy is in his early 30s with a young family so it wasn't really a runner to uproot to Dublin so he turned it down last November.

Was told hes on a panel for if such a time a place opens up for Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Hi lads, recently applied for the on board customer servicer job for Tralee.! Still haven't heard anything about an interview.. Anyone know anything about interviews taking place/ amount of positions for tralee depot .? All help appreciated

If I knew of one going there I'd have applied myself. Love the town 😀

Ya im the same, only I applied for Tralee.! Just want a reply either way now at this stage.. The IR-VBQ was easy enough, so don't see how we didnt pass that , probably giving the jobs to all inhouse staff

Originally it was in house but they didnt get enough applicants but recently a lot of the rpu guys have moved over . Ive seen some that are doing the job and if they employ them for the cso job then everyone on here would be good enough for it.
    Communication is not great in house, I waiting over 2 years to move to a new job yet they started somone who had never set foot on the railway before. Not a peep from hr for 2 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,669 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    Originally it was in house but they didnt get enough applicants but recently a lot of the rpu guys have moved over . Ive seen some that are doing the job and if they employ them for the cso job then everyone on here would be good enough for it.
    Communication is not great in house, I waiting over 2 years to move to a new job yet they started somone who had never set foot on the railway before. Not a peep from hr for 2 years.

Has the salary moved in line with lower position?

Its rare to see a CSO on many services these days, not even hiding in the cab. Are they all working (excluding medical reasons related to Covid)?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,770 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Was told hes on a panel for if such a time a place opens up for Cork.

Ah the mythical panel. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Ah the mythical panel. Lol.

Oh ya, I wouldnt be holding my breath or relying on it coming up again after saying no.

Has the salary moved in line with lower position?

Its rare to see a CSO on many services these days, not even hiding in the cab. Are they all working (excluding medical reasons related to Covid)?

Why would your money go down? Of course they are working.

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    Why would your money go down? Of course they are working.

As RPU have a higher grade of pay than a CSO given the additional responsibilities/risks.

Another costly mess by the sounds of it.

As RPU have a higher grade of pay than a CSO given the additional responsibilities/risks.

Nope .

General ops vavancys on the web site.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭IE 222

A company can't reduce someone's pay at will or due to a change in duties. Likewise they need to be careful when not offering a suitable candidate a new position. It's not an IE thing it happens in a lot of places.

IE 222 wrote: »
    A company can't reduce someone's pay at will or due to a change in duties. Likewise they need to be careful when not offering a suitable candidate a new position. It's not an IE thing it happens in a lot of places.

Well they can, if you move up/lower a position pay gets cut but it depends how the change happens. If you are moved by the company then no cuts.
    Nope .

Looked into this and based on pay grading structure train hosts and ticket checkers get the same pay and appears to be specific grade for RPU based on the pay grades published by IE. Would have taught RPU deserve higher than the others.

• Advertisement

Advertisement